All forum admins should look: SMF 2.0 iPhone and iPod Touch Theme (NOW FREE!)

Started by farfromperfection, March 10, 2009, 11:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

butchs

As long as you are putting "|" between the UA phrases in the admin panel it will find the string.  The mod holds the IP for 24 hours so if you failed once you will need to wait unless you have another IP to test with.   :'(
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

shed

where would i download the curve_mobile theme from?! ive set the mod to the theme but can only find the iphone theme to download  :'(

butchs

Check the themes section.  Not sure it is for RC3???
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

kaamaru

Quote from: Fabius85 on March 26, 2010, 09:00:33 PM
RC3? HERE IT IS!

DOWNLOAD package containing both Theme and Mod compatible with both RC2 and RC3.

If you encounter any error using SMF4iPhone Theme with RC3, just report it here, and i'll fix ;)

PS: Both Theme and Mod still in approval process... :'(

May I ask what changes you made to the theme? If there are too many don't bother. I can't just upgrade as I am using a heavily modified version of the original.

freerunnering

~DS~

It keep going to full site after a few hours. Only way is to clear out cache from the ACP... :(
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

freerunnering

Quote from: Calumks on April 01, 2010, 07:10:20 AM

May I ask what changes you made to the theme? If there are too many don't bother. I can't just upgrade as I am using a heavily modified version of the original.

Doesn't look like there's two many changes and the your running RC2 anyway aren't you!

:D

butchs

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on April 01, 2010, 07:43:00 AM
It keep going to full site after a few hours. Only way is to clear out cache from the ACP... :(

My guess is that it is going to the default theme set in the profile when the session expires.  The session time is set when you log in. 

Next time you log in, try going to your user profile and change the theme to the mobile theme.  See if that holds.

I am not sure that we want to force the change to the profile settings when a mobile user logs in?  What if the user does not want a mobile device as their default theme.

It may be better to use a pop-up warning message stating that the theme will switch back if they do not adjust their default profile settings?

~DS~

It's bad idea to have a timed session on the theme making it useless since it hold hold for long IMO.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

shed

Quote from: butchs on March 31, 2010, 08:26:58 PM
Check the themes section.  Not sure it is for RC3???

yes it works for RC3 but its not as nice on iphone lol

butchs

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on April 01, 2010, 09:54:32 AM
It's bad idea to have a timed session on the theme making it useless since it hold hold for long IMO.

That has nothing do with the mod.  That is what SMF is doing.  I listed options in my last post.

~DS~

butchs

Eh???  So I assume you want the mod to change the default theme that is set in the admin panel?  This is not practical.

If you are a user and you loaded the mobile theme and you like to keep it by making it your default go to "profile > modify profile > Current Theme" and change the theme.  Otherwise it will automatically reset in 24 hours.

Like I said, I am not sure if forcing this change is something we want to do with the mod.
:)

~DS~

You are right, it's not practical, but I am not gonna tell my members that. "Oh if you are seeing a default theme in the iPhone, you can change it from your profile because it reset every 24 hours." Curve mobile's mod is doing just fine without reseting every 24 hours.

butchs

freerunnering

The mod doesn't work properly!!

I want the mod to detect if the user is viewing from an iPhone and display the iPhone theme and if them view from a computer to display the computer theme.

But it seems to keep a cache of what theme the user has as the their default and then every 24 hours checks if they viewing from the iPhone or computer then saves that for 24 hours?

butchs

Dismal Shadow --> Please try running with database sessions enabled (if they are not) until we guess at what is happening and debug a solution.

Please take note that due to my own stupidity, I am writing a mod for a mobile device when I do not own a mobile device to test it with.

freerunnering  -->  That is not practical.  Did you ever watch a google bot read your site.  It switches UA constantly.  One second it is mobile the next it is not.

Plus this was discussed in detail earlier in this thread.  The iphone theme offers a means to switch to back to default.

If you still insist on a shorter time then replace "24" in "DetectFree.php" with whatever time delay you want.  I suggest keeping a minimum of "2" hours.   Still 24 is a good number.

Mr. Jinx

Small correction for the next version (not important).
If you are watching a topic that contains posts from a deleted users (shows as a guest without profile) you'll get some undefined index errors in your logs. To resolve this:

display.template.php
Find: <div class="posterinfo" onclick="window.location.href=\'', $message['member']['href'] ,'\'"><span class="name">', $message['member']['name'] ,'</span>';
if (!$message['member']['avatar']['href']) {

Replace with: <div class="posterinfo" onclick="window.location.href=\'', isset($message['member']['href']) ? $message['member']['href'] : '' ,'\'"><span class="name">', $message['member']['name'] ,'</span>';
if (!isset($message['member']['avatar']['href'])) {

menoch

I have been having an issue that when I click on "New" it doesn't always take me to the newest post but quite a few posts up from the newest one.  Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Fabius85

Quote from: menoch on April 04, 2010, 12:19:20 PM
I have been having an issue that when I click on "New" it doesn't always take me to the newest post but quite a few posts up from the newest one.  Is there anything that can be done to fix this?
"new" button (even in ALL other themes) takes you to the newst post you didnt read, not to the last post of the theme.
it says "now", not "last" ;)

ps: we're working on a better way to manage session and cookies.

Advertisement: