News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TedNigma

I had the same 'no flash' boggle.  Per a post here I checked the file permissions.  And sure as a bear is big they were not flagged as 'executable'.  Just wanted to let you know that the answers are here, and thanks for the help.

darthpaul

I am getting the following error when trying to install the package

An Error Has Occurred!
2: opendir(/home/darthp/public_html/forums/Packages/temp/Games) [<a href='function.opendir'>function.opendir</a>]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory
File: /home/darthp/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 949 

I tried to manually create the Games folder in temp to but its not letting me, says permission denied. Any ideas? I am using SMF 1.0.6

tL0z

I'm trying to install but it says:

2.     Executar modificação (Executing modification)    ./Themes/default/index.template.php     Falha (Failed)
3.    Executar modificação (Executing modification)   ./Sources/Subs.php    Falha (Failed)

:(

DemonicInfluence

What version of smf?

tL0z

Jay T

Go here and you will find a working package install for 1.1 rc2

http://www.smfarcade.net/index.php/topic,400.0.html

tL0z

But not all the options apear in my admin screen. I've already duplicated the arcade.english.php to arcade.portuguese.php and updated the modifications.portuguese. What do I have to do more?
And how do I put a buttom for the Arcade?

Why can't I change the permissions of the folder Games?  :o

Jay T

It will put a Arcade tab on the default theme. If you are using  different theme you will need to edit that theme manually.

Why do you need to change the permissions for the Games folder?

tL0z

To put the games inside :P
But I have created another folder.

Jay T

Quote from: ColoradoSpeed on April 05, 2006, 10:59:14 PM
I am getting these error message for each user on the board.

8: Undefined variable: game
File: /home/cfb2001/public_html/Sources/Display.php
Line: 557

this is the code for line 557

if(file_exists($modSettings['arcade_games_dir']."/".$game['game'].".".$ex)){

any clue to fix this?

What versions of SMF and the Arcade are you using?

Teknomancer

I get the following errors:

1.     Execute Modification     ./index.php     Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
6.    Extract Tree    ./getid3    
7.    Extract Tree    ./Games    
8.    Extract File    ./arcade_install.php    
9.    Extract Tree    ./Sources    
10.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Arcade.template.php    
11.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ArcadeAdmin.template.php    
12.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/gold.gif    
13.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/warning.png    
14.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/english/games.gif    
15.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Arcade.english.php    
16.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Arcade.finnish.php

I'm running SMF 1.1 RC2. I tried the 1.24b (latest package).

And I'm NOT running the default theme. But even then, why is Subs.php failing with an error?

Any help??
My SMF Forum:

Magic Toe Nail

I'm running Forum version: SMF 1.0.7
And have successfully installed SMF Arcade 1.2.3
I need to know how to install games. Is there a directory I drop them into and where can they be downloaded?

:) Thanks!

fwitt

games packs can be downloaded from http://www.smfarcade.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat2

you then upload the files in the game pack to the Games directory that was created when you installed the arcade, once in there the games will be available to install via the arcadeadmin section of your forum.

Suke

Quote from: Teknomancer on April 07, 2006, 01:27:49 AM
I get the following errors:

1.     Execute Modification     ./index.php     Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
6.    Extract Tree    ./getid3    
7.    Extract Tree    ./Games    
8.    Extract File    ./arcade_install.php    
9.    Extract Tree    ./Sources    
10.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Arcade.template.php    
11.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ArcadeAdmin.template.php    
12.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/gold.gif    
13.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/warning.png    
14.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/english/games.gif    
15.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Arcade.english.php    
16.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Arcade.finnish.php

I'm running SMF 1.1 RC2. I tried the 1.24b (latest package).

And I'm NOT running the default theme. But even then, why is Subs.php failing with an error?

Any help??

I got the same prob dude.

DemonicInfluence

Try this:

http://www.smfarcade.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item65

New version.. And also, that it because 1.24b has problem installing in rc2.. If you read a couple pages b4, you can find a 1.24b installation package for rc2....

Aquilo

HEHE! Hey I swiped an ad off the net once you see the game you'll know which one it is, but I turned it into a game - I don't know how to find out who made the ad so I don't know if I can distribute this game, and there are some more things I need to do to it since it starts right away, but I've made it hard! it may give you 5 new nuts for every 5 points you earn but I don't think any one will make it over 25 points at 30 points good luck! I don't know why the submit score button don't work right now using the code found in this thread but I don't have SMF Arcade any way! Start over works finally

Any way here is the game - let me know what you think and maybe high scoring (30>) screen shot! :D
http://www.northwindpagans.com/index.php?page=nuttyrats

softstor

I just installed this mod.  I ran the arcade_install.php file and it displayed the following:

Connected and Selected Database
Finding tables... 52 tables in database
All queries done, there were no errors

I do not see anything different in the forum.  What should I see?

houston

If you are using the default theme, you should see the word arcade along with the other words (links) near the top of the page. You should also see a link to the arcade settings in your admin panel. If you are not using the default theme you will need to manually edit the files for the theme that you are using that are modified by the arcade package. The Package Modifies the index.template.php file of the default theme and places a link to the arcade. You need to make the same modifications to the index.template.php file in the other themes that you are using as well.

JackRyan

Does anyone actually have a link to the actual download for the Arcade mod for 1.1 RC2? I've clicked on about a dozen links, and I can't find anything!

Advertisement: