Ultimate Profile

Started by JovanT, March 12, 2009, 12:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gothiccruise

Quote from: Yağız... on July 21, 2009, 04:30:05 PM
Install the table fix package.

Where do I put the tablefix files at?  sources?

gbsothere

Quote from: gothiccruise on August 12, 2009, 11:14:02 PM
Where do I put the tablefix files at?  sources?

I just happened to see this as I'm logging off for the night.  Open the zip and in the folder, there is the database.php file.  Put it in your forum's root directory and point your browser to it. 

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

JovanT

You don't have to do it. Just install table_fix.zip as any other modification.

gbsothere

Why do I always do everything the hard way?   :D
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

videoh1

Quote from: gbsothere on August 13, 2009, 10:19:00 AM
Why do I always do everything the hard way?   :D

That's what she said?

Also figured out the problem.
prepareDBSettingContext($config_vars);
}?>
function ModifyUltProfileSettings($return_config = false)
{
global $txt, $scripturl, $context, $settings, $sc;

loadLanguage('UltimateProfile');

$config_vars = array(
array('check', 'profile_enable_all'),
'',
array('check', 'profile_enable_pictures'),
array('text', 'profile_pictures_path'),
array('text', 'profile_pictures_url'),
array('int', 'profile_pictures_number'),
array('int', 'profile_pictures_width'),
'',
array('check', 'profile_allow_customize'),
array('check', 'profile_allow_mediabox'),
);

if ($return_config)
return $config_vars;

// Saving?
if (isset($_GET['save']))
{
checkSession();

saveDBSettings($config_vars);

writeLog();
redirectexit('action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=ultprofile');
}

$context['post_url'] = $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=modsettings;save;sa=ultprofile';
$context['settings_title'] = $txt['ultimate_profile'];

prepareDBSettingContext($config_vars);
}

The ?> needs to go on the end, and I guess on the install it missed that.
These are not the droids you are looking for...

gbsothere

@ videoh1

I've done that before; had a missing ?> at the end of a file and spent days before realizing it.

Got it all sorted out, then?   

Good to hear!   :)

videoh1

@ gbsothere

Yup. Kind-of feel stupid now that I didn't notice that before. Beginners mistake I guess. lol
These are not the droids you are looking for...

Encore127

Still need help with my problem. . _ .

Well since I couldn't get into ultimate profile since the buttons didn't show I had to use a different method (Used ?action=profile;u=1;sa=customized).

Yet when I get to Ultimate profile setting there seems to be no text.

And when I activate it.

There seems to be no text. Help would be appreciated.

gbsothere

Encore127, I found your post [HERE] but I've missed which version of SMF you're using.  It looks like the default theme? 

If you installed manually, did you open the Ultimate Profile folder and move the files from its Sources folder to your forum's Sources folder and the ones from its Default folder (including Languages) into your Themes (and Languages) directory?  Also, did you run the database.php file in the zip?

(I'm sorry for asking, but you mentioned parsing, so I had to ask.)    :)

Encore127

I tried installing manually and using the package manager. The SMF version I'm using is 1.1.10. Thanks for responding. x.x

gbsothere

Quote from: Encore127 on August 13, 2009, 08:12:29 PM
I tried installing manually and using the package manager. The SMF version I'm using is 1.1.10. Thanks for responding. x.x

I'm going to take that as a "yes"; you did move those files from the Ultimate Profile folder to your forum's Sources and Themes directories.  Right?   :D

Was the zip you downloaded ultimate_profile-0-9_20rc1.zip or ultimate_profile_0-9.zip? 

Encore127

ultimate_profile_0-9.zip.

gbsothere

Quote from: Encore127 on August 13, 2009, 08:19:48 PM
ultimate_profile_0-9.zip.

Would you mind attaching your ModSettings.php?

Encore127

gbsothere

TurtleKicker

gbsothere

@ Encore127

It looks fine to me.   ???

And, as you say, installing through the package manager gave you success on all the file tests.  It also would have placed the files included in the zip where they needed to go and would have created tables in your database. 

*sigh*

I'm stumped. 

What other mods do you have?

@sremick

I have zCommunity and Ultimate Profile doesn't have any effect on it.  It doesn't show a poster's blogs in their profile but that's because zCommunity, itself, doesn't.  It would have to be modded to do that before Ultiimate Profile would show it.

As for your other mods, I had difficulty installing Ultimate Profile for a long time because of mods.  What I did was set aside all the files that Ultimate Profile and my other mods had in common with all the necessary manual Ultimate Profile edits included in them.  Then I installed Ultimate Profile with clean files (from the SMF zip) and after it was installed, I reuploaded those edited files.  I just prepared all that ahead of time. I had a folder on my desktop with all the edited files ready to go.  I uploaded the fresh files, then, after a successful installation (using the package manager), quickly uploaded the edited files.

However, I'm an overly cautious person and, even though that worked perfectly for me, you may not wish to go to all that trouble.   :)

Encore127

1.     Ultimate Profile      0.9       [ Uninstall ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
2.    TinyPortal    1.083    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    SMF Gallery Lite    1.8.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    SMF Staff Page    1.6    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    Are You Human? Anti-Bot Registration Check    1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio    6.9.100    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Those are all I have installed. I've tried to use it on a new forum without mods installed and still got the same results.

gbsothere

Quote from: Encore127 on August 13, 2009, 09:23:07 PM
1.     Ultimate Profile      0.9       [ Uninstall ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
2.    TinyPortal    1.083    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    SMF Gallery Lite    1.8.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    SMF Staff Page    1.6    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    Are You Human? Anti-Bot Registration Check    1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio    6.9.100    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Those are all I have installed. I've tried to use it on a new forum without mods installed and still got the same results.

Really?  You put it on a fresh forum via the package manager and still got the results in the screenshots you provided? 

I'm completely stumped but I'm going to be watching for what the solution turns out to be.  I don't know anything about portals and wondered if that might have something to do with it but it's going to take one of the Pros to come by and explain what's going on. 

I'm sorry I was no help.   :(

Encore127

This may be a guess but it might be caused by mod_security on my site. Can anyone give me detailed information on what it does? It'd be appreciated. =]

Advertisement: