Advertisement:

Author Topic: Help me in this error of language  (Read 5618 times)

Offline nafseislam

Help me in this error of language
« on: June 06, 2009, 01:46:59 PM »
Hello All...

Well im having problem in posting Urdu language support with default theme and English language.

when i write urdu or arabic it writes ok but when i post the topic it gives me error and it shows "???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????"

When i copy and paste the Urdu contetnts using Quick Edit and then save the post then it shows fine.

please help me in this. Because i have seen many other forums they are using english language and using this support also.

help me.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 02:47:04 PM by nafseislam »

Offline agridoc

• SMF Hero
    • Aeromodelling GR - Aeromodelling in Greece
Re: Help me in this error of language
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 02:53:51 PM »
It's quite probable that you have a pseudo-UTF8 installation, usually by Fantastico.

In Quick edit, in fact there is a bug, characters are saved as entities, so they show correct. I suppose if you edit the post normally and save the problem will be the same.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod
Δeν αφιερώνω χρόνο για μηνύματα σε greeklish.

Offline nafseislam

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 04:55:33 PM »
yes you are right i installed that by Fantastico.

and i installed the fresh forum by using SimpleScripts and there its working fine.

Would you please help me. how to bring everything of old forum in the new forum.???

i tried to copied the database its done but when i tried to post it gives me the same problem as before after restoring the old databse to the new database?

It's quite probable that you have a pseudo-UTF8 installation, usually by Fantastico.

In Quick edit, in fact there is a bug, characters are saved as entities, so they show correct. I suppose if you edit the post normally and save the problem will be the same.

Offline agridoc

• SMF Hero
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod

Offline nafseislam

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 01:32:32 AM »
well i dont want to change the language of whole forum...

I installes the forum using Fantastico and in that forum im using default language English. I cant write URdu language but i tried to install the new forum at another place using SimpleScripts there is no any error it supports the lang what i want.

Offline nafseislam

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 01:57:11 AM »
This is what i have a problem the file is attached.

i want to fix in the Fantastico installed. because i cant move change it and work on new installed how i will transfer the posts and everything????

Offline agridoc

• SMF Hero
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 12:58:09 PM »
If you follow instructions in the posts you will be able to fix the Fantastico installation.

However it seems that your problem is different. You are asking how to move a SMF installation to another host. Read Saving/Restoring, and Moving SMF From a Host to Another.

Offline nafseislam

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 02:58:09 PM »
Thanks its solvedafter lot of problems.....

Thanks alot dear