News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Database Error!

Started by ahmadtrco, March 30, 2009, 05:01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahmadtrco

continuesly we are receiving mail as fallows
There has been a problem with the database!

This is a notice email to let you know that SMF could not connect to the database, contact your host if this continues.

we have checked with server and tested no problem on server side and SMF is working properly

but still receiving this mail notice

our SMF version is SMF 2.0 Beta 3 Public and i have tried 2 RC1 also but same problem

please advise how we can solve this problem?

webmaster
www.hazratsultanbahu.com/forum

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Does this happen frequently, or has this happened just once or twice?
If this happens a lot, then does it seem to happen always at the same time of day?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

ahmadtrco

this happen frequently
but in different time but receiving numbers of notice mails

ahmadtrco

Any one can help me in this matter?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It basically means your forum lost connection to your database, while doing something.
Do you have a lot of mods installed, and is the database running on the same machine as the forum itself (So, is your database connection localhost) or on another server somewhere?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

ahmadtrco

I have changed webmaster email address in setting.php and in forum profile but still receiving notice emails on old emails address

How this problem can be solved?

ft11

Go to the Admin center, in the left sidebar under 'Configuration' click on 'Server Settings'.

Uncheck the option "Send emails on MySQL connection error"

If it is greyed out, so that you cannot uncheck it, you'll need to FTP in and make <forum_root>/Settings.php  writeable by the server.

ahmadtrco

Advertisement: