News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ultimate Profile

Started by JovanT, March 12, 2009, 12:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbsothere

Well, Sabre™, I thought that would sort it... but I placed the edit:

global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $modSettings, $txt, $db_prefix, $ID_MEMBER, $user_profile, $user_info;

Then I uploaded the file to Themes/default, cleared my errors, clicked on my profile and generated the same error.   :-\

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Sabre™

Strange.
Is that edit made to both your ultimateprofile.template and your themes profile.template? Some users will use UP, and some wont, so the call will fall on both templates depending.
If so, could you attach your UP template please :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

gbsothere

Quote from: Sabre™ on June 03, 2010, 08:42:43 PM
Strange.
Is that edit made to both your ultimateprofile.template and your themes profile.template? Some users will use UP, and some wont, so the call will fall on both templates depending.
If so, could you attach your UP template please :)

I'll go you one better...   I'll attach both templates.   :)

The errors began after the edits made from this post:

HERE ON THIS SAME THREAD

The "user info" error went away, after adding $user_info to the string, but the "Undefined index: id" error now replaces it.

Thanks so much for checking the files.
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

Kmam

Quote from: Sabre™ on June 03, 2010, 07:46:45 PM
@ gbsothere

Add $user_profile to the string

function template_summary2()
{
   global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $modSettings, $txt, $db_prefix, $ID_MEMBER, $user_info, $user_profile;

its calling for it in this line
if ( !empty($user_profile[$user_info['id']]['show_online']) || $context['user']
Ok just so I dont break nothing. is the file profile.template.php and do I delete where you say its calling for it in this line and put in the other?

Kmam

wrong post lol sorry guys

Kmam

Quote from: Yağız... on June 03, 2010, 11:02:33 AM
Quote from: Kmam on June 03, 2010, 02:22:18 AM
Great mod. But I have one prob..... When i installed this mod my smf trade rate mod stopped working. The type of forum i have i really need both mods to be working. Is there a way to do that? I am running SMF 1.1.11
Mod link please :)
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1114 There you go :)

Quote from: gbsothere on June 03, 2010, 07:36:32 AM
Quote from: Yağız... on June 03, 2010, 12:44:02 AM
Find this:
function up_block_user_info() {
    global $context, $txt, $settings;

Replace with:
function up_block_user_info() {
    global $context, $txt, $settings, $user_info;

Was that meant for me on the error thing? (SMF 1.1.11, default).  I've searched high and low, Yağız, but I just can't find this string anywhere in the file.  I've even searched for only portions of it, but I'm coming up empty.

The only thing similar I find is this:

function template_summary2()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $modSettings, $txt, $db_prefix,$ID_MEMBER;

:-\

EDIT:  I just downloaded the current zip for 1.x and I see that my version is a bit earlier.  It's in the current file.  Can the old one (0.9) be edited without my having to do a complete upgrade?  (I'd rather avoid the upgrade because JovanT helped me to place several custom edits in the template early on, that I would like to keep.)
Ah, then replace the code you've gave with that:
   global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $modSettings, $txt, $db_prefix, $ID_MEMBER, $user_info;

Sabre™

lol
@ gbsothere
To be honest, and to state only "My" opinion, that mod just takes an unnecessary route.
All difficulties could be removed with a shorter basic string.

So remove
      if ( !empty($user_profile[$user_info['id']]['show_online']) || $context['user']['is_admin'] )

and replace it with
     if ($context['user']['is_owner'] && $context['user']['is_admin'])

also remove $user_info and $user_profile from the global setting, it's just wasted space.
See if that works for you.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

gbsothere

@ Sabre™

That clinched it!  I'm grinning like a cow chewing ice.   ;D

Thanks so much, the functionality is still there, but the errors have ridden off into the sunset. 

I really appreciate it!

Sabre™

My pleasure mate :)
Remember that string for anything else you'd like the same function for.
I'd just remove that mod personally, and only use that string.
Glad to have been of service mate :) , leave the beers with my concubines and I'll drink em in the morn :D

gbsothere

Quote from: Sabre™ on June 03, 2010, 09:53:10 PM
My pleasure mate :)
Remember that string for anything else you'd like the same function for.
I'd just remove that mod personally, and only use that string.
Glad to have been of service mate :) , leave the beers with my concubines and I'll drink em in the morn :D

Done!  If you hear a loud beeping, it's just the delivery truck backing up.  ;)

Kmam

Ok im sorry again... the trade rating system is working I just overlooked it. The problem now is my members dont have a referral link. I need to get them back if it is doable

Sabre™

See if [THIS] old post is of any use to you.

Kmam

Quote from: Sabre™ on June 04, 2010, 12:17:38 AM
See if [THIS] old post is of any use to you.
I get this error   Fatal error: Call to undefined function chatOnlineUsers() in /home2/mycashfr/public_html/mycashfreebieforum/Sources/Load.php(1733) : eval()'d code on line 290

Sabre™

And that error wasn't around before hand?
That error is to do with the Ajax Chat mod.
So either it was around before, or you have inserted code incorrectly.

Kmam

Quote from: Sabre™ on June 04, 2010, 09:47:25 AM
And that error wasn't around before hand?
That error is to do with the Ajax Chat mod.
So either it was around before, or you have inserted code incorrectly.

I had the error some time ago and reloaded a new load.php file. It fixed it. But this time a new load.php is not working. Before I loaded the new load.php file i got an error can not redefine referral...... cant remember all of it

Sabre™

The "can not redefine referral..." error means there was duplicate code.
Uninstall Ajax chat 'clean' so all of its code is removed, then reinstall it. That should fix your issue.
If there are other issues with that mod, or the same one continues, then post in that mods support thread where people familiar with its code will be able to help.

Kmam

Quote from: Sabre™ on June 04, 2010, 09:57:38 AM
The "can not redefine referral..." error means there was duplicate code.
Uninstall Ajax chat 'clean' so all of its code is removed, then reinstall it. That should fix your issue.
If there are other issues with that mod, or the same one continues, then post in that mods support thread where people familiar with its code will be able to help.
Well cant get into nothing on the forum. Where abouts do i delete the ajax chat files?

Sabre™

.... post in that mods support thread where people familiar with its code will be able to help.

Kmam

Quote from: Sabre™ on June 04, 2010, 10:24:10 AM
.... post in that mods support thread where people familiar with its code will be able to help.
Ok got the forum back up. Now when i try to install the referral_ultimate_profile mod i get

Execute Code   install_1-1.php   
2.   Execute Modification   ./index.php   Test successful
3.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Load.php   Test failed
4.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Profile.php   Test successful
5.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Register.php   Test successful
6.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Stats.php   Test successful
7.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Display.template.php   Test successful
8.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/UltimateProfile.template.php   Test failed
9.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Register.template.php   Test successful
10.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Stats.template.php   Test failed
11.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Xml.template.php   Test failed

sbt

Can anyone help with this please?  We have 1.1.11.
Personal Text in profile summary is not showing.
The box is there to write the personal text and it has the words personal text, but in summary it shows nothing.

Looks like this:

Should be this:

Have searched all files that this mod edited. Have searched all files on server for personal text and all match what was in the smf zip for installing smf.

On posts, on left below avatar it does put the personal text if added. But does not show on summary like it should.
In profile:

In Posts:

Thank You for any replies.

Advertisement: