How we are going to advertise ApplianceJunk.com offline.

Started by ApplianceJunk, March 13, 2009, 03:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ApplianceJunk

Updated our voice mail message to say...

We have also placed this ad in three local papers.

APPLIANCEJUNK.COM
Do-It-Yourself Appliance Repair
Save money and learn how to repair it yourself online at ApplianceJunk.com, it's free!

We also got our name in the local paper when we sponsored some computer classes at the library.

QuoteComputer Use Classes Scheduled at the Library
Free computer classes will be offered at the Grant County Library beginning Tuesday, April 21, from 1 to 3 p.m.  The classes are sponsored by ApplianceJunk.com. To register call the Grand County Library at .....

I did not teach the classes myself, but the person that did asked me for some advice and if they could use our site as a example of how a forum worked. After talking a bit with her she offered to place our .com name in the paper in exchange for the advice I gave her.

My advice is always free, but what ever.... :)

I hope some of these examples of how we are advertising our .com offline is helpful and gives you some of your own idea's.

I have found the biggest obstacle in pormoting our .com offline is getting off my butt and away from the computer.

You can read all you want about how to promote your website offline, but unless you take action and do it none of it works. :)

patrick6411

I own www.houstonjunkcar.com I would be very interested in exchanging links with you. I run ads in my local papers and always include my website. This has built my traffic fairly well for me.

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: patrick6411 on April 27, 2009, 12:19:54 AM
I own www.houstonjunkcar.com I would be very interested in exchanging links with you. I run ads in my local papers and always include my website. This has built my traffic fairly well for me.

Hi patrick6411,

We don't do link exchanges, sorry.

ApplianceJunk

Did you know you can get custom ATM cards?

This is something you can do free of charge online at Wells Fargo.

Sample of what our ApplianceJunk.com card will look like.

ArkServer

I have javaforums.net (now http://www.engineeringserver.com/forum/index.php ) set as a default page on a few universities that teaches programming (not done by me ofcourse but teachers there that i have contact with) . It generates an ok amount of visitors so you might try that. I like how you are advertising your site and it gives me plenty of ideas. keep up the good stuff!

LiroyvH

I could do that with my Master Card but they told me it could not be promo material :(
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Dzonny

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: CoreISP on May 02, 2009, 02:06:11 PM
I could do that with my Master Card but they told me it could not be promo material :(

Hmm, I may run into the same problem then. Time will tell.
Said it would take a day or two to approve it and then another 3-5 day's to get it after that.

ApplianceJunk

The other day I called my cell service provider to see what caller ID options I had.

They told me they could make the caller id display anything I wanted. :)

I asked that it be changed to display ApplianceJunk.com, she tried to change it but said only ApplianceJunk would fit and asked if I wanted it changed to that.

I said no at the time and left it at that. Then after thinking about it some more I know that I have seen caller id's on my phone come up that were longer than ApplianceJunk.com

So today I called back and this time the customer service lady had no problem changing it to ApplianceJunk.com :)

I use my cell phone for personal use too and I'm pretty sure at this point my friends and family members all know about my site. But I think it will look good when I call to talk with our affiliates, renew newspaper ads, etc...

Anyone else have there .com displayed on caller id?

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: CoreISP on May 02, 2009, 02:06:11 PM

Thought maybe I would run into this problem too, but I just got this email from my bank. :)

QuoteYour card design customization has been approved.

Jade Elizabeth

Dude I found like 100 sites that bulk customised pens REALLY CHEAP!!! I'm so happy!! Bye VistaPrint :D.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

alex30

Well then why not to post these sites and share with us?

Uhura!

:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

ApplianceJunk

Hope some of these idea's are helpful.

Guess I got lucky on getting a image of our site on my ATM card.
After getting the first card I tried it again with the same bank, but on a different checking account.

This time they would not approve the design because it displayed a URL, lol... :)

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: alex30 on May 20, 2009, 12:47:21 PM
Well then why not to post these sites and share with us?

Lol.. Okay, click here (sorry, couldnt resist LOL). No for real, I was just searching through them. I havent chosen yet :).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Uhura!

I did the google thing...By far Vista Print is THE best.

Just keepin' it real.
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Jade Elizabeth

ApplianceJunk

Picked up another vehicle this last week and of coarse I had to put our .com in the rear window. :)

ApplianceJunk

Update: We had a new logo designed for our site.

A few day's ago we starting using our new logo to promote our site offline.

http://cafepress.com/appliancejunk

I feel our new logo was worth every cent and will help brand us.

Advertisement: