News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ultimate Profile

Started by JovanT, March 12, 2009, 12:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triforceguy11

what files would I need to check out?

gbsothere

Quote from: triforceguy11 on November 24, 2009, 04:50:00 AM
what files would I need to check out?

Just go to this link:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1675

And set the radio button for the very first zip file, ultimate_profile_0-9.zip.  (It's very important that this is the zip file you tried to install.  If you tried to install the second zip file, ultimate_profile-0-9_20rc1.zip, then this is why you're having trouble, and you will need to uninstall that and use the first one.)

If you installed the first one, then set the radio button for the first zip and use the pull-down menu to 1.1.10 and click Parse.  There, you will see the files you need to check and the codes to find and to place. 

You'll need a good text editor. 

If you run into problems and need to attach the files here, I can take a look at them for you.  I'll be out for a while today but if I return and no one else has, I'll check them.
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Legend.

Hi guys,

I installed this mod and im still trying it out...its a lovely mod

how can i make custom profile fields appear? I'd want to sync it with the Custom Profile Fields. currently testing it on smf 1.1.10

*****-- -- -- No to DICTATORSHIP, do it the Google way: DON'T BE EVIL -- -- --*****

Ban me too, for all I care

gbsothere

@ Legend

Is the second post on this thread something that might be useful?

http://dev.turanjanin.net/forum/index.php/topic,19.0.html
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

Legend.

That did it mate!!

I hadn't given it enough thought :)

Thanks a bunch mate.

*****-- -- -- No to DICTATORSHIP, do it the Google way: DON'T BE EVIL -- -- --*****

gbsothere

Quote from: Legend. on November 25, 2009, 08:10:51 AM
That did it mate!!

I hadn't given it enough thought :)

Thanks a bunch mate.

Quexinos

Quote from: gbsothere on November 23, 2009, 05:05:56 PM
Quote from: MATTEK on November 23, 2009, 04:43:21 PM
Does this work with RC2?

It will. 
Yağız is working on it and is close to having it done.   :)

ahh thanks, I was about to ask if I can install it on 1.2, but I guess I'll just wait for now.  This mod looks great, I can't wait to try it out.

Yağız...

Update! :)

I just finished coding the mod for SMF 2.0 RC2, and now I'm packaging the mod, when I finish this step, I'll submit it to Jovan, and he will try to update it as soon as possible.

smldmr

Ah! Excellent news :) Thanks for this mod.

Afro

we  are waiting for the release, thanks

Yağız...

A 'little' picture from profile summary :)

I sent the package to JovanT.

Afro

cool, so its working now ?

Yağız...

Nope, it will work when JovanT updates the mod.

Legend.

I am still giving this a good run before i put on my site.

Just wondering...

in the admin section i chose for every member to use the ultimate profile mod right. Now a user who chooses for his photos to be seen only by his buddies, will be disappointed as it seems anyone can view them. [what could be wrong here?]

I'm running smf 1.1.10.

Thanks

gbsothere

Quote from: Legend. on November 28, 2009, 02:06:10 PM
I am still giving this a good run before i put on my site.

Just wondering...

in the admin section i chose for every member to use the ultimate profile mod right. Now a user who chooses for his photos to be seen only by his buddies, will be disappointed as it seems anyone can view them. [what could be wrong here?]

I'm running smf 1.1.10.

Thanks

Have you tried choosing in your own profile to only allow your buddies to see your pics, then creating a newbie test account and logging in with it to see if the newbie can go to your profile and see your pics?

(I just ask, because an admin can see anyone's pics, regardless of their settings.)

Legend.

Oh...its really not working mate. I had done that already but decided to give it yet another shot and still, users can access a member's photos even when he wants them shown just to his buddies :(

gbsothere

Hmmm...   I just tested this on my 1.1.10 site and my newbie account can't see my pics.  I can't think why it's working for me, but not for you.  Hopefully, someone else will weigh in on this and, in the meantime, I'll play around with my settings and see if I can replicate non-buddies seeing my pics.

Edit:  Just wondering, Legend... do you use a custom theme and, if you do, did you place Ultimate Profiles template files (the ones in the zip) in that theme's directory (the package manager already places them in default's directory)?  I'm talking about Buddies.template.php, ProfilePictures.template.php and UltimateProfile.template.php.

Legend.

I had not.

I just put them in my custom theme's directory and still...nothing. I am the admin and i set it so that only my buddies can comment and see my photos. but newbies can still do both!

polio

I am running smf 1.10 with the babylon theme and I know that other people have posted an issue with the pending buddy list with this mod, but I can't find the solution to the issue.

I am new to the forum and the site and I have everything else exactly how I want it but this puzzles me. My pending buddies remain missing. PLEASE someone if you have a code to fix this please help me. I'm getting desperate here and vbulletin is just too expensive for me.

It would also be nice to find out how to integrate flashchat directly onto my page in the lower frame. Thats something else I've been fighting with.

Paul

Yağız...

Here is the new version of Ultimate Profile for SMF 2.0 RC2 version. You can download the attached file and install via package manager. (Jovan will try to update the mod as soon as possible, for now you can download the mod from this post)

If you find any bugs, you can post them here, and I'll try to update as soon as possible.

Advertisement: