News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ultimate Profile

Started by JovanT, March 12, 2009, 12:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbsothere

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

swan

Thanks will check it out now.

appreciate the reply x

gbsothere

Please note, in addition to my post (4 post counts away from this one):

Both members are showing up as pending in each other's Edit Buddies list, but they can't modify this, because they've each been told that the other is already a buddy and, as I said before, they are not. 

Thanks!

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

Yağız...

gbsothere

Hi, and thanks, Yağız!

I did just run it, but it didn't seem to change things.  You see, neither of these members were on each other's buddy list before installing Ultimate Profile and I've never had any previous versions of the mod.  I just asked them to check their Edit Buddy section and, although each appears there as pending (but not on the Buddy List, despite each being told that the other is already a Buddy) there is no option on the Edit Buddy list except to delete each other.  There is no option to approve. 

I'm just stumped....    :(

tyty1234

Quote from: gbsothere on July 23, 2009, 07:48:26 AM
Quote from: tyty1234 on July 23, 2009, 12:58:38 AM
gbsothere, would you do me a favor?

Look in your members table in your database, go to that members id, and tell me what you have in the buddies column for that member.

As for that link you provided, it could be referring to an old version of Ultimate Profile, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't conflict or has anything to do with your situation.

Thanks!

The members in question are ID #3 and ID #15. 

The first screenshot is the buddies column for #3:

And this one is the buddies column for #15:

Neither of them have the other in common.  But they do have #6 in common.... 

As for that link I mentioned...  I guess I was thinking that the poster was saying that the first link was from the old profile's buddy function and that installing Ultimate Profile had changed that link, but I see what you mean. 

It felt good for a moment, to wake up thinking I'd hit on something, but I'm back to total ignorance.   :)

ETA:  I know it's far-fetched, but I wonder if they both remove #6 from their lists, if they would be able to add each other?   Yes.... far-fetched.   *grin*  I think I'll get my hat and pipe and go walk through the park and mull it over. 

You can try delete the 6 from both members (3 and 15), and see if that works. What you could also try is delete all the buddies from 3, and then try adding 15 to 3, and 3 to 15.

Quote from: Ehemm on July 23, 2009, 01:14:16 AM

Quote from: JovanT on July 10, 2009, 04:23:38 PM

The database.php file is a standalone script and should be executed during installation. You can extract this file from the zip file, and upload it to your SMF root folder and point your browser to it. (e.g. http://yoursmfsite.com/database.php) Try this and tell us your reports.

i've got this error :
Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_query() in F:\xampp\htdocs\forum\database.php on line 11

Well...the only other option I can think of is uninstalling Ultimate Profile, then delete the tables that are used by Ultimate Profile in phpMyAdmin. (What is phpMyAdmin?)

After that, then reinstall Ultimate Profile and see if that works...
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

gbsothere

Thanks, tyty1234!

I've been mulling deleting #6 all day (a very chatty little girl named Meg who will freak....*grin*....)  just to see if, somehow, this is the issue. If that doesn't work, I'll see if your second suggestion works.

Thanks, again.   :)

gbsothere

Follow-Up:

I went into the database and to the smf_members table and removed the sweet but troublesome #6 from both #3 and #15's buddy lists.  I also removed them from hers and, while I was at it, I opened the smf_buddies table and removed all pending and accepted requests involving those three posters. 

I am now told by #3 that her fresh invitation to #15 has gone off without a hitch.  I've told #6 to sit tight and let them invite her when they have secured each other as buddies. 

All is quiet on the farm.    *grin*

My issue is symbolically marked "solved".....  unless #6 makes trouble again.    :)

tyty1234

I'm glad to here that gbsothere! :)
If anything comes up, just let us know! ;)

chaky!

Quote from: Ehemm on July 23, 2009, 01:14:16 AM

The database.php file is a standalone script and should be executed during installation. You can extract this file from the zip file, and upload it to your SMF root folder and point your browser to it. (e.g. http://yoursmfsite.com/database.php) Try this and tell us your reports.

i've got this error :
Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_query() in F:\xampp\htdocs\forum\database.php on line 11

me too...

database.php file is in the main folder.. also i try to put it in

forum/Packages/Temp (this folder is where package manager unzip the mod)

in both cases i receive the same error..

any ideas?

@Ehemm: you try it only on localhost?

1stAngel

@kingkingston and @mrtrc266

Awesome, thank you both very much!  I will let the members know :)

JovanT

@Ehemm
Which version of SMF are you using? Which UP package are you trying to install?
The error you are experiencing is really odd. It looks like you are trying to install UP for SMF 1.1 on SMF 2.0.

Ehemm

Quote from: Ehemm on July 22, 2009, 07:20:50 AM
Quote from: chaky! on July 10, 2009, 08:12:50 PM
@chaky!
Can you describe your problem a little closer?

Well... after install this beta realease (i realized that on my DB are not new tables or columns) Obviously the mod doesnt work..

for example, this are some errors

"Table 'xxx_smf.smf_profile_pictures' doesn't exist
File: /home/xxxx/public_html/Sources/Profile-View.php
Line: 163 "

"Table 'xxx_smf.smf_profile_pictures' doesn't exist
File: /home/xxxx/public_html/Sources/Profile-Pictures.php
Line: 785 " 

I try to do a manual installation but i dont undestand database.php file..

If you can tell me wich are the new tables and columns i will apriciated..

Regards

ps: sorry for my english

same problem here with SMF 2.0 RC1-2
still waiting for the real deal ...
thanks

Quote from: JovanT on July 25, 2009, 07:20:08 PM
@Ehemm
Which version of SMF are you using? Which UP package are you trying to install?
The error you are experiencing is really odd. It looks like you are trying to install UP for SMF 1.1 on SMF 2.0.
i've posted before ... :(

chaky!

well... after reinstalling the modification i went to look for the missing tables on mysql,

really doesnt exist... i want to create this manually but i dont now wich i have to made...

Can you export your DB on .sql and post here? (only structure not "insert into")

thanks for your help ;)

pd: im talking about  2.0 RC1-2 version

tyty1234

I attached a couple of files, only one of two you will need. The "ult-profile_profile_pictures.php" file will create the missing table automatically without having to go into phpMyAdmin. This file needs to be copied to the root folder of your SMF installation. Once copied, you need to locate your browser to "http://www.yoursmfsite.com/ult-profile_profile_pictures.php" and it will add the table automatically. If you see a blank page, this is normal. It still should add the missing table. Should this method fail, use the sql file to install the missing table.

If you would like to do it manually, then you would want the "ult-profile_profile_pictures.sql" file. You will need to import this into phpMyAdmin using the import tab. Locate the file on your computer and then click on "Go".

Hopefully this helps everyone who is missing the "profile_pictures" table in their database. :)

The attachments are in this post.

chaky!

Thank you tity!

Obviously the problem is that, missings tables, but no just need that one..

now its asking me for smf_profile_comments..

I really apreciated your effort...

this are the missings tables.. can you give me sql sintax for this tables?
profile_comments
picture_comments
profile_albums
buddies

Thanks!

ps: sorry for my english

tyty1234

Thanks for that info chaky! :)

I re-attached the sql file, and instead I grabbed the "database.php" file from the mod package since that has all the tables that are associated with Ultimate Profile.

The file "database.php" needs to be copied to the root folder of your SMF installation. Once copied, you need to locate your browser to "http://www.yoursmfsite.com/database.php" and it should add the table automatically. If you see a blank page, this is normal. It still should add the missing table. Should this method fail, use the sql file to install the missing table.

You will need to import the "ult-profile_tablefix.sql" file into phpMyAdmin using the import tab. Locate the file on your computer and then click on "Go". This sql file assumes your $db_prefix is "smf_". If your $db_prefix is not "smf_" please let me know.

Again, you only need one of the two files. :)

chaky!

tyty1234 works perfect!

thank you very much ;)

tyty1234

No problem!

I did forget to mention one thing though. For your profile_pictures table, can you check to make sure AUTO_INCREMENT is 0 (zero)? If not, go to the Operations tab, and there should be a field to set the AUTO_INCREMENT field. Once you see it, change it 0, and then save the structure. :)

chaky!

auto_increment is enable after upload a testimage its on 2, i change it to 0, then click con save and not change, stills in 2..

Im going to drop the table and create this again..

Thanks!

ps: for now is working but.. wich is the problem with autoincrement?

Advertisement: