News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judymcl

Rider, thank you for the information. I am not in need of any games just now, but I had put in a request a while back for one (Chicken Shootout) and they had obtained permission and were going to proceed with converting it for SMF Arcade, so I just had wondered what was happening when it said the site was closed. I'm glad to know that the site is not gone. Will the same URL be used for it or will we have a new one again?

Thank you again,
Ruskin
Judy

rider

Quote from: ruskin on October 25, 2005, 03:55:06 AM
Rider, thank you for the information. I am not in need of any games just now, but I had put in a request a while back for one (Chicken Shootout) and they had obtained permission and were going to proceed with converting it for SMF Arcade, so I just had wondered what was happening when it said the site was closed. I'm glad to know that the site is not gone. Will the same URL be used for it or will we have a new one again?

Thank you again,
Ruskin

I'm hoping when the dust settles the url will be smfgames but I have to wait to see.As for the game request I'll check into it and let you know.

judymcl

Judy

DaHoffermn

I just recently set up SMF Arcade on my forum. I really like it, and so do my students (it's my class' online presence).

However, I've seen on some other sites where Karma points can be used to "buy" games. I'd like to be able to do this so my students don't just play games.

Anyone have any idea how this can be done?

rider

Quote from: Rockboy on October 26, 2005, 01:49:55 PM
Nice modification. My Sources directory was deleted when I ran the SQL file.

What do you mean it was deleted?As far as I know the arcade doesn't delete anything.This is the 1st time I've heard of this.

Rockboy

Sorry...I'll delete that post, as I can't say that was exactly what happened. But I ran Arcade_SQL.php, and tested out my forum, and voila, my Sources directory is missing. My forum is down right now as I'm trying to reinstall it. Fortunately, I just backed up my database before I ran that file.

Rockboy

However, I did run into this error:
Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'C:\****\****\kutlessrocks.com\wwwroot\board2\Sources/QueryString.php
I can see that I entered the source directory incorrectly, where can I edit that?

redone

Do you have the correct permissions for your sources directory (chmodded to 777)?

Which version of SMF, arcade are you using? Are you using the default theme or a custom one?

The arcade mod does not modify that file in anyway.

~redone

Rockboy

I downloaded the Arcade via the Package Manager today. I executed it, and when I ran the SQL file, my sources directory mysteriously disappeared. I had it backed up, so I re-uploaded it. Now I can't access anything arcade-related. When I try to uninstall, 3 of the files fail the tests...oh wait. I know why. By typing this out, I figured out what my problem is. :-D

*EDIT* Fixed with 4 mouseclicks.   :-[

boogiedown

I upgraded my acrcade to the latest version, all works fine, but when it lists highscores, instead of the click able member name/profile, it says Array.

But if i look under the  "welcome to Arcade" it list the username fine for high score.

How do i fix?

Elmacik

a little note for the auothor of this mod:
first, congrats. this mod is really great
but i think your package has lots of excess code in <search for> commands.
and it makes  the package have a high probability of giving failed tests during install
Home of Elmacik

ordered

Quote from: rider on October 15, 2005, 10:14:31 AM
The games used for the arcade are by permission only.We do try and get permission from as many authors as we can.Try this link for the D/L.http://www.arcade.web.com/index.php

The site is under going some changes right now so bare with us as it gets done.

Does anyone know how to install games? None of the links in this thread work. Accounts are suspended, domains are not registered. Does anyone have this working on thier SMF?

diane_tt

you have to install the files onto your webserver. yes i have arcade working.

rider

Quote from: ordered on October 27, 2005, 03:11:14 PM
Quote from: rider on October 15, 2005, 10:14:31 AM
The games used for the arcade are by permission only.We do try and get permission from as many authors as we can.Try this link for the D/L.http://www.arcade.web.com/index.php

The site is under going some changes right now so bare with us as it gets done.

Does anyone know how to install games? None of the links in this thread work. Accounts are suspended, domains are not registered. Does anyone have this working on thier SMF?

You can use the link to d/l the games again.Sorry for the inconvinece.
To add the games you need to upload them to your FTP and into the games folder.Then install them thru the arcade admin features on your site.

Salamence

hmm. How did I Install games?

I have downloads one game pack from here. But when I unzip it and try to upload it it dousen't go. Waths rong?

rider

Quote from: Salamence on October 29, 2005, 09:49:37 AM

I have downloads one game pack from here. But when I unzip it and try to upload it it dousen't go. Waths rong?

You need to follow my instuctions in the post above yours and you should have no trouble.

DangerGirl

I found the solution regarding the below text.  Come to find out, the installation spelled the table wrong.  I had to have my website admin fix that.

Quote from: DangerGirl on October 20, 2005, 03:03:43 AM
Anyway, I tried to upgrade from arcade version 1.2 to 1.2.3, and while installing, Display.template.php failed.  I continued anyway, hoping, and now I get this error when going to arcade_sql.php:

SMF Arcade Install & Update tool
Install
Checking database differences
Connected and Selected Database
Finding tables... 70 tables in database
Table 'bboards.smf_games_category' doesn't exist

Edit: I uploaded 1.2.3, but the only package available to install via package manager was SMF Arcade 1.2.1.  Could this be my problem?  I'm confused I guess, it's been a long night.  :P

Salamence

Quote from: rider on October 29, 2005, 10:08:36 AM

You need to follow my instuctions in the post above yours and you should have no trouble.
I can't upload them. When I do it it com up an error "Transferd failed".

rider

Quote from: Salamence on October 30, 2005, 03:49:53 AM
Quote from: rider on October 29, 2005, 10:08:36 AM

I can't upload them. When I do it it com up an error "Transferd failed".

Give me access to your ftp and I'll see what I can do

rellik

One quick question.

Any idea when Game Pack 0 is gonna be fixed, still downloads as corrupted, and alot smaller then it should be.

Really interested in this, because it's by far the most games available.

Advertisement: