News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[solved] package manager problem since 1.0.2

Started by robo47, March 09, 2005, 03:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robo47

i have updated my board to 1.0.2 via the smf_1-0-2_update.zip but after upgrading my package-manager became a bit of "not working" :P
when i now go to the package manager and go to "download new packages" and click on Browse after a server, i am redirected to the sites, i dont have anymore the ability to just download a mod and install it, is it a bug? a feature? or did i do somtehing wrong?

Forum version: SMF 1.0.2 (more detailed)
Current SMF version: SMF 1.0.2
PHP version: 4.3.10
MySQL version: 4.0.18
Server version: Apache/2.0.49 (Linux/SuSE)
GD version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
PHPINFO: http://www.robo47.net/info.php

thx already

robo47

robo47

hmm seems to be a problem on the server, i tested a clean install on the server -> same problem
tested a clean install on my local xampp and it worked like it should.

anybody an idea why?

robo47

// In safe mode or on lycos?  Try this URL. (includes package-list for informational purposes ;).)
if (@get_cfg_var('safe_mode') || @ini_get('safe_mode'))
redirectexit($url . '/index.php?package-list&language=' . $context['user']['language'] . '&ref=' . $boardurl, false);

These Lines make the problem.
because you can set php-values via on and off and not only 0 and 1, seems to be a bug, which can happen very often and the phpinfo showed me off for safe_mode but debbugging the code, i found out that the if only checks for bool-values not for on or off.

mfg
robo47

[Unknown]

From the PHP manual:

When querying boolean values:  A boolean ini value of off will be returned as an empty string or "0" while a boolean ini value of on will be returned as "1".

http://www.php.net/ini_get

However, get_cfg_var is old code that probably shouldn't even be used anymore.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: