SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Col

I had similar errors, look at thread: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=45186.msg325412#msg325412

QuoteNote: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.5, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Ben_S siad that error could be ignored. - I took it on trust, he's seems to know his stuff.

Col

Following up my own post! ::)

Here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=29619.msg321754#msg321754

And my comments a few posts later. I've had that many errors, I forget! :-[

I think you haven't run the file I mention two or three posts later. - Lack of documentaion! - I keep asking that this stuff is put in the first post of this thread. :(

Hope that solves the problem for you.

P.S. I think that the file (and I've just read your post more carefully) 'arcade_sql.php', needs to be CHMODed to 775, for it to run. In anycase, once it is sucessfully run, don't forget to delete of the server.

bolo1122

Awesome, gave permissions and sweet it runs,but it was 755, not 775,np  now just 2 problems left and i think this will complete it. I had those errors with the darn parenthesis, but i fix those but now when i click edit permissions i get this error

2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
File: /home/commun14/public_html/forum/Sources/ManagePermissions.php
Line: 1090

that line has this:
foreach ($permissionArray as $perm => $has_own_any)
{
if (isset($context['group']['id']) && $context['group']['id'] == -1 && in_array($perm, $non_guest_permissions))
continue;

Thanks for the help, thank god its about done.
IF it's not for the Family, It's not for ME!!

tentronik

2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
File: /home/commun14/public_html/forum/Sources/ManagePermissions.php
Line: 1090

Hmm with all this mods installed - do you have a backup from this file?
If so add it manual into this file.
Also i guess in the folder is a backup starting with "~".

gizmo28

Ok I downloaded and installed this mod to find out you have to download games from the one site. So I go there and register and never get the activation email, I try having one resent but it says a error occurred, and after seraching through the menus I find a contact us link, fill that out and get a  page with sql errors, so my question is how the heck do you get games for this mod if you can't get activated or contact anyone on that site.

Anihc

well, I tried to activate but when I clicked the link in my email it took me to their main forum no activation page and no place to put the activation code, I doubt the link was automatic so my guess is you can log in using your password you chose anyway :)

Worse comes to worse and you can just create another account there and try again.

GL
Anihc

bolo1122

Ahh finally, its alive!! Let me recap for anyone else:

1. SMF 1.05 and Arcade 1.2.3

2. Install arcade 1.2.3. thru Package Manager

3. Change permissions on arcade_sql.php to 755

4. Loaded file by inputting www.your site.org/forum/arcade.sql_php [nofollow]

5. Got a few errors inside managepermissions.php file. Fixed them by deleting some ")" where it asked

6. Got error about not being able to change permissions. Download a edited managedpermission from smfgames.com  http://smfgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=432.0 [nofollow], fixed that!!

7. Got error on games directory (path) invalid. Uploaded files to games folder and typed "./Games"
Case sensitive without quotation marks.

8. gold.gif file missing from package, doesnt show during statistics screen, went to page and got a good pic renamed gold.gif  working fine!

And walla School forum arcade is working beautifully!! thanks to Col and others for the help :-*
IF it's not for the Family, It's not for ME!!

Nitro

i had to install everything manually. i have smf 1.1b3

uploaded one game to games folder, by the way, on the arcade2.xml i found no reference to create a games or game folder but since previous version did, so i figured, i had to create it, so i am not sure if i did it right.

i uploaded one game and it is not showing on the list.

did i miss something?

any comments please? thank you.
MPF Rocks!!!

tentronik

Quote from: gizmo28 on August 14, 2005, 10:39:39 PM
Ok I downloaded and installed this mod to find out you have to download games from the one site. So I go there and register and never get the activation email, I try having one resent but it says a error occurred, and after seraching through the menus I find a contact us link, fill that out and get a  page with sql errors, so my question is how the heck do you get games for this mod if you can't get activated or contact anyone on that site.
Find a flash game and contact the author about it. YOu just need to assign a getURL actionscript inside the flash movie when submitting scores.
Btw. i think the errors you encountered are get fixed. A few days ago all was working ok.

Quotei uploaded one game and it is not showing on the list.
You need to go to the arcade admin and enable the mod inside the arcade settings and then install the game with the game installer link.

Nitro

thank you man, i think i forgot that thing. now everything is working EXCEPT....
all games are working fine, except when someone ends playing any game at the very end of it, it kickes the player all the way back to the main forum index. i had to disable highscore because it is doing the same thing.

help!!!!

can someone tell me here how do i fix this thing? thank you!!
MPF Rocks!!!

tentronik

When does the forum index load?
When a player submit a score?
And did you also set the settings inside game link after game install?

Nitro

Quote from: tentronik on August 15, 2005, 02:29:21 AM
When does the forum index load?
When a player submit a score?
And did you also set the settings inside game link after game install?

the index loads after someone finishes the game, they click next or somethingand it kicks you all the way to the main index of the forum, it does the same when they submit a score so it is now disabled.

the settings are as follows:
Games Directory (Path): /homepages/20/d107436098/htdocs/bb/bb/Games
Games Directory (Url): http://www.mypowerforum.com/bb/Games

so even when i changing some of the names of the games and when i save it, it kicks me all the way back to the main index. that's weird.

i am wondering if i missed something durin gmanual instllation.
MPF Rocks!!!

johnm

QuoteGames Directory (Path): /homepages/20/d107436098/htdocs/bb/bb/Games
Games Directory (Url): http://www.mypowerforum.com/bb/Games

they dont match up or is it just a typo?

paths should be like
/home/user/httpdcos/forumpath/gamesdir
would be http://site.com/forumpath/gamesdir

is this an install on a local machine?

tentronik

The above path is the path on the web ftp server.
The bottom the domain address URL

johnm

er? i know what the paths are and should be like

but the path should idealy be the full path not the path from the ftp root

tentronik

I dont know how this script is concpted so maybe its nessasary to do so.
Many scripts needs the fullpath, i think for accessing other stuff on ther server.

Bigguy

I had smf 1.0.3 installed on this site and running with shop and arcade for about 4 months then the server updated php version and I updated with a new install of smf 1.0.5 with the original database from smf 1.0.3. I have the board up and running the shop is running and I have some mods installed like faster parse code visual warnings and such.  All works eccept I cant get the arcade to install. I get this error in the package manager:  (hope its allowed to post screen shots)

Nitro

i fyou are using smf1.1b3 you might have to install it manually. that's what most of the people here using the new smf have done. it is not that hard, except you might run into some details like the ones i am having here and am still waiting for an answer.
MPF Rocks!!!

Bigguy

Well I`m using smf 1.0.5 and I get other errors as well this is when trying to install anyone of the 3 versions of the arcade. Like I said I had the arcade installed on smf 1.0.3, then the server changed php versions and I had to upgrade the forum. I have tried installing when no other modifications are installed, upgrading the database reinstalling the whole thing. I have to keep the database its running on because it has everything in it so getting rid of it and starting with a new database is not an option.

Nitro

MPF Rocks!!!

Advertisement: