News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donovan`

Thanks, but how exactly do you parse the code? I don't see any option to edit the code, only the error message.

TheListener

The parse instructions are in the dropdown box where you downloaded the file from.

Donovan`

Ok, my problem is i don't know how to EDIT the code. There is no way to edit it in package manager, so do I extract it and edit it through notepad? Also I cannot located the managesettings.php file. It's not in my Sources folder.

Jessica.

you're supposed to use a cPanel or something...where you can edit files...
Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

TheListener

Quote from: Donovan` on June 25, 2011, 12:49:25 PM
Ok, my problem is i don't know how to EDIT the code. There is no way to edit it in package manager, so do I extract it and edit it through notepad? Also I cannot located the managesettings.php file. It's not in my Sources folder.

Download the file from your cpanel.

Use notepad##

NOT notepad.

Chen Zhen

That file is located in your Sources folder.. If you are using Cpanel, download it to your pc/mac and use an ascii based editor such as Notepad++
( not ## - Brack  :P ) then save your edits and upload it back to your Sources folder (overwrite old file).
btw - I advise to keep an original backup copy of the file prior to any editing in the event that you make an error.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

mudskipper

Hello...

I am trying to upload this via package manager and I am getting error message "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. " I am running SMF 1.1.14.  Any help

Thanks
Mike

Donovan`

Quote from: -Underdog- on June 25, 2011, 02:19:02 PM

That file is located in your Sources folder.. If you are using Cpanel, download it to your pc/mac and use an ascii based editor such as Notepad++
( not ## - Brack  :P ) then save your edits and upload it back to your Sources folder (overwrite old file).
btw - I advise to keep an original backup copy of the file prior to any editing in the event that you make an error.

I do NOT see the managesettings.php file in my Sources folder. I went to the Link to Mod page and downloaded the 2.5RC1 to my desktop and opened to winrar -> did not see that file. I guess this is what i'm doing wrong? How do you download the file from the cpanel?

fwitt

managesettings.php is a smf file the arcade adds code to not an arcade file.

the error normally means that another mod you have installed has changed the piece of code the arcade looks for to tell where to place its code.

either ftp into your site and download the file from your forums sources folder then edit it using a txt editor and replace it with the edited version (keeping the original backed up in case you make a mistake).
or do the same by logging into your site cpanel and using the file manager.

Chen Zhen

Quote from: mudskipper on June 25, 2011, 02:42:57 PM
Hello...

I am trying to upload this via package manager and I am getting error message "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. " I am running SMF 1.1.14.  Any help

Thanks
Mike

Try the attachment in the first post of the thread from this link: SMF Arcade 2.0.20 - emended
.. it will install on that SMF version.

Quote from: Donovan` on June 25, 2011, 03:06:58 PM
I do NOT see the managesettings.php file in my Sources folder. I went to the Link to Mod page and downloaded the 2.5RC1 to my desktop and opened to winrar -> did not see that file. I guess this is what i'm doing wrong? How do you download the file from the cpanel?

As fwitt has stated - that is a SMF 2.0 file that is located in the Sources folder.
Just to clarify the letter case, it is specifically named: ManageSettings.php

IMO - If you want to use a FTP client application that is superior for file editing/manipulating try Filezilla instead of Cpanel.
When using that application for the first time, you need to enter your FTP personal data.. top left click on: File -> Site Manager -> New Site
.. then enter the needed FTP user info and p/w.
This will allow you to edit files on the fly.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

mudskipper

Underdog, I got the attachment and loaded it.  I had one error and continued.  It said everything loaded correctly, however I do not see an arcade.  Is there something else I need to do?

Chen Zhen

Quote from: mudskipper on June 25, 2011, 06:22:46 PM
Underdog, I got the attachment and loaded it.  I had one error and continued.  It said everything loaded correctly, however I do not see an arcade.  Is there something else I need to do?

The error is most likely due to the install not being able to find an edit marker because another mod had already edited a SMF file in the same area.
When you get errors during installing packages you need to parse the needed edits (after installing).
What file had the error?

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

mudskipper

The error was the Themes/default/index.template.php which I have attached for you.

Chen Zhen

Quote from: mudskipper on June 25, 2011, 07:21:19 PM
The error was the Themes/default/index.template.php which I have attached for you.

Incorrect file, that file is not edited during installation.

The file is index.php from your main directory.
Please attach.

forget that statement... I was looking at v2.5.
I will edit and attach the file.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

mudskipper

Cool, I appreciate it...

Chen Zhen

Quote from: mudskipper on June 25, 2011, 09:09:59 PM
Cool, I appreciate it...
No problem.

File is attached.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

mudskipper

OK, I uploaded that into my theme but still no arcade.  I noticed in the default theme that there were 4 arcade files not listed in the theme I am running, so I copied those over to my theme and still no arcade.  I am so frustrated because I do not know what I am doing.  What should I do next?

IDunc

I get an Test Failed during installation in Sources/ManageSettings.php and Sources/Who.php

Donovan`

Hey i'm getting this error when trying to upload games from ultimatearcade. They're less than 2 mb zip files.

413 Request Entity Too Large

Any help?

fwitt

Quote from: mudskipper on June 25, 2011, 10:15:50 PM
OK, I uploaded that into my theme but still no arcade.  I noticed in the default theme that there were 4 arcade files not listed in the theme I am running, so I copied those over to my theme and still no arcade.  I am so frustrated because I do not know what I am doing.  What should I do next?

themes fall back on to the default theme so if a file isn't in a theme it uses the one from the default themes folder.
so copying the files will not make a difference.

However any files that are edited by the arcade install that do appear in the theme need to have equivalent edits done to them manually.

as you have already done index.template.php that only leave modifications.template.php to check for i think.

also check the page yoursite/forum/index.php?action=arcade to see if the arcade page comes up.

Advertisement: