News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnm

Quote from: Bigguy on August 17, 2005, 03:56:48 PM
Ok I just wanted to let everyone know that I have gotten the arcade installed. I renamed the table "smf_games_caterogy" to "smf_games_category" that took care of the problem I was having with the error message telling me that "smf_games_category doesn`t exist" I was also getting an error in package manager about if failing to execute a modification in display.template.php I think it was. I gnored that warning when installing. It seems to be working now, just going to try installing some games. Hope this helped someone.

glad you finaly got it to work

Bigguy

yep I have smfarcade 1.2.3 running on smf 1.0.5 with simpleportal 1.1, simpledownload 1.1.1, shop 1.1 (build4) and its all running fine. Thank you all for your help.

tentronik

Quoteyep I have smfarcade 1.2.3 running on smf 1.0.5 with simpleportal 1.1, simpledownload 1.1.1, shop 1.1 (build4) and its all running fine. Thank you all for your help.
And its open source!

:D

Cheers

Bigguy

Yep thats one of the best parts for sure, now I got to get a bit of help with a couple other things and I`m golden. Thanks again guys.

spleen1015

Hey guys. I need a little help installing this thing. I am getting the following error when I try to install it:

2: copy(index.php~): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /home/spleen/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1241

I would do a search but it is disabled it seems.

Juggler

ftp in and delete the index.php~ file (It's only a back up) and also make sure that subs-package.php is CHMOD'ed to 777
The Blue Buzzards
Flying Scooter Display Team
#69 Squadron
www.bluebuzzards.com

spleen1015

Thanks! That helped me get installed, but now I have 3 'Games' buttons at the top of my board. How can I get it down to 1?

I tried uninstalliong the mod and that left me with 2 of them.

rider

Quote from: spleen1015 on August 18, 2005, 03:29:55 PM
Thanks! That helped me get installed, but now I have 3 'Games' buttons at the top of my board. How can I get it down to 1?

I tried uninstalliong the mod and that left me with 2 of them.

Hi if you go to smfgames.com and check the FAQ forum most of the problems you're having can be fixed,including the one for too many buttons.Hope this helps.

Juggler

ah yes, we've all gone through the multiple buttons problem at some pont or another. As above check out SMFgames.com as there is lots of useful tips, tricks and advice you can get there plus all the game packs too.
The Blue Buzzards
Flying Scooter Display Team
#69 Squadron
www.bluebuzzards.com

Richard North

Quote from: johnm on August 17, 2005, 03:55:02 PM

debuging the mod

That's what's at the root of most of the bugs... decent code, but very poorly typed...  :-X

trenchteam

Im getting this error.

QuoteYou have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
File: /XXXXXX/XXXXXX/public_html/forum/Sources/Display.php
Line: 673

Not sure what this means?  Everything installed great.  I am running SMF 1.1b public and the latest arcade. It says 1.2.1 even though I dl 1.2.3

trenchteam

^ gah! got it working. changed the permissions, the re-ran the SQL.  It works! ;D

Fiery

I have added the section you need in the permissions for the arcade, but prople still cant access the arcade, its open but only i have access.  The added code is:

'arcade' => array(
'view_arcade' => false,
'play_arcade' => false,
'submit_score' => false,
'challenge_send' => false,
'challenge_view' => false,
'admin_arcade' => false,
),

Any ideas?
Thanks

^Raven^

I've tried to use the SMF search feature but it has been momentarily disabled due to high stress on the server or so the pop-up message says.  Anyway, I'm receiving an error message I need some help with,.

Table 'bleebiz_forum.smf_games_category' doesn't exist
File: /home/bleebiz/public_html/swforum/Sources/ArcadeAdmin.php
Line: 299

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.5, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

How do I go about fixing this?  I tried going to http://swforum.blee.biz/upgrade.php but got a 404 error.  Would I go somewhere else to fix this?
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

Public Relations Coordinator, Battlestar Galactica Wiki

CODude

Something went wrong :S

At my website, after it's installed, it's just like blank. It does work and everything but there are no games or anything of anything. Any help appreciated!

Link: hxxp:cristianosenlinea.org/foros/index.php?action=arcade [nonactive]

Thanks!

rider

Quote from: ^Raven^ on August 27, 2005, 07:47:38 PM
I've tried to use the SMF search feature but it has been momentarily disabled due to high stress on the server or so the pop-up message says.  Anyway, I'm receiving an error message I need some help with,.

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.5, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

How do I go about fixing this?  I tried going to http://swforum.blee.biz/upgrade.php but got a 404 error.  Would I go somewhere else to fix this?

Have you tried to run the arcade_sql.php more than once.That might work.Another way to fix this is by deleting that table from your database and reinstalling the arcade.Also if you go to smfgames.com and check out the FAQ forum you'll find most of your answers.Hope this helps.

rider

Quote from: pmp6nl on August 27, 2005, 07:42:17 PM
I have added the section you need in the permissions for the arcade, but prople still cant access the arcade, its open but only i have access.  The added code is:

'arcade' => array(
'view_arcade' => false,
'play_arcade' => false,
'submit_score' => false,
'admin_arcade' => false,
),

Any ideas?
Thanks

Have you go into your admin panel and into the edit permissions for each group and set up permissions there as well.

rider

Quote from: ^Raven^ on August 27, 2005, 07:47:38 PM

also you can try this as well...Ok I just wanted to let everyone know that I have gotten the arcade installed. I renamed the table "smf_games_caterogy" to "smf_games_category" that took care of the problem I was having with the error message telling me that "smf_games_category doesn`t exist" I was also getting an error in package manager about if failing to execute a modification in display.template.php I think it was. I gnored that warning when installing. It seems to be working now, just going to try installing some games. Hope this helped someone

Fiery

Quote from: rider on August 28, 2005, 10:12:30 AM
Quote from: pmp6nl on August 27, 2005, 07:42:17 PM

'arcade' => array(
'view_arcade' => false,
'play_arcade' => false,
'submit_score' => false,
'admin_arcade' => false,
),

Any ideas?
Thanks

Have you go into your admin panel and into the edit permissions for each group and set up permissions there as well.

O,ok that fixed it... thanks

^Raven^

Yeah CODude.  I fixed my problem but now like you the arcade is instsalled but no games are.  I don't know how to get the games installed.
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

Public Relations Coordinator, Battlestar Galactica Wiki

Advertisement: