News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ultimate Profile

Started by JovanT, March 12, 2009, 12:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfDrDenis

I like ultimate, but I dont see a way to add a buddie  :'( First I think I made a mistake and so I install it on a fresh 2.0RC3 forum without any mod

With ultimate no way to add buddie, without its going. For better understand my crazy english I attach the screen pic.

Anybody any idea?

Neverhurry

Quote from: ProfDrDenis on April 06, 2010, 11:40:28 AM
I like ultimate, but I dont see a way to add a buddie  :'( First I think I made a mistake and so I install it on a fresh 2.0RC3 forum without any mod

With ultimate no way to add buddie, without its going. For better understand my crazy english I attach the screen pic.

Anybody any idea?

I had the same problem...  :(  that is why i don't use this mod, though it is very useful.
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

keytor69

I have just installed a New copy of 2.0 RC3 and then installed Ultimate Profile 2.0 RC3 but when I go to modification settings > Ultimate profile . all I can see are the variables, nothing to tell me what the tickboxes do or paths change. All I see is 2 tick boxes, 4 text boxes, a drop down box and then another 2 tickboxes.

Scratching my Head

You are using a custom theme, right?

You'll have to modify: /Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

Go here:  http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1675

Look for: Manual Install Instructions for SMF    (on the right hand side)

Then look for the changes you need to do.

TurtleKicker

I did notice an issue that if you have buddies already using the standard SMF buddy system, upon installing Ultimate Profile they will not appear as UP buddies, but you will not be able to add them either. I had to manually go into the database via phpMyAdmin and clean out the old buddy data, then I was able to add buddies in UP simply by going to their profile.

Could still use help on my question from the previous page. ;)

ProfDrDenis

@ Scratching my Head

you talk with me? To change the language file is the first way what I do. But look the pics this not the point

@ Sremick

I dont have any buddie. The point is no way to add a buddie, see the pics

Scratching my Head

Quote from: Scratching my Head on April 09, 2010, 12:16:41 PM
You are using a custom theme, right?

You'll have to modify: /Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

Go here:  http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1675

Look for: Manual Install Instructions for SMF    (on the right hand side)

Then look for the changes you need to do.

Quote from: ProfDrDenis on April 09, 2010, 03:00:13 PM
@ Scratching my Head

you talk with me?

Nope. Talking with keytor69:

Quote from: keytor69 on April 09, 2010, 09:05:25 AM
I have just installed a New copy of 2.0 RC3 and then installed Ultimate Profile 2.0 RC3 but when I go to modification settings > Ultimate profile . all I can see are the variables, nothing to tell me what the tickboxes do or paths change. All I see is 2 tick boxes, 4 text boxes, a drop down box and then another 2 tickboxes.

But there is solution for buddy problem.

ProfDrDenis

sorry i think its my english  :'(

I hope anybody can help with the buddy problem

gbsothere

Quote from: ProfDrDenis on April 09, 2010, 03:19:35 PM
sorry i think its my english  :'(

I hope anybody can help with the buddy problem

ProfDrDenis, I'm not sure about your version, but I would think that it would be similar to 2.0 RC1.2.  If that's the case, then have you first gone to admin--->configuration----> features and options----> general and made sure that "enable buddy lists" is checked?  You must do that first.  Then, you just click on a member's name and in his or her profile find the "Add To Buddy List" link and click that.  That member will be sent a PM announcing that you wish to add him or her and if he or she approves then each of you will appear on the other's buddy list.  You might wish to create a newbie test account and then, using your admin account, go to that "newbie's" user name, then profile and click that link.  Then log in with the newbie account and see if you have a PM announcing that you (the admin) wishes to add the newbie to your buddy list.  As the newbie, click the link in your PM, then approve the request. The admin should then show up in the newbie's buddy list, and if you log back in as the admin, the newbie should show up in the admin's buddy list.

Have you tried all this?   :)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

lc62003

That all works for me.  Just getting errors.   :-\

Scratching my Head

There's a work-around for the buddy problem, I had the same thing happen on my forum, but the development
website is down, and no telling when it will be back up. It has a FAQ and it's very useful.

All we can do is wait for the mod author to pop back in here. He'll be back. He's a good guy.

Search this topic for this problem. It's archived somewhere.

ProfDrDenis

Quote from: gbsothere on April 09, 2010, 05:25:09 PM

my version is 2.0RC3 and I had done. But this is not the point, look my pics. The buddie option is not there

gbsothere

Quote from: ProfDrDenis on April 10, 2010, 06:04:49 AM
Quote from: gbsothere on April 09, 2010, 05:25:09 PM

my version is 2.0RC3 and I had done. But this is not the point, look my pics. The buddie option is not there

Forgive my misunderstanding;  I just made an assumption that you hadn't enabled Buddy Lists in your Features settings (which would cause the option not to be present).  I'm sorry I couldn't help.  I'm sure JovanT or Yagiz (or someone else) will check this thread soon and will be able to assist.

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

ProfDrDenis

no problem life goes on but better with this mod  ;D

Yağız...

Sorry for the late answers. I can't answer every question poster here, sorry for that :) (if I missed any question, please re-post them)

For adding buddy issue, add your buddies from members' profile page.

For old SMF buddies, there is a migration tool but I can't find it. You can search in this and the old topics. (only for SMF 1.1.x, doesn't work on SMF 2.x)

ProfDrDenis

Quote from: Yağız... on April 10, 2010, 11:07:15 AM

ok, this is working. But is this the correct way?

Yağız...

Quote from: ProfDrDenis on April 10, 2010, 11:56:20 AM
Quote from: Yağız... on April 10, 2010, 11:07:15 AM

ok, this is working. But is this the correct way?
Yes :)

ProfDrDenis

Quote from: Yağız... on April 10, 2010, 12:15:59 PM

you cant change?

In a normal profil without Ultimate you add a buddie very simpel. I think, I hope for you its a small deal to put this inside the mod. Or?

Yağız...

Quote from: ProfDrDenis on April 10, 2010, 04:27:45 PM
Quote from: Yağız... on April 10, 2010, 12:15:59 PM

you cant change?

In a normal profil without Ultimate you add a buddie very simpel. I think, I hope for you its a small deal to put this inside the mod. Or?
Yes, I shall remove it. Because when you add buddies from there, it doesn't add to _buddies table. But maybe I can restore it :)

ProfDrDenis

yeah, let us know. Thanks

Advertisement: