Ultimate Profile

Started by JovanT, March 12, 2009, 12:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JovanT

@DonnaMarie
You should install this table fix as a package. It will modify your database so that Ultimate Profile and Profile Comments mod can work properly.

DonnaMarie

Jovan thank you sooo much!

DonnaMarie

One thing that Is still not working. The buddies list is now gone. I also do not see a way to add people to your buddy list. How do I correct that?

JovanT

Run this migration tool. Just unpack this archive, upload migrate_buddies.php and open it with your web browser.

DonnaMarie

I will sound silly here but just upload it as I did the other package?

JovanT

No :). You should unpack the archive and upload migrate_buddies.php to your forum root (e.g. the folder with SSI.php). Then run the script (open www.yoursite.com/forum_path/migrate_buddies.php)

DonnaMarie

LOL good thing I asked :)
I am completely dumb when it comes to this stuff. I am not quite sure I will figure it out. I will attempt it :)

septa/njt rider

Quote from: JovanT on July 15, 2009, 02:16:42 PM
Big news everyone! Ultimate Profile 0.9 for SMF 2.0RC1.2 is finally here! Take a look at mod's page.
YUSH!!!!! I'm downloading now, thanks man, thanks a bundle!!

gbsothere

Jovan, if you hit the thread again this evening, could you give an answer to these two questions?  (SMF 1.1.9, Default)

1.)  "How can I make all my buddy pictures the same size?"

2.)  "Is it possible to show the member's blog submissions?"

Are there any modifications I can do to 1.) reduce the buddy photo size and 2.) allow users' blogs to be mentioned in their profiles?

Thanks!

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

JovanT

Quote from: gbsothere on July 15, 2009, 07:25:02 PM
1.)  "How can I make all my buddy pictures the same size?"
Are you referring to profile pictures or avatars?

Quote from: gbsothere on July 15, 2009, 07:25:02 PM
2.)  "Is it possible to show the member's blog submissions?"
Can you give me the link to the blog mod you are using?

gbsothere

Thanks, JovanT!

For the Buddies, I mean the avatars that show up when they're added to your profile (accepting their request).  I've just installed the mod and even with just the three that I've accepted, I can see that it won't be long before they'll dominate that area.  If I could restrict them, somehow, to about half their size, that would be a tremendous help.

This is the link to the blog mod.  I'm using the 0_8_1 beta.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1209

Thanks so much!

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

Mr_Lon

Thanks Here Too!

I have it up and running just fine on my site with SMF2 RC1.

I do have one thing that I don't care for.....
There is a "Contact Me :) " that shows your email address. I don't like that simply because of spammers or anybody getting your email.

Is there a Mod to change this?

Lon

Mr_Lon

Better idea

What can I do to take the "Contact Me :)" option and email link out of my Ultimate Profile?

Lon

gbsothere

Mr_Lon, I don't have SMF2 RC1; I have 1.1.9, but one of my posters PMd me complaining about this, stating that she'd chosen in her profile to hide her email address.  I knew that I'd be able to see it because I'm the Admin and she could see it because it was her profile, but I wasn't sure about the others, so I created a test account (newbie) and logged in and checked her profile.  It shows as "hidden" when I view it as a regular poster.

Have you tried that?

ETA:   For everyone on my forum who has chosen in their profile to keep their email address hidden, only I and that particular poster can actually see the address.   :)

Mr_Lon

Mr_Lon, I don't have SMF2 RC1; I have 1.1.9, but one of my posters PMd me complaining about this, stating that she'd chosen in her profile to hide her email address.  I knew that I'd be able to see it because I'm the Admin and she could see it because it was her profile, but I wasn't sure about the others, so I created a test account (newbie) and logged in and checked her profile.  It shows as "hidden" when I view it as a regular poster.

That sounds good but I can't find it?

Lon

gbsothere

Quote from: Mr_Lon on July 15, 2009, 10:16:35 PM
That sounds good but I don't see an option to hide the email address in the profile anywhere?

Lon

In 1.1.9, the user goes into his or her profile, then to Modify Profile, then to Account Related Settings and there is a box to check next to "Hide Email Address From Public".  I'm not sure where it would be in your version, Lon, but, if you don't see it, someone on the support thread for your version can point you in the right direction.   :)

Mr_Lon

That sounds good and I have done it and it now shows "hidden".
The other problem with this is it is now not shown in the "MEMBERS" list. Some members want there email button in the members list......

I think that I would like to completely take that option out of my Ultimate Profile pages. Or just show an email icon like in the members list in RC1.

Lon

gbsothere

I guess Jovan will let you know if it can be taken out of the Ultimate Profile display, Lon, but on my forum, in Admin----> Permissions  I have it set for regular members to not be able to see the Members List.  (But I'm lazy.)    :)

DonnaMarie

Quote from: JovanT on July 15, 2009, 07:08:55 PM
No :). You should unpack the archive and upload migrate_buddies.php to your forum root (e.g. the folder with SSI.php). Then run the script (open www.yoursite.com/forum_path/migrate_buddies.php)
I tried and my host tech tried and no luck. Can anyone help me?

Dzonny

Hello there.

I have this mod installed, and when someone view my profile, my pictures looks like this:

Why there is a blank space right of pictures, and some pictures aren't shown before you go to album. Can this been fixed somehow? I want my pictures to show, and no blankspace...

Regards,

Advertisement: