All forum admins should look: SMF 2.0 iPhone and iPod Touch Theme (NOW FREE!)

Started by farfromperfection, March 10, 2009, 11:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius85

Quote from: Jakobwolff on December 18, 2009, 03:25:34 PM
Ok

what should i do after the installation?

my default theme is oxygen
can you please explain your problem? ^^

Jakobwolff

When i try to see my site with this at the end of the url  : action=iphone the site looks like normal ???

Mr. Jinx

@Fabius85: Here is another small request for the next release.

Users on my forum are very happy with this theme! Because they are using it frequently they came up with this:

In the boardindex, you see those blue balls on the left indicating there are new topics in it.
However, when you go to a board with new topics, there is no indication what topics are new.
It would be nice if the new topics are also marked with a blue ball on the left!

Another request is a link/button to show the recent posts.

Fabius85

Quote from: Jakobwolff on December 20, 2009, 06:15:44 AM
When i try to see my site with this at the end of the url  : action=iphone the site looks like normal ???
open your Load.php (placed in /Sources folder) and search for
   // The theme was specified by parameter.
   if (!empty($id_theme))
      $id_theme = (int) $id_theme;
   elseif (strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'iPhone') !== false ||
strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'iPod') !== false || $_GET['action']=='iphone'){
      if((!isset($_COOKIE['noiphone'])&&$_GET['action']!='noiphone')||$_GET['action']=='iphone')
      $id_theme = 4;}

replace
      $id_theme = 4;}
with
      $id_theme = THE_ID_OF_YOUR_SMF4IPHONE_THEME;}
you can find it by moving the mouse on the link to select SMF4iPhone theme in you profile theme selection page. on the statusbar of your browser should appear something like:
http://www.yoursite.com/forum/index.php?action=theme;sa=pick;u=1;th=THE_ID_OF_YOUR_SMF4IPHONE_THEME_YOU_ARE_LOOKING_FOR

Quote from: Mr. Jinx on December 20, 2009, 08:30:46 AM
In the boardindex, you see those blue balls on the left indicating there are new topics in it.
However, when you go to a board with new topics, there is no indication what topics are new.
It would be nice if the new topics are also marked with a blue ball on the left!
there's the "new" icon on the right of topic title for that :)

on the board index, if you enabled recent posts in your admin panel, it already appears a big tab just under forum logo:
Boards | Recent Posts

kaamaru

Quote from: Fabius85 on December 18, 2009, 03:18:53 PM
Quote from: Calumks on December 18, 2009, 11:06:47 AM
I can no longer see bold font. Can you?
well i think it never showed <strong> as bold. however you can do this:
open style.css, line 3:
html{color:#000;background:#FFF;}body,div,dl,dt,dd,ul,ol,li,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,pre,code,form,fieldset,legend,input,button,textarea,p,blockquote,th,td{margin:0;padding:0;}table{border-collapse:collapse;border-spacing:0;}fieldset,img{border:0;}address,caption,cite,code,dfn,em,strong,th,var,optgroup{font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit;}del,ins{text-decoration:none;}li{list-style:none;}caption,th{text-align:left;}h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6{font-size:100%;font-weight:normal;}q:before,q:after{content:'';}abbr,acronym{border:0;font-variant:normal;}sup{vertical-align:baseline;}sub{vertical-align:baseline;}legend{color:#000;}input,button,textarea,select,optgroup,option{font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit;}input,button,textarea,select{*font-size:100%;}
remove:
strong,
that's all

to show underline style too, add this to the end of style.css:
.bbc_u
{
text-decoration: underline;
}

i'll add these changes by default in next release.

Thanks.

Jakobwolff

Quote from: Fabius85 on December 21, 2009, 03:19:35 PM
Quote from: Jakobwolff on December 20, 2009, 06:15:44 AM
open your Load.php (placed in /Sources folder) and search for
   if (!empty($id_theme))
      $id_theme = (int) $id_theme;
   elseif (strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'iPhone') !== false ||
strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'iPod') !== false || $_GET['action']=='iphone'){
      if((!isset($_COOKIE['noiphone'])&&$_GET['action']!='noiphone')||$_GET['action']=='iphone')
      $id_theme = 4;}

replace
      $id_theme = 4;}
with
      $id_theme = THE_ID_OF_YOUR_SMF4IPHONE_THEME;}
you can find it by moving the mouse on the link to select SMF4iPhone theme in you profile theme selection page. on the statusbar of your browser should appear something like:
http://www.yoursite.com/forum/index.php?action=theme;sa=pick;u=1;th=THE_ID_OF_YOUR_SMF4IPHONE_THEME_YOU_ARE_LOOKING_FOR

there's the "new" icon on the right of topic title for that :)

on the board index, if you enabled recent posts in your admin panel, it already appears a big tab just under forum logo:
Boards | Recent Posts

my Load.php only says :

if (!empty($ID_THEME))      $ID_THEME = (int) $ID_THEME;

parminder

Quote from: Mr. Jinx on December 14, 2009, 07:14:22 AM
I noticed that when you use index.php?action=iphone in a normal browser, it doesn't stay in iphone mode.
Example : hxxp:www.chelloo.com/upc/index.php?action=iphone [nonactive]
As soon as you click a link it will switch to default mode. This prevents users with other mobiles to use this theme.
same problem hxxp:www.vehleonline.com/index.php?action=iphone [nonactive]

clewis789

will this ever release for smf 1.1.11 ? or is there any other way of upgrading to version 2.0 without starting all over again ?
My Mods:

Playstation 3 Avatars - http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2150

Xbox 360 Avatars - Will be up very soon.

Nintendo Wii Avatars - Coming Soon

Fabius85

Quote from: Jakobwolff on December 22, 2009, 01:56:15 PM
my iphone theme id is 5

http://www.hpibajafan.dk/smf/index.php?action=iphone
did you installed only the theme, or also the mod? without the mod action=iphone will never work.

Quote from: clewis789 on December 23, 2009, 04:32:10 AM
will this ever release for smf 1.1.11 ? or is there any other way of upgrading to version 2.0 without starting all over again ?
i dont know if ffperfection is working (or will ever work) on a 1.1.11 version, i can tell that i'll never do. however you can easily upgrade your forum from 1.1.11 to 2.0 RC2. just download 2.0 RC2 LARGE UPGRADE from smf DOWNLOAD PAGE

kaamaru

butchs

Quote from: Jakobwolff on December 22, 2009, 01:56:15 PM
my iphone theme id is 5

http://www.hpibajafan.dk/smf/index.php?action=iphone

I had the same problem with SMF 2.0 RC2.  Plus I could not resist updating the "package-info.xml" script and fixing the undefined "i" error.  I no longer manually edit my themes because I could never remember what I did on the last version so I made the the attached unofficial mod for my copy of SMF 2.0 RC2.  It works for me but I make no promises as I do not have an iphone to test it.

I guess "theme id" should be in the Modification Settings...  Sorry I did not do that.
:o

(deleted file because it was obsolete)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

~DS~

There is a conflit between the curve mobile mod and SMF4iPhone's mod. If the Curve mobile mod is installed it will view rather than the SMF4iPhone's mod in the browser.
And there's a messed or code missing that comes with the SMF upgrade. The SMF4iPhone Mod throws a error in index.template.php
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

kaamaru

Quote from: Fabius85 on December 26, 2009, 01:08:52 PM
Quote from: Calumks on December 26, 2009, 10:29:53 AM
Anyone got this working with Maintenance Mode?
what do you mean?

If you set the forum to maintenance Mode in server settings it does not work on Smf4iphone.

Fabius85

Quote from: Calumks on December 28, 2009, 01:11:25 AM
Quote from: Fabius85 on December 26, 2009, 01:08:52 PM
Quote from: Calumks on December 26, 2009, 10:29:53 AM
Anyone got this working with Maintenance Mode?
what do you mean?

If you set the forum to maintenance Mode in server settings it does not work on Smf4iphone.
i just tried setting on the manteinance mode on my forum and i can see everything working well...

Fabius85

New release!
http://www.2shared.com/file/10296625/be32f4f2/smf4iphone_20rc2.html

QuoteCHANGELOG
======================================
28/12/2009
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- 2.0 RC2
FIX: New version of the mod, which now
     correctly adds a button to
     Switch to iPhone View and allows
     to mantain iphone cookie even on
     normal browser.
FIX: now bold and underline styles are
     correctly displayed.

about the mod...
before installing it:
1) you must first be sure to delete the changes done to the previous mod
2) you should be sure that your database parameters (login and password) are set in ADMIN PANEL > Server Settings > Database and Paths, even the ones needed to use SSI mode. if they're not set, then the stanard SMF4iPhone theme ID is used (4) and you will need to open your Load.php and set the right ID manually.

about the theme...
the only file changed is style.css, so just replace that if you already installed my previous release.

~DS~

Quote from: Fabius85 on December 28, 2009, 10:05:41 AM
New release!
http://www.2shared.com/file/10296625/be32f4f2/smf4iphone_20rc2.html

QuoteCHANGELOG
======================================
28/12/2009
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
- 2.0 RC2
FIX: New version of the mod, which now
     correctly adds a button to
     Switch to iPhone View and allows
     to mantain iphone cookie even on
     normal browser.
FIX: now bold and underline styles are
     correctly displayed.

about the mod...
before installing it:
1) you must first be sure to delete the changes done to the previous mod
2) you should be sure that your database parameters (login and password) are set in ADMIN PANEL > Server Settings > Database and Paths, even the ones needed to use SSI mode. if they're not set, then the stanard SMF4iPhone theme ID is used (4) and you will need to open your Load.php and set the right ID manually.

about the theme...
the only file changed is style.css, so just replace that if you already installed my previous release.
I am getting a error when trying to install on index.template.php for SMF4iPhone. Image attached

<span', isset($grandchildbutton['is_last']) ? ' class="last"' : '', '>', $grandchildbutton['title'], '</span>
</a>
</li>';

echo '
</ul>';
}

echo '
</li>';
}
echo '
</ul>';
}
echo '
</li>';
}

And replace with:

/* Begin SMF4iPhone Mod */

echo '
<li>
<a title="Switch to iPhone Mode" href="index.php?action=iphone">
<span>Switch to iPhone</span>
</a>
</li>';

/* End SMF4iPhone Mod */

The first code does not appear in index.template.php therefore how and where am I going to put after the first code?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

~DS~

Fabius85

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on December 28, 2009, 01:12:03 PM
The first code does not appear in index.template.php therefore how and where am I going to put after the first code?
the change to index.template.php must be applyed to the normal themes, not to iphone theme! so dont even try to do that! ^^

Advertisement: