News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ultimate Profile

Started by JovanT, March 12, 2009, 12:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbsothere

Did you go to each membergroup to set permissions and check, "Edit Ultimate Profile" (own profile)?
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

jmil

Yep Everone is checked - To be Honest - Since this is a custom Theme and i NEVER use the Buddy list as I am the admin I never really looked at it!

I have a test account (admin) for you if you want to take a gander?

gbsothere

Quote from: jmil on September 25, 2009, 07:31:38 PM
Yep Everone is checked - To be Honest - Since this is a custom Theme and i NEVER use the Buddy list as I am the admin I never really looked at it!

I have a test account (admin) for you if you want to take a gander?

Aha!  A custom theme!   Those files have to be parsed as well.   Sure, PM me the log in details and also, what is the name of your theme?

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

SilverKnight

There needs to be support for: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1734 and http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1161

They both need to have fields in "Contact me" part of the profile.

jmil

NOPE LOL - I just cleaned my cache like 10 times and NOW I HAVE IT!!!!!

WOW NICE JOB GBSOTHERE!!

This is why I like Simple Machines and the group here!

gbsothere

So your custom theme's files got parsed, then. 

Good deal! 

Go forth and be dangerous.   :D

jmil

LMAO - Yea I did those files but I really Messed the Modsettings LOL.

You were great and now my girlfriend says get the He>> off the computer!

I obey!!

casty23

I installed it into 1.1.10 and inside the ultimate profile tab is missing from the admin panel where I can set ultimate profile settings for the board.    If I manually enter the link in the address bar of my url it shows up but its not naturally there.

Unfortunately I can't use it because when i go into the permissions for each membergroup it doesn't have ultimate profile in that section to check or uncheck.

Any thoughts on whats going on?

gbsothere

Quote from: casty23 on September 25, 2009, 11:15:34 PM
I installed it into 1.1.10 and inside the ultimate profile tab is missing from the admin panel where I can set ultimate profile settings for the board.    If I manually enter the link in the address bar of my url it shows up but its not naturally there.

Unfortunately I can't use it because when i go into the permissions for each membergroup it doesn't have ultimate profile in that section to check or uncheck.

Any thoughts on whats going on?

Which zip of Ultimate Profile did you download?  Did you use the package manager to install and, if you did, did you get any errors or failed tests?   Are you using a custom theme and can you attach your ModSettings.php file?

casty23

I downloaded the .9 zip,  the first one.  I used the package manager and didn't get any errors or failed tests.   I am using a custom theme and only have one other mod on this forum.   And I've tested the mod on all my other forums on 2 different other themes and it worked ok.  So maybe its not working on the particular theme?

I attched my modsettings file.  If you think its modsettings I could just copy the file from my other forums where it works?

gbsothere

The one you attached wasn't parsed.   :)

Try this one first and, if you get an error, let me know, because a couple of places look a bit odd to me and I'll send up an alternative if this one doesn't work.

For your custom theme... Did you parse that theme's Profile.template.php file and did you open the Ultimate Profile zip and move the files from the Themes/default folder inside to your custom theme's folder (and the same with the language files)?

gbsothere

@ casty23

I'm going to shuffle off to bed (old man) but here's the alternate ModSettings.php attached.  It's sure to work if the first one doesn't.

Also, just make sure you edit your custom theme's Profile.template.php file and move Ultiimate Profiles theme and language files (found in the zip, in the Themes folder) to your theme's directory and theme/languages folder.

:)

casty23

I never had to move files on installations with my other forums.  I did have to delete the custom theme profile file though on my other forums to get it to work fully.

The problem isn't getting it to work here though.  I can see it in my profile cause im the admin and because I could get the ultimate profile tab section in the admin area to show up by entering the url manually.  However I can't change the permissions individually for membergroups because its not showing up in my admin panel. 

casty23

I should have replied on a monday cause this thread got buried under the weekend. 

LC

I installed a new theme on a 1.1.10 forum and parsed the files but the theme's style is over-riding any customization done on a member profile. Is there something I am not doing correctly? There is not a profile.template.php file in the custom theme. The only files that I can see that ultimate profile uses have been changed using the parse method. I even carried over the files from the default theme to the custom theme's folder with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

casty23

I had to delete the profile template file inside my custom template folder to get it working on my other templates ladychaos.

My problem hasn't been solved here though even after copying the sources files from my other forums where it did work. Must be something to do with this particular theme.

tyty1234

Quote from: LadyChaos on September 29, 2009, 10:48:17 PM
I installed a new theme on a 1.1.10 forum and parsed the files but the theme's style is over-riding any customization done on a member profile. Is there something I am not doing correctly? There is not a profile.template.php file in the custom theme. The only files that I can see that ultimate profile uses have been changed using the parse method. I even carried over the files from the default theme to the custom theme's folder with no luck.

If the css styles are right in the user's customization area, then it should work. Can you give us a link to one of your user's profile?
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

LC

Quote from: casty23 on September 30, 2009, 12:34:20 PM
I had to delete the profile template file inside my custom template folder to get it working on my other templates ladychaos.

My problem hasn't been solved here though even after copying the sources files from my other forums where it did work. Must be something to do with this particular theme.
I am thinking so Casty. The two other themes I tested worked fine with no issues with UP.

Quote from: tyty1234 on September 30, 2009, 12:56:20 PM

If the css styles are right in the user's customization area, then it should work. Can you give us a link to one of your user's profile?
http://www.ladychaosdnb.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=14

You can see the background for the profile (customized) behind the background of the theme. On previous themes the custom background for the profile is not blocked behind the forum's background.

DaBrute

This failed when i tried to uninstall

3.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ModSettings.php     Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test failed

tyty1234

Quote from: LadyChaos on September 30, 2009, 01:57:05 PM
Quote from: tyty1234 on September 30, 2009, 12:56:20 PM

http://www.ladychaosdnb.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=14

You can see the background for the profile (customized) behind the background of the theme. On previous themes the custom background for the profile is not blocked behind the forum's background.
The user's background image appears fine to me. At least for the theme I am seeing. What themes is this affecting?
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

Advertisement: