News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ultimate Profile

Started by JovanT, March 12, 2009, 12:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatrickPriest

Is there a way to add a feature to Report Comments to Moderators?

JovanT

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on March 15, 2010, 05:04:28 PM
Since this was updated to RC3 in the Mod site, what's the changelogs?
- fixed issue with avatars not showing in user's buddy list
- better support for custom fields
- two new language strings for better understanding of simple permissions

mrtrc266

just installed the version for RC3. Everything seems to work fine but I have a problem adding comment to members profile.

When I add a comment it stop on a white page and just hangs there, even refresh wont take me back to the profile. I have to go back and the post comment does not take.

Screen shot attached

rlh2006

1up Forum is running RC1.2. We tried to do an upgrade to RC3, but one of the problems was that ALL of the user's profiles reset. In other words, each user would have to re customize their profile again. Of course, I could personally spend two or three agonizing days doing it one as the admin ---is there some way to preserve the user's custom profiles when we upgrade? Help.

As one person has commented to me about this problem,

"Only problem as I said before will be the preservation of the current data in
         mods like ultimate profile. I have a very bad feeling that there will be no way
         to preserve the data but we will see."

What solution is there to this? Please. This is just about the only thing holding us up from upgrading to RC3.
368 Urban Terror avatars for your site or forum.
The avatars pack is 11.6 mbs. Direct free download for the avatars pack is right here: urt_avatars.zip This avatar pack is 1up Clan's way of contributing to both the Urban Terror gaming community and the Simple Machines community. Due to the size of the pack, SMF has not approved it.

mrtrc266

I have upgraded MANY times since 8.5 and have NEVER lost any data. I dont believe that it drops any table in the database when you uninstall, then reinstall to a current version.

rlh2006

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 16, 2010, 09:08:52 PM
I have upgraded MANY times since 8.5 and have NEVER lost any data. I dont believe that it drops any table in the database when you uninstall, then reinstall to a current version.

Okay then. We shall c how it goes. All I am waiting on now is the build of a custom theme. Hopefully all will go well sometime next week. Then I will return to this thread and post what happened, good or bad.
368 Urban Terror avatars for your site or forum.
The avatars pack is 11.6 mbs. Direct free download for the avatars pack is right here: urt_avatars.zip This avatar pack is 1up Clan's way of contributing to both the Urban Terror gaming community and the Simple Machines community. Due to the size of the pack, SMF has not approved it.

JovanT

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 16, 2010, 08:33:26 PM
just installed the version for RC3. Everything seems to work fine but I have a problem adding comment to members profile.

When I add a comment it stop on a white page and just hangs there, even refresh wont take me back to the profile. I have to go back and the post comment does not take.

Screen shot attached

Do you have AEVA mod installed?

LC

Mod works ok on my RC3 forum except for the fact that it won't render CSS customization.  ???

Perhaps it did not change a file where it should have. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

All permissions are set, no difference. No errors in the log either.

mrtrc266

Quote from: JovanT on March 17, 2010, 10:50:46 AM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 16, 2010, 08:33:26 PM

Screen shot attached

As a matter of fact I do

Cruiser57

Hello,
The 0.9-Version works fine to me, except a little Problem...
In the Media-Field of my Ultimate-Profile,  I try to add a Flash-Video with a own player from the HP.
Looks like that:
   <object id="player" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" name="player" width="400" height="315">
      <param name="movie" value="player.swf" />
      <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
      <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
      <param name="flashvars" value="file=video.flv&image=preview.jpg" />
      <embed
         type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
         id="player2"
         name="player2"
         src="player.swf"
         width="400"
         height="315"
         allowscriptaccess="always"
         allowfullscreen="true"
         flashvars="file=video.flv&image=preview.jpg"
      />
   </object>

Well, the Media-Box  changes the "&"  to  "&amp;"  and also the Class-Id gets a denied: after the " for each time, I save the Profile...
Looks classid="denied:denied:denic:clsid:D2   after 3 save

That doesn't bother the Firefox,  but makes the Script unusable to the Internet-Explorer. (The object works fine, if directly used in HTML-Pages)
(The Media-Box looses also some JAVA-Script commands ?!?!?)

Is the any workaround or solution for that ?

Thanks for any hint,
Tom

[unplugged]

I have installed this on RC3 with no problems at all. The CSS works as expected. I used

<style>
body {background:red;}
</style>

just as a test and it works fine. Also, comments work fine for me and I have Aeva installed. Just thought I would point these out in hopes of helping to keep a great mod great.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Chas Large

Hi JovanT,

I have just updated an SMF 2 RC-2 forum with the mod file ultimate_profile-0-9-1_20rc2.zip from the mod site downloaded today. I uninstalled 0-9 that was working OK before then installed this new version.

Here are some interesting problems with this.

1. The fix for Buddies Uploaded Avatars is not in that file, they are still not showing. Search of the newly updated profile.view.php file shows there are still two instances of  "attachmentType" present. Manually editing them fixes it.

2. The profile fields are now extending to the right of the forum as seen in the attachment. Is there some change that has been made in 0-9-1 that has caused this problem

My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

JovanT

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 18, 2010, 01:18:32 AM
As a matter of fact I do
One user also had this problem - blank page on posting comments. It occurs both on profile and picture comments. The solution was to comment (surround with /* and  */) or delete parts that are calling AEVA's functions. I tried to reproduce this problem with the newest AEVA media modification but I had no luck - everything working great. Please upgrade AEVA and see if that helps. If that doesn't work, just comment out AEVA parts located in Profile-Actions.php and Profile-Pictures.php. If you can't find it, let me know and I will help you.

Quote from: LC on March 17, 2010, 06:35:23 PM
Mod works ok on my RC3 forum except for the fact that it won't render CSS customization.  ???
Can you paste example of your CSS code here? As SunKing said, you have to enclose your CSS with <style> and </style> tags.

Quote from: Cruiser57 on March 18, 2010, 08:04:17 AM
Hello,
In the Media-Field of my Ultimate-Profile,  I try to add a Flash-Video with a own player from the HP.

Well, the Media-Box  changes the "&"  to  "&amp;"  and also the Class-Id gets a denied: after the " for each time, I save the Profile...
Looks classid="denied:denied:denic:clsid:D2   after 3 save

Ultimate Profile uses htmLawed to filter any potentially malicious HTML codes. Also, JavaScript isn't allowed for security reasons. This embed code probably uses some tags/attributes that are not white-listed. I guess this class can be changed to accept those.

@Chas Large
The file ultimate_profile-0-9-1_20rc2.zip is old and is not updated. The version that contains fixes I've listed above is ultimate_profile-0-9-1_20rc3.zip. If you are using older version, you will have to fix those bugs manually.
HTML in UltimateProfile.template.php is cleaned up in 0.9.1. However, the problems you are experiencing are strange. Are those present on every profile?

Chas Large

Quote from: JovanT on March 18, 2010, 02:28:04 PM
.. snipped..
@Chas Large
The file ultimate_profile-0-9-1_20rc2.zip is old and is not updated. The version that contains fixes I've listed above is ultimate_profile-0-9-1_20rc3.zip. If you are using older version, you will have to fix those bugs manually.
HTML in UltimateProfile.template.php is cleaned up in 0.9.1. However, the problems you are experiencing are strange. Are those present on every profile?
OK, understood. Have replaced the two instances and buddies avatars are OK now. The problem with the extending profile is only present with members who have many images in their profile pictures. As you can see on the attachment, several of the images are repeated and this seems to be why the width is extended. Members with 6 or more images suffer from this problem. It's not present in the RC-3 profiles, tested in another test forum.

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Chas Large

Quote from: Chas Large on March 18, 2010, 05:12:43 PM
.. snipped..
@Chas Large
OK, understood. Have replaced the two instances and buddies avatars are OK now. The problem with the extending profile is only present with members who have many images in their profile pictures. As you can see on the attachment, several of the images are repeated and this seems to be why the width is extended. Members with 6 or more images suffer from this problem. It's not present in the RC-3 profiles, tested in another test forum.
Right, problem solved. When I uninstalled 0.9 and installed 0.9.1 the previous install could not have been completed correctly, despite the message to say it was, as a lot of the code was still there. I followed the manual install instructions, found all the code in the profile.view.php, removed it and then added the code as it should be. All is now well.

LC

Quote from: LC on March 17, 2010, 06:35:23 PM
Can you paste example of your CSS code here? As SunKing said, you have to enclose your CSS with <style> and </style> tags.
Quote from: SunKing on March 18, 2010, 09:37:32 AM
I have installed this on RC3 with no problems at all. The CSS works as expected. I used

<style>
body {background:red;}
</style>

just as a test and it works fine. Also, comments work fine for me and I have Aeva installed. Just thought I would point these out in hopes of helping to keep a great mod great.
Yea, that worked, adding the style tags that is. The only reason I didn't have them in there before is because a previous version of this mod automatically rendered the style tags.

Cruiser57

Quote from: Cruiser57 on March 18, 2010, 08:04:17 AM
Hello,
In the Media-Field of my Ultimate-Profile,  I try to add a Flash-Video with a own player from the HP.

Well, the Media-Box  changes the "&"  to  "&amp;"  and also the Class-Id gets a denied: after the " for each time, I save the Profile...
Looks classid="denied:denied:denic:clsid:D2   after 3 save

Ultimate Profile uses htmLawed to filter any potentially malicious HTML codes. Also, JavaScript isn't allowed for security reasons. This embed code probably uses some tags/attributes that are not white-listed. I guess this class can be changed to accept those.

That looks interesting. At least I now understand what happens.  I took a look a the Source, but I don't understand (or did'nt) find the Place, where to White-List it.

By now I found out about the &amp...  but I don't understand the White-Listing for clsid ?!?!

Thanks for any hint...

Tom

mrtrc266

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 18, 2010, 01:18:32 AM
As a matter of fact I do
One user also had this problem - blank page on posting comments. It occurs both on profile and picture comments. The solution was to comment (surround with /* and  */) or delete parts that are calling AEVA's functions. I tried to reproduce this problem with the newest AEVA media modification but I had no luck - everything working great. Please upgrade AEVA and see if that helps. If that doesn't work, just comment out AEVA parts located in Profile-Actions.php and Profile-Pictures.php. If you can't find it, let me know and I will help you.

I'm using AEVA 1.1a and I commented out in the files that you mentioned and still get the same error. Thank you for your help on this.

Scratch that, it really helps if I save the file before I upload it LMAO! Thanks for you help.

BTW is any feature for functionality lost by commenting those out?

JovanT

Yes, AEVA won't work in your comments.

Today, I finally released UP 0.9.1 for SMF 1.1.x. Features are same as in 2.0RC3 version. Enjoy! ;)

~DS~

Ummm...The "Add Comment" should be under the "Comment"
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Advertisement: