News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Inquiring About Upgrades in 2.0

Started by tk2012, March 17, 2009, 11:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tk2012

When I had my 1.1.7 forum, I could go from the Admin panel to click a link to upload the patch to newer versions. 

1)  Is this function not available in 2.0 due to it not being an actual finished product, yet?

2)  Once 2.0 goes to full release, will the patch updates be available once more or will we have to continue to do full upgrades?

I'm asking this because currently, when a new release of 2.0 is released, everyone has to reinstall all of their mods again, correct?  Or, am I just missing something and I've been reinstalling mods when a patch could have been uploaded instead.

Tyrsson

Once the RC1 goes final then yes there will be a link in the admincp. The reason (as best I know) is that since there are many changes from one version of the 2.x to the next at this point is the reason why the mods must be dealt with as the code they changed may no longer be present or may have changed a lot in the new release.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Advertisement: