News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ad Revenue Sharing Mod

Started by mghq, April 25, 2009, 07:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mghq

Quote from: pinoysim on May 13, 2009, 02:01:23 PM
Question: Why is that the message "This Is An Ad Revenue Sharing Forum" disappears and sometimes it shows. i got an error when i click PROFILE on the menu bar. Here is the error:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home/server/public_html/mysite.com/Sources/Profile.php on line 3080

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting ']' in /home/server/public_html/mysite.com/Sources/Profile.php on line 3080

Give me the code, I have had no problems with it on the forum i installed it on

Mavvic

attached here is the index.template.php and profile.php

mghq

Quote from: pinoysim on May 13, 2009, 08:01:17 PM
Your error was caused by there being a huge chunk of your code missing after line 3080. My mod did not do this

Mavvic

Quote from: mghq on May 13, 2009, 08:05:19 PM
Your error was caused by there being a huge chunk of your code missing after line 3080. My mod did not do this

should i reinstall then?  Thanks for the reply  :D

mghq

Quote from: pinoysim on May 13, 2009, 08:33:31 PM

Yeah, make a mysql backup, then reinstall everything you need. No problem

Mavvic

Quote from: mghq on May 13, 2009, 08:59:35 PM

It Works Now but the statement that says "This Is An Ad Revenue Sharing Forum" Does not appear on the Ads.

Mavvic

Quote from: Mavvic on May 13, 2009, 11:33:28 PM

It Works Now but the statement that says "This Is An Ad Revenue Sharing Forum" Does not appear on the Ads.

OK i got it. The message "Adsense and YPN Revenue Sharing Forum  [?]" only works if the "Top of Page" Ad Placement is Checked. Currently, ARS mod is not showing top of the page ad placement because you are still fixing the code.

mghq

Quote from: Mavvic on May 13, 2009, 11:52:43 PM
Quote from: Mavvic on May 13, 2009, 11:33:28 PM

OK i got it. The message "Adsense and YPN Revenue Sharing Forum  [?]" only works if the "Top of Page" Ad Placement is Checked. Currently, ARS mod is not showing top of the page ad placement because you are still fixing the code.
It will continue duing that because the way the code works. It is not a problem.

ellion

Quote from: mghq on May 12, 2009, 06:07:08 PM
Quote from: ellion on May 12, 2009, 05:15:40 PM
Quote from: mghq on May 12, 2009, 05:12:59 PM
Quote from: ellion on May 12, 2009, 11:51:44 AM
how would i go about stopping the ads being shown on certain pages. ie; board index (ctr way to low) plus other non topic pages (ads are irrelevant and make the forum look amateur)

basically i only want ads to show on topic pages where there is useful content and low ad impressions but they have to be under the menu bar and after the last post.
You can only set them by in the admin panel. Remove it from the areas you do not want

yes, how would i do that. how do i remove ads from the board index but have them show in topics?
You must uncheck the places you do not want. Them are the default areas.

how do i uncheck them, is there settings somewhere else for the pages that the ads are shown on. i only want ads showing on topic pages.

mghq

Admin panel > Ad Revenue Sharing:
UNcheck anything there and navigate between pages under Ad revenue sharing to uncheck places.

mghq

Update:

SMF 2.0 RC1 is almost complete. I only have two files that are currently messing up and one problem with sql. The sql error is being cause by the difference from the versions but will be fixed.

ellion

Quote from: mghq on May 14, 2009, 06:23:05 PM
UNcheck anything there and navigate between pages under Ad revenue sharing to uncheck places.

i am sorry, i really dont understand what you mean. my setting for ARS are fine but the ads are being shown on the board index and non topic pages. i only want ads to be shown on topic pages, where there is content and low ad impressions.

Quotenavigate between pages under Ad revenue sharing to uncheck places
what does this mean, how do i do this?

mghq

Quote from: ellion on May 15, 2009, 08:33:26 AM

i am sorry, i really dont understand what you mean. my setting for ARS are fine but the ads are being shown on the board index and non topic pages. i only want ads to be shown on topic pages, where there is content and low ad impressions.

There is a place in the admin panel under my mod where it says where you can place them

ellion

Quote from: mghq on May 15, 2009, 09:34:45 AM
Quote from: ellion on May 15, 2009, 08:33:26 AM

There is a place in the admin panel under my mod where it says where you can place them

i cannot see any settings to choose what pages i want ads to be shown.

i think we are misunderstanding each other, do you understand what i am trying to do?

mghq

Click on adsetup. That is the best that you can modify it. YOU cannot only set one or two pages, you have the choices under adsetup.

ellion

Quote from: mghq on May 15, 2009, 02:41:05 PM
Click on adsetup. That is the best that you can modify it. YOU cannot only set one or two pages, you have the choices under adsetup.
i know that there is no settings for what i want to do,  this is why i ask for help. now i think you understand me. sorry for my manner i am getting frustrated with this. 

i am wanting to find another way to do this? i want to show the ad code on the topic pages only or to supress the code when it is not on a topic page.

is there anyway that this can be done?

i am sorry if am

mghq

Quote from: ellion on May 15, 2009, 03:07:07 PM
Quote from: mghq on May 15, 2009, 02:41:05 PM
i know that there is no settings for what i want to do,  this is why i ask for help. now i think you understand me. sorry for my manner i am getting frustrated with this. 

i am wanting to find another way to do this? i want to show the ad code on the topic pages only or to supress the code when it is not on a topic page.

is there anyway that this can be done?

i am sorry if am

This is the closest thing you can get. "Below Boards/Topic/Post Tables"

pingpong86

I think I have AD MANAGEMENT v2.3 installed on my SMF 1.1.9. 

Is it ok to install this mod?

mghq

Quote from: pingpong86 on May 31, 2009, 07:41:19 PM
I think I have AD MANAGEMENT v2.3 installed on my SMF 1.1.9. 

Is it ok to install this mod?
I do not believe it is for one reason. The reason is, is that mod might call for the same function this mod uses, but i am not sure

pingpong86

You mean there will be a conflict?

So you are suggesting that I uninstall it first?

Advertisement: