News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Flash, hyperlink, insert buttons not working

Started by time2see, March 02, 2009, 03:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

time2see

Hi there.

I have installed the smf 2.0 RC1 version and have the Orext theme installed (for version 1.1.8)
All working great except when a user starts a new topic, all of the buttons cant be clicked on from Bold  right through to insert flash, Hyperlink etc.

Is this something I can fix or is it just because the theme is not compatible with this version of SMF?

would love to get this working as I realy like the theme.

karlbenson

Are there any javascript errors on the page?
If there are, it is breaking all javascript on the page. Thats probably why the bbcode buttons won't work.

Does the same issue happen in the SMF Default core theme?  if not, then its probably a theme bug, and you shoudl raise it with the theme author in the themes support topic.

SAFAD

i think you must reupload you're forum files
if this doesnt i will give you a vote to this cuz these buttons doesnt work with me as well
Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer @ Electron Inc.

Rumbaar

Yes most likely something wrong with template or js files.  Is this still and issue time2see?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Ramanathan

Well, a bit late, but I've just had the same problem, my bbc buttons were not working. Not only that, but the sections would not shrink/collapse and all sort of weird things.

I've solved my problem, after reading some topics here and touching a little on my own.

The file script.js, which is in Themes/default/scripts was modified by a mod, in my case, one for quick switching the theme. It had added a function at the end of the file which caused the buttons to stop working.

I've erased that last function and everything started working again =D. If you don't know how to edit the file, look for the script.js~ file which gets created before any modification. That ~ at the end of the file indicates that it is a backup.

Dragooon

Hello time2see, were you able to get this resolved? If not, does uploading fresh javascript files(/Themes/default/scripts) work? And does it work in default theme?

N3RVE

This Solved? Or do you require further assistance?
The fact that you installed a 1.1.x theme on a 2.0 installation explains why you've run into problems, only use mods/themes on your forum when your version is listed in the compatibility line or you'd most likely be running into problems.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Advertisement: