News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frostbyte

Why cant I access any game downloads from any of the site links in this thread..they are all down, and the hxxp:www.snmarcade.com/ [nonactive] after I have registered and when I click download it says error I dont have permission to access that page...I installed the arcade but now I dont have any games....any help where I could download the converted ones at?

Frostbyte

Frostbyte

Also when I ran PHPBB software we could get 100's of flash games that are used by permission from hxxp:phpbb-amod.com [nonactive], any chance we could get permission from all the same authors they did?,also I just need to find a place to download games for SMF Arcade.....

Frostbyte

rider

The games used for the arcade are by permission only.We do try and get permission from as many authors as we can.Try this link for the D/L.http://www.arcade.web.com/index.php

The site is under going some changes right now so bare with us as it gets done.

Salamence

hmm. I have some problems to instaling Packages. And when I instal SMF Arcade it says that I most chmodde some files, but who of them most i chmodde?

A littlebit bad in engliah :P But I hope you undersatnd ;)

rider

There's a good chance that the ones that need to be cmodded are already done.Go ahead and install it and let us know if you have any trouble.

RoarinRow

Does anyone have a working ArcadeAdmin.php?  I get the 'caterogy' error in my logs and I do not know which one to correct.  It looks all Greek to me. 

The other error message I get is with file Arcade2.php.   I would just like some working files.  Please.

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Salamence

Quote from: rider on October 15, 2005, 10:48:19 AM
There's a good chance that the ones that need to be cmodded are already done.Go ahead and install it and let us know if you have any trouble.
hmm. I cant install it. This is the message i get: "You most chmodde som files before you can install this package". I must chmodde the files before  i can install it. So which files is it?

rider

Quote from: Salamence on October 16, 2005, 03:14:09 AM
Quote from: rider on October 15, 2005, 10:48:19 AM
hmm. I cant install it. This is the message i get: "You most chmodde som files before you can install this package". I must chmodde the files before  i can install it. So which files is it?

Send me a link to your site and I'll see if I can help.

Salamence

OK. I have sendt it on PM

MarkL

HI,

I am new to SMF boards and have a question. I just downloaded a game pack for SMF Games but I have not idea how to install it. I do have the SMF Games Package installed. I went to the games installer but see no options for installing new games.

How would I install the game pack I just downloaded?

THANKS!!!

rider

Quote from: jazzmark on October 17, 2005, 11:28:44 AM
HI,

I am new to SMF boards and have a question. I just downloaded a game pack for SMF Games but I have not idea how to install it. I do have the SMF Games Package installed. I went to the games installer but see no options for installing new games.

THANKS!!!

You have to upload the games to your main games folder in your ftp and install thru you game installer in your admin panel on your site.Hope this helps.

MarkL

Quote from: rider on October 17, 2005, 12:00:48 PM
Quote from: jazzmark on October 17, 2005, 11:28:44 AM
HI,

THANKS!!!

You have to upload the games to your main games folder in your ftp and install thru you game installer in your admin panel on your site.Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately, I am not seeing any INSTALL option in the installer section. Maybe I uploaded it incorrectly. Should I be uploading into a subdirectory of games or directly into the games directory?

What I have is a bunch of SWF files and graphic.

Thanks!!!

rider

Upload them to your main games directory in your ftp.Do a copy and paste of the images and files.Then you should see them when you go into your arcade admin panel on your site.If you see the games in the installer section then just click on the game and follow the next steps.

MarkL

rider

NP Glad I could help. :D

Swoah

Hi guys,

The arcade mod is working perfectly except for a few tiny things..
First of all i'm experiencing a lot of error messages in the error log:
Undefined variable: game       File: c:\domains\xxxxxxxx.com\wwwroot\forum\Sources\Display.php            Line: 555

The line it's refering to is:
if(file_exists($modSettings['arcade_games_dir']."/".$rivi['game'].".".$ex)){

I've tried the solution JohnM gave here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=29619.msg353026#msg353026

Thus this didn't work. I'm still getting the error message.
Can anybody help me with this?

There's also one little problem, in the game listing you don't see the thumbnails when you're using Firefox with IE everything is oke...

Thanks for your help...

Sting

Okay, I didn't have the time nore the patience to read through the 110 pages worth or posts so I will just post here, etc, etc.

I installed the arcade and when I went to add games... or basically anything with it it told me that I was running version 1.05 of smf but version 1.02 of the database. My question is, how do I fix this?

Now if you say upgrade to 1.1 I'll hurt you because I tried and couldn't get it to do so. It would always tell me I have internal configuration problems and that it could not load the upgrade.php because of it.

when I run arcade_sql.php I get "The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

And when I check server log I see this "[Wed Oct 19 20:31:13 2005] [error] [client 63.233.105.25] Premature end of script headers: /home/stingah/public_html/xfactor/arcade_sql.php"

EDIT: Ok, nvm fixed it... some reason the file was chmod'd to 666... I set it to 644 and it worked.

DangerGirl

Out of nowhere a member on my 1.0.5 forum received a database error while playing Mahjongg.  I wish I had copied the error, would have been nice.  We started getting that error while trying to play any game after that.  The second part of the error, the Note, was saying that my db files were out of date, like 1.02 or something.  I know, I'm so helpful.

Anyway, I tried to upgrade from arcade version 1.2 to 1.2.3, and while installing, Display.template.php failed.  I continued anyway, hoping, and now I get this error when going to arcade_sql.php:

SMF Arcade Install & Update tool
Install
Checking database differences
Connected and Selected Database
Finding tables... 70 tables in database
Table 'bboards.smf_games_category' doesn't exist

I don't currently have access to the db, but I can relay info to the admin.  Any idea what I need to do?

Thanks!

Edit: I uploaded 1.2.3, but the only package available to install via package manager was SMF Arcade 1.2.1.  Could this be my problem?  I'm confused I guess, it's been a long night.  :P

Sting

Quote from: DangerGirl on October 20, 2005, 03:03:43 AM
Edit: I uploaded 1.2.3, but the only package available to install via package manager was SMF Arcade 1.2.1.  Could this be my problem?  I'm confused I guess, it's been a long night.  :P

ya, I even went to the web site and uploaded it normally. Still says 1.2.1 for the package manager and for the arcade itself (when you're adding games, etc) it says 1.2.2.  ;)

But everything on mine seems to work. I will try and upload Mahjongg when my server finishes updates and see if I encounter the same problem.

ripple

Couple of things:

It looks like the the arcade sites aren't working correctly -- can't get to any of the downloadable games.  Anyone have an updated link, or when these sites are going to work?

Secondly, how do you get the "Who's Online" link to display members who are in the arcade itself?  Now, it says "Unknown action"

Advertisement: