News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PersianDeveloper

Hey there
I have just translated your package and installed it on my SMF2 forum : http://forum.persian.cc
However, non of the flash based games are working. The error message is "enable javascript in order to play games", yet I have already enabled that in firefox.
also tested the games in IE and opera
still the same error...

arcade URL is :
http://forum.persian.cc/index.php?action=arcade

Chalky

Yes I'm getting the same message on your arcade so it is not a browser issue....

PersianDeveloper

Yes, and I just uninstalled the package, and installed the original english one
It works now
but why is that ?
to translate the package I have translated two php files
English  and English.utf...  one

NanoSector

Quote from: hiboy on October 13, 2012, 06:33:20 AM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on October 13, 2012, 05:59:17 AM
Try reading this, as mentioned in the linked topic:
http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=4969.0

I went in through PhpMyAdmin and changed everything to utf8_general_ci , the error still occur
Then I have no idea what the problem is, sorry.

@above: I just tested in google Chrome on my HTC phone abs it says flash was not found. Going to try the stock browser in a second.

Edit: stock browser says the same, although I have flash installed...
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

elliatt

I have updated to smf 2 and when reinstalling my arcade I receive the following error.

Database Error
Duplicate key name 'id_game'
File: /XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXX/public_html/XXXXXXXXX/forum/Packages/temp/arcadeinstall/Subs-Install.php
Line: 143

Can anyone provide some guidance on this?

Chen Zhen

Quote from: elliatt on October 21, 2012, 04:53:02 PM
I have updated to smf 2 and when reinstalling my arcade I receive the following error.

Database Error
Duplicate key name 'id_game'
File: /XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXX/public_html/XXXXXXXXX/forum/Packages/temp/arcadeinstall/Subs-Install.php
Line: 143

Can anyone provide some guidance on this?

elliatt,

The installation package for SMF 2 will not work correctly where the SMF 1 version of the arcade was previously installed.  No one (including myself) has made a conversion package/tool to transfer the SMF 1 Arcade db values to the SMF 2 Arcade db values. The only current option is to use the purge tool which omits all of the SMF 1 arcade db data & will let you install the SMF 2 Arcade afterward. With this process all previous Arcade data will be lost but it will let you use the SMF 2 Arcade anew.

The attachment requires membership to the Arcade forum.
Purge tool: http://smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=7646.0

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

elliatt

Thank you for the information!

Frank496

I think 1 start would getting special VARS during the game would be a very good and easy sollution.

DMR123

It would be great to get this mod compatible with SMF 2.0.2

Chen Zhen

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Goodman854

Quote from: -Underdog- on August 14, 2012, 09:01:35 AM

For those with database error issues (I've read a few) during installation or otherwise:

There is an Arcade DB purge tool I made a while back which will remove any E-Arcade or SMF Arcade DB tables/entries.
Follow directions from this page: ref. http://smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=7646.0

This will of course delete any previous arcade data but should allow you to install the arcade without issue.
Otherwise there is also a hack version released that uses a different db install routine as an option.

There is a download link now on the main site for a more recent release of the SMF Arcade RC2.
I can verify that the installer was adjusted for SMF 2.0.2 but I do not know why Niko did not update it here.

<install for="2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2">

I hope this will resolve some peoples issues.
The arcade website requires admin approval to join, and it looks like that site is barely even managed I don't think I'll be able to get that tool. Any chance you could host it some where else?

EDIT:

I get "Please wait while checking session..." all the time. I changed the submit system to arcade 2.0 or something and now it says I don't have flash.

Chen Zhen

Quote from: goodman854 on December 13, 2012, 11:30:57 AM
The arcade website requires admin approval to join, and it looks like that site is barely even managed I don't think I'll be able to get that tool. Any chance you could host it some where else?

EDIT:

I get "Please wait while checking session..." all the time. I changed the submit system to arcade 2.0 or something and now it says I don't have flash.

goodman854,

I check the arcade site at least every few days to accept new members pending approval. Most delays for registration are due to the user/register not confirming their email by linking back to the forum in a timely manner.  Your user name was just accepted a few minutes ago which will now allow you to view attachments.  The strict setup/policy to check on new users has been put in place to thwart spam. 
  Most games that you install will automatically set the appropriate save type. If the save type for a specific game is not set correctly, an error message will appear in your log informing you of which submit system that specific game should be adjusted to.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Goodman854

Quote from: -Underdog- on December 14, 2012, 12:21:25 AM
Quote from: goodman854 on December 13, 2012, 11:30:57 AM

EDIT:

goodman854,

I check the arcade site at least every few days to accept new members pending approval. Most delays for registration are due to the user/register not confirming their email by linking back to the forum in a timely manner.  Your user name was just accepted a few minutes ago which will now allow you to view attachments.  The strict setup/policy to check on new users has been put in place to thwart spam. 
  Most games that you install will automatically set the appropriate save type. If the save type for a specific game is not set correctly, an error message will appear in your log informing you of which submit system that specific game should be adjusted to.

Thank you, however I used the tool then removed it and installed  SMF Arcade 2.5 RC2 went to play Invaders from game pack 14 which i told it to install and it says... Please wait while checking session...

And it never leaves from that. How do I fix this? :(

flamechica

Does anyone know if it would be hard to change the notification for invitation to the Arena matches to a PM instead of an email and how I would go about doing this?

Skaty

any sign for 2.0.3 ? 

Eclipse16V

I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

crustybum

Where?...can someone point me to the version that works with the latest smf release SMF 2.0.3??

TheListener

To Skaty and Crustybum

Have you looked through the mods posts?

Also have a look at www.smfarcade.info

crustybum

Quote from: Old Fossil on January 21, 2013, 06:08:25 PM
To Skaty and Crustybum

Have you looked through the mods posts?

Also have a look at www.smfarcade.info

Yes, The version in the mods section is not compatible with 2.03, and the link you provided is to a "hack" which i am still waiting for email conformation to....but i do realize its not worked for everyone..

FrizzleFried

I take it you've attempted to emulate the last version it's reporting compatible with,  right?

If not,  you might want to give that a try.  It's been a while since I installed it but it installed in to 2.0.2 with out much issue... and when I upgraded to 2.0.3 I had no issues...

Advertisement: