News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Board Sort Methods

Started by drhamad, March 12, 2009, 12:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joker™

worked like a charm ;D . thanks alot
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Since John had fixed this :smf_" part, I recompiled it as BSM_RC3.1 and attached it here for others.

Buraaq

Heya!

Sounds like a great mod; cant get it working though :/

I downloaded the BSM 2.0.1, but the tests fail before installing it.

QuoteError in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

I created a backup and installed it anyway, but the following error then showed up:
QuoteTable 'dastakd1_smfcsc.boards' doesn't exist
File: /home/dastakd1/public_html/cscf/Packages/temp/BoardSortMethods_2-0-1/boardsortmethods2.php
Line: 13

How do I fix it; any idea guys?  :-[

Thanks a bunch!

Buraaq

Oh my bad; didn't notice Rc3.1 was out too.

However, Rc 3.1 above also gave the same warning; that installation tests failed. I continued anyway, but this time the other error of table didn't occure. The mod installed "successfully". but I cant re order my boards...where do I do that from? =S In my Admin > Config > Modifications settings nothing new is showing up either..

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Buraaq on September 12, 2010, 07:40:32 AM
Oh my bad; didn't notice Rc3.1 was out too.

However, Rc 3.1 above also gave the same warning; that installation tests failed. I continued anyway, but this time the other error of table didn't occure. The mod installed "successfully". but I cant re order my boards...where do I do that from? =S In my Admin > Config > Modifications settings nothing new is showing up either..

Which files failed?
Those files will need manual edits for that file, all the edits.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Buraaq

./Sources/Subs-Boards.php

the test on this file failed.

Right below this file, there is one last test which says " Execute Code   boardsortmethods2.php". There is no "Description" for this though. Test failed, test successful, skipping file. Nothing of that sort is written here

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Execute code, I imagine this would have been successful, no worries their, I don't think so anyway.
Subs-Boards.php.
Please could you find the post with the attachment, so I can run it through a parser and see the required edits, then I can help you make those manual edits.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Buraaq

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on September 12, 2010, 11:19:27 AM
Please could you find the post with the attachment, so I can run it through a parser and see the required edits, then I can help you make those manual edits.

the post on the other forum with attachment index.template.php? I have that file saved with me now, attaching it here.

or were you talking about some other post?  :-\

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

huh, the post actually had the mod package attached...

SMF 2.0 RC5

bunch

I downloaded
Board Sort Methods     RC3.1
Board Sort Methods    RC3.o

When I go to install I get this message
"Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF. "

Here is the error;

6.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/Load.php     Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Sources/Load.php    Test failed
      2.    Add After    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful

I hope someone understand this and can help me out.
Thank you

OOPS, my bad this conflicted with "antibumper" so when I uninstalled antibumper it worked fine.
Thank you

Krysia

I get this error:
QuoteType   Action   Description
   1.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/MessageIndex.php   Test successful
   2.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManageBoards.php   Test successful
   3.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php   Test failed
   1.   Add After   ./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php   Test failed
   4.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php   Test successful...

Does this mean that I would just need to code the mod by hand for the ManageBoards.template.php file?

Krysia

Quote from: ahrasis on August 04, 2010, 05:57:44 PM
Since John had fixed this :smf_" part, I recompiled it as BSM_RC3.1 and attached it here for others.
Hm. Nevermind. Used that one and no error messages appeared. Perhaps it should be the one available via the mod page?

Oya

that needs the mod author to do it...

colby2152

I take it that this mod is not supported under RC 3.0?
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

Melissa524

Will this mod be updated for 4.0? 
In case, I forget to say.  I am using 2.0.2

Eudemon

Quote from: ahrasis on August 04, 2010, 05:57:44 PM

thx a lot for the upgrade

Quote from: Melissa524 on November 05, 2010, 12:20:21 PM
Will this mod be updated for 4.0?

it's compatible with 4.0

hardcore_f

The mod is flawed.

I'm also looking into another possible flaw, but have not tracked down if it is this mod or one of the others I have installed.

Arantor

And what is the flaw, exactly?

hardcore_f

an error in the logic for installing the mod, just looking at it , it will cause a problem with un-installing it......

Advertisement: