News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Highlight Reader Name (NOW FOR RC3)

Started by Marcus Forsberg, March 19, 2009, 11:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcus Forsberg

Highlight Reader Name v1.1.1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author: Nas      Versions: 2.0 RC3     Available since: March 17 '09     Latest version: 1.1.1 (Mars 16 '10)

Introduction
This mod highlights the name of the person reading a post, if their name is mentioned. To change the way names are highlighted, there is a setting in the administration panel.

shadow82x

Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

randommaker

Hey I found a spelling mistake
you said "whit" instead of "with"!

hhy89

thanx Nas ;D

turkish
// Mark Reader Name by Nas
$txt['namemarking'] = 'Geliştirilmiş Aynı Ad <div class="smalltext">Okuyucunun adını icerisine alan html veya bbc kodu kullanarak gelistirebilirsin. isimleri goruntuleyebilmek icin {name} kodunu kullanın.</div>';
Seo4Smf 2.0 - Full Top10 Stats(full top10) - Aligned and Bilateral Child Boards(2li 3lü alt bölümler)
http://www.smfmod.com
http://destek.smfmod.com

Marcus Forsberg

Thanks guys.
Ah I always misspell "with". Thanks. :P

And thanks for the turkish translation.

hhy89

Seo4Smf 2.0 - Full Top10 Stats(full top10) - Aligned and Bilateral Child Boards(2li 3lü alt bölümler)
http://www.smfmod.com
http://destek.smfmod.com

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

This should pretty much match the text used in english :)

Code (Modifications.finnish.php) Select

$txt['namemarking'] = 'Korosta Lukijan Nimi <div class="smalltext">Määrittelee kuinka lukijan nimi korostetaan viesteissä. Voit käyttää HTML- ja/tai BBC-koodeja. {name} näyttää lukijan nimen.</div>';

;)
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

C4G-TK

I was wondering if this mod overrides BB codes from the actual post?

If the poster makes the post and it has your name in RED, but you have the mod to make the name appear GREEN, which will it show when you read it?

-img removed-

Marcus Forsberg

I have no idea, C4G-TK! It's worth to test that one. :P

C4G-TK

After looking at the settings in your example for the BOLD and GREEN, I thought to myself... hmmm.. what if it already had a color, was underlined, or had other bb codes being used.

(I haven't installed this yet or I would tell you what happens.  I am just now creating my next forum, so I have no members other than my one admin account anyway.  If you don't test it, I'll let you know when I make another member profile and install the mod.)

-img removed-

Marcus Forsberg

If it's bolded in the post and the marking set by admin is italic, it will be both italic and bold. (Like this[/i]). But if its red in the post and green in the makring I dont know.

Galedon

ok - i found a bug:

Quote doesn´t work:

Zitat von: Galedon link=topic=6873.msg65583#msg65583 date=1237472115

^^

DeviDarkL

Great mod ;)

Here is Portuguese_PT translation:
</file>
<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
$txt['namemarking'] = 'Marcar Nome do Membro que está a ler <div class="smalltext">Como é que o nome do leitor vai ser marcado nos posts? Em HTML e/ou em formato BBC. Usar {name} para mostrar o nome do leitor.</div>';

]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Marcus Forsberg

Sorry for the delay.

Thanks, Galedon, looking in to it.

And thanks for translation, DeviDarkL!

magarto

Yes, quote does not work.

Twenty6

yes how do we solve that problem
whitout the quote it is working but if you use quot than you get this:
Admin link=topic=2.msg2#msg2 date=1241180018

Özgür

Nas,
Are you think add topic title support for {name}?
So Long

C4G-TK

This mod is breaking links for the [img] tags.  For information on what is happening, please read this thread:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=316989.msg2109907#msg2109907

In short, if someone posts a link from somewhere like photobucket and has the same name/user account as the forum account, it inserts the GLOW and COLOR attributes into the link and breaks the URL.

I had a handful of people on my forum complaining that they could not see the images that they were linking, but could see images posted by other people.  After reviewing the page source of my account vs. their account, I noticed that this is what it was doing.  It is explained in full detail in my reply #12 in the above thread.

BTW- using RC1-1 on default!

-img removed-

Marcus Forsberg

Thanks for letting me know, C4G-TK.
I'll try to figure out a good way to make sure it doesn't break quotes, images, links and similar.

@[Daydreamer], will do when I find a fix for the above bug. :)

Marcus Forsberg

Changelog
1.1.0.1 | August 29 2009
* Now supports SMF 2.0 RC1.2

saosangmo

thank for your very nice mod, hope you fix this issue soon!

Quote from: Galedon on March 24, 2009, 08:25:01 AM
ok - i found a bug:

Quote doesn´t work:

^^

Marcus Forsberg

Changelog
1.1.0.2 | November 14 2009
* Now supports SMF 2.0 RC2

saosangmo

hi Nas,
have you fixed bug with name in title of quote?

Marcus Forsberg

No, I'm afraid not. I haven't figured out any good work around yet.

Eclipse16V

ok - i found a bug:

Quote doesn´t work:

^^

Any news?
I like this Mod
Please fix the bug.

Thanks
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Eclipse16V

Nice Mod

Please update it for SMF 2.0RC3  ;)

Thanks
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Marcus Forsberg

Confirmed to be working on RC3. It didn't even take any edits.
I have however edited the files a bit to change the name of the mod. Instead of 'Mark Reader name' it's now 'Highlight Reader Name' which sounds better.

Edit: The bug with quote tags remains, however. I will be looking into it after the release of SimpleDesk.

Eclipse16V

Quote from: Eclipse16V on February 26, 2010, 03:58:25 AM
ok - i found a bug:

Quote doesn´t work:

^^

Any news?
I like this Mod
Please fix the bug.

Thanks

Any News?
Please
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

LHW

Nas: There seems to be a slight issue with the /me tag.  I have my highlight set to this:

[b][color=green]{name}[/color][/b]

If I type in:

QuoteLHW is testing something...

It'll return:

QuoteLHW is testing something...

However, if I type in:

/me is testing something...

It'll return:

Quote* [b LHW[/b]]is testing something...

EDIT: Also, it doesn't appear to work on the ?action=recent page at all.

Thamar

Found a small bug in your mod, actually one of my users did by accident.
If you post a link/img that contains your username, the mod also highlights the username in the url...

mabley

This mod said there is a place in the admin panel to select some options.  Where now?

danielwmoore

Installed it for 2.0.1.  It installed without errors, but there is no place in the admin panel to set the options.  A little help here?

Also, I believe if you're going to get rid of the bugs that cause link and quote problems, the replacement needs to be done when the message is parsed for BBC, not just "replace all in message" as it is doing now. 

I'll subscribe to this topic to see if cσσкιє мσηѕтєя gets it fixed.  In the mean time, I'll just wait it out.  I've got too many other pans in the fire to do it myself.

I'll uninstall.  Can't handle the bugs, and certainly can't handle there not being a place in admin to set options when installing on 2.0.1.  This mod needs updating,

performer189

this need to be setup or what ? i don;t know to use it :)

Advertisement: