News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

small question about upgrading smf

Started by scimmiotto, May 14, 2009, 03:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scimmiotto

hi guys, i have a little questione about upgrading smf. actually i use smf 2.01 rc1 with some packages installed. in the future there will be a rc2 ok? but i rc1 i have packages installed, and when rc2 will be avaiable, if i download from the admin panel the upgrade package, must i first uninstall all the installed mods? and if i choose to download the upgrade package from this site, must i first uninstall al the mods? or smf will do it while upgrading? and after having upgraded the forum, what to do to reinstall the mods? and what about language ( i use italian one)? tnx for any clarification u will give to me :)
Loop code example:
The following statement is FALSE
The previous statement is TRUE.

scimmiotto

bump...possible that no one knows how to upgrade smf with packages installed?
Loop code example:

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

As far as I know, no update will be provided between versions before 2.0 goes gold.
So, you will probably not be able to keep the installed mods when changing versions.
I may be wrong though, and if someone knows better - feel free to correct me ;)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

scimmiotto

Loop code example:

CapadY

As far as I know, no update will be provided between versions before 2.0 goes gold.
So, you will probably not be able to keep the installed mods when changing versions.
I may be wrong though, and if someone knows better - feel free to correct me :D
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That's what I said ;) And I stick by it :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

scimmiotto

guys sorry for my awful english, but i mismatch the question. My trouble is not to upgrade to a rc2, but to upgrade to further versions...in poor words how can i upgrade my forum? (i.e. i have 1.1.7 and i wanna upgrade to 1.1.8 without loosing my packages installed)

i hope u understood the question.
Loop code example:

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

1.1.7 to 1.1.8 is posssible without losing mods, using the small update package. But 2.0 RC1 to 2.0 RC2 will probably not be possible the same way.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: