News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Footnotes v1.08 is out!

Started by Nao 尚, April 15, 2009, 04:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

Quote from: Kcmartz on August 01, 2010, 05:56:38 PM
Yea Nao, footnotes are for basically one purpose. No updates needed. I hope that in SMF 3.0 it is a default feature! (tick to enable/disable)
Nope, it won't be a default setting in SMF because, if only because they don't want any of my code.
Don't worry, I'll keep it alive... Although just for you it will be a commercial mod, because you're so supportive of my decisions and I'm sure you won't mind. It will remain free for others. 8) 8) 8)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

KensonPlays

lol. I am saving up for "more important" mods. Like SMP's Custom Top Menu Premium.

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Nao 尚

Quote from: Kcmartz on August 01, 2010, 06:15:52 PM
lol. I am saving up for "more important" mods. Like SMP's Custom Top Menu Premium.
Yeah... Because that sure is rocket science technology, compared with Aeva Media! ::)
You're just a mindless troll. You call yourself a community support helper but you don't have a clue about your community. And I'm revoking your license to use any of my mods on kcmartz.com until you publicly apologize.

@xrunner> Okay, I've found the reason for the bug. Karl Benson added on January 2 a feature I didn't notice in rev 9618 (which subsequently was included in SMF2 RC3), where <blockquote> tags get additional classes to allow for color permutation. So my simple strpos() just wouldn't work. I'm hesitating between simply removing the closing '>' at the end of the strpos (tested, it works), or adding two strpos, to avoid matching against <blockquotesomething>. But I honestly don't see a reason for this to show up in a message anyway... I'll probably take the first one.

Also, it seems like my quote fix doesn't work for SMF1 at all. Honestly, I don't really care at this point, as it's not a critical feature in Footnotes (it just makes life easier by keeping quoted footnotes inside the quotes.) It's yet another incentive for SMF1 users to upgrade ASAP.

Anyway, just look for this line in Subs.php:

$start_blockquote = strpos($message, '<blockquote>', $my_pos);

And replace with:
$start_blockquote = strpos($message, '<blockquote', $my_pos);
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Nao 尚

New release!

Version 1.07                                      2nd August 2010
-----------------------------------------------------------------
! Fixed quoted footnotes compatibility with SMF2 Public RC3
* Improved compatibility with other mods at install time

LHW

Ken.

If my existing version (1.05) is working OK in SMF2 RC3 is there any need to install this update?

Thanks... Ken.
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

Nao 尚

Quote from: Ken. on August 02, 2010, 05:34:27 AM
If my existing version (1.05) is working OK in SMF2 RC3 is there any need to install this update?
Yes, if you're using quotes at all ;)

Ken.

Done it.

TBH, Footnotes rarely get used on my forum, but I like them and that's reason enough to have them available.  :D

Thanks Nao.
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

Nao 尚

Technically -- they're only useful when they're used, obviously. But when you need them, it's good to have them! Especially in blog-type post.

xrunner

New version installed and working. Thank you!

Nao 尚

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: Nao on August 02, 2010, 05:18:31 AM
New release!

Version 1.07                                      2nd August 2010
-----------------------------------------------------------------
! Fixed quoted footnotes compatibility with SMF2 Public RC3
* Improved compatibility with other mods at install time

Great news. Will be updating mine soon.

Nao 尚

v1.08
! A last-minute code optimization broke multiple footnotes. Oops.

Sorry, my bad... I didn't even realize this issue until now.

saks

Hi Nao! I install Footnotes 1.08 and it not correct show style in Mozilla FireFox 3.5.11,  but in other browsers it work very good. look example and Where I am mistaken?

balti27

Please update for RC 2.0 RC4, Thank You!

~DS~

Quote from: balti27 on November 10, 2010, 07:57:46 AM
Please update for RC 2.0 RC4, Thank You!
It should work for RC4...
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Eclipse16V

I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Jessica.

I have this installed on 2.0 final. works fine
Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

Eclipse16V

I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Apllicmz

Yes nice mod
when Update dont forget portuguese

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt-utf8.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="end" />
            <add><![CDATA[
$txt['noisen_footnote'] = 'Nota no rodap&eacute;';
]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <add><![CDATA[
]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_brazilian-utf8.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <add><![CDATA[
]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_brazilian.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <add><![CDATA[
]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>

Advertisement: