News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gargoyle

No those are the only ones that will work properly.

They have been specially edited to work with the mod.

deathwantsme

So if i find some and put the games on here, would someone edit it so that we can all use the games?

Sting

They basically have to get permission to use it for that to begin with from what I understand.

deathwantsme

ERG... people and their red tape. Got to love it.

RoarinRow

Quote from: oldmanwolf on July 18, 2005, 02:59:00 PM
At the same time, I'm getting this error in the Admin log...
8: Undefined variable: latest
File: /home/www/xxxxxxxx.org/forum/Sources/Arcade2.php
Line: 495

line 495: return $latest;

I get the line 495 error a couple times before, probably when starting the game in the first place...  These two could be related somehow...

Any ideas?   :-\

Has anyone fixed this error message about:

File: /forum/Sources/Arcade2.php
Line: 518

It's one of my last error messages to fix in addition to:

- Unable to load the 'tourney' template.

and

-8: Undefined index: Users
File: /forum/Sources/Arcade.php
Line: 1164

and

- Unable to load the 'top' template.

Thanks!

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

deathwantsme

I get 2 buttons for the arcade called games with this in the default CSS and would like to know how to add just 1 button on other CSS' Can anyone help me?

Ray™

Quote from: Sting on October 23, 2005, 04:56:23 PM
Quote from: Ray on October 23, 2005, 02:00:06 PM
http://www.rranderson.com/xxx/index.php?action=arcade 
8: Undefined index: member
File: X:\xxx\xxx\Themes\default\TPortalBlocks.template.php (game_list sub template - eval?)
Line: 220

this is in the acade.template.php
and here is the code -- I think

if($temp['highscore'] != 2){
if(count($temp['top10']) >= 1){

$champ = "<a href=\"{$scripturl}?action=profile;u={$temp['top10'][0]['member']['ID_MEMBER']}\">".$temp['top10'][0]['member']['realName']."</a><br />";

$champ.= (float)$temp['top10'][0]['score'];
         }

hmmz... well the line of code that is said to have the problem according to the error was line 220 of TPortalBlocks.template.php

echo '<br />'.$bullet.'<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=pm">' .$txt['tp-pm'].' ', $context['user']['messages'], '</a>';

and the code you posted above... well, I'm not too sure. I mean, I don't see anything that just jumps out at me that would cause an error.

emailing you the file I think the error is in
arcade-Only (over 800 Games)
http://www.arcade-only.com
Hand Made Ceramics
http://cbr.rranderson.com

deathwantsme

thats greek to me. I have no clue what im supposed to do with that or how to. Do i do that in my FTP or via the forum's theme manager?

Sting

Ray, you can remove the $member from global. It's not the problem because it's not being called in the file whatsoever, and it's not in the other either. This one's not going to be as easy as the other ones.

I'm starting to wonder what the relevance of "(game_list sub template - eval?)" has to theis problem from "File: X:\xxx\xxx\Themes\default\TPortalBlocks.template.php (game_list sub template - eval?)". Are you running a different theme from default? If it's not that ten maybe you will want to contact whoever made MKPortal. Sorry I couldn't be of any help on this one. If I can think of anything that might help I'll let you know.

Quote from: RoarinRow on October 24, 2005, 12:12:18 AM

I get the line 495 error a couple times before, probably when starting the game in the first place...  These two could be related somehow...

and

and

Thanks!

Ok, first open Arcade2.php and scroll up to the top of the fuction where you found $latest. When you find it, add $latest to the gloabal variables. Example:

global $context, $user_info, $db_prefix, $modSettings, $latest;

The undefined index is a similar problem Ray is having. No success on determining what is causing that.

deathwantsme

thats going to remove the 2nd button?

RoarinRow

Quote from: Sting on October 24, 2005, 01:03:22 AM
Ray, you can remove the $member from global. It's not the problem because it's not being called in the file whatsoever, and it's not in the other either. This one's not going to be as easy as the other ones.

I'm starting to wonder what the relevance of "(game_list sub template - eval?)" has to theis problem from "File: X:\xxx\xxx\Themes\default\TPortalBlocks.template.php (game_list sub template - eval?)". Are you running a different theme from default? If it's not that ten maybe you will want to contact whoever made MKPortal. Sorry I couldn't be of any help on this one. If I can think of anything that might help I'll let you know.

and

and

Thanks!

Ok, first open Arcade2.php and scroll up to the top of the fuction where you found $latest. When you find it, add $latest to the gloabal variables. Example:

The undefined index is a similar problem Ray is having. No success on determining what is causing that.

Thanks Sting, but I'm still getting the 'latest error'.  I found the code you referenced in 3 place in the Arcade2.php file.  I added $latest after $modSettings.

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Sting

Quote from: deathwantsme on October 24, 2005, 01:05:07 AM
thats going to remove the 2nd button?

not sure I completely understanding what you are trying to do so I don't know quite what to tell you.

Quote from: RoarinRow on October 24, 2005, 01:35:27 AM
Quote from: Sting on October 24, 2005, 01:03:22 AM

and

and

Thanks!

Thanks Sting, but I'm still getting the 'latest error'.  I found the code you referenced in 3 place in the Arcade2.php file.  I added $latest after $modSettings.

Ya, I don't understand what it is meaning by undefined index. If we get this figured out it should fix Ray's problem as well.

EDIT: Ok, I'm grasping at straws here, but try looking at your Themes/themename/languages/Arcade.English.php file and see if       $txt['arcade_229'] is defined anywhere in it... I may going way off but it's a shot.  :P

Ray™

EDIT: Ok, I'm grasping at straws here, but try looking at your Themes/themename/languages/Arcade.English.php file and see if       $txt['arcade_229'] is defined anywhere in it... I may going way off but it's a shot.  :P

this line is their

$txt['arcade_229'] = "Total Players";     
arcade-Only (over 800 Games)
http://www.arcade-only.com
Hand Made Ceramics
http://cbr.rranderson.com

Sting

hmmz, ok, I will continue to look about and see if I might mangae to come across something.

RoarinRow

Quote from: Ray on October 24, 2005, 03:09:51 AM

this line is their

$txt['arcade_229'] = "Total Players";     

That's my line says as well.  Thanks for your help!  :D

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

judymcl

Quotehttp://smfarcade.arcade.web.com/ (Support)

Says site is closed.

arcade.web.com/ takes me to MK Portal. I don't use MK Portal; I just use the arcade module for SMF. ....Any other ideas as to where the support board for smf arcade might be besides here please??
Judy

rider

Right now the arcade site is under going some major changes.If you are looking to just add games then use that link to d/l the games.For now we have to use this thread for support.I'm hoping to have things running within the next few days.sorry for the inconvinicne and we'll get it running soon.

rider

Quote from: deathwantsme on October 24, 2005, 04:43:17 PM
quite the n00b question here. I downloaded game package 1-7, uploaded them (on dial up thank you) and extracted the files. I still cant install the games, what am i not doing?
Let me see if I can help.You d.l the gamepacks to your pc then open the zip files and upload the games file and gif images to your game folder in your ftp.Then go into your admin panel on your site and install them thru the games installer in the arcade admin.Let me know if this helps.

deathwantsme

I fixed it a kind of simpler way. I just moved each file out of the folder it extracted to into the games section and then installed :) Thanks for the help.

rider

I'm glad you got it working If you have anymore trouble just post back here and I'll do my best to help.

Advertisement: