News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Search in mambo/smf-forums/coppermine-gallery

Started by bmwheaven, March 25, 2005, 03:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

QuoteI am running Joomla 1.0.11 and SMF 1.1 RC3. I just installed smf.search.alpha 0.5.

I believe you need to be using 0.6 for SMF 1.1RC3.

imrich

Maybe this will save someone else some time.

I have Joomla 1.0.11 and SMF 1.1.RC3 and the 1.16 bridge.

I tried the search bridged smf forums mambot ( smf.searchbot.0.6.zip ) from www.princeclan.org and couldn't get it to work.

Here's what I did to fix it.

1) create a copy of smf.searchbot.0.6.zip
2) In the copy I deleted the file smf.search.readme.txt
3) In the copy, edit the file smf.search.xml and delete the line that contains:

<filename mambot="smf.search.readme.txt">smf.search.readme.txt</filename>

4) In your Joomla Administration panel, installers->mambots browse to the location of your fixed copy of smf.searchbot.0.6.zip and then choose to Upload File & Install it.
5) Under your mambots-> site mambots menu, be sure that the "Search Bridged SMF Forums" is published.

Thats it, now go to your Joomla home page and test the search function, it should now find items in the forum as well as your Joomla content.

I hope this helps someone. I stumbled on this for a bit but finally figured it out.

imrich

I just found my first 'bug' or issue with this searchbot.

I have SMF 1.1.1
Joomla 1.0.12
bridge 1.1.6

It's been working perfectly from the user front end.

However, from the admin backend of Joomla, if you use the :

Site -> Statistics -> Search Text admin tool it looks OK,

but THEN! Press the [Show Search Results] button and I recieve the following error repeated a few to many times:

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/user/domains/mydomain.tld/public_html/mambots/search/smf.search.php on line 188

Line 188 appears to be just a simple:

mysql_select_db($db_name, $db_connection);

I'm not sure what pressing the [Show Search Results] button could be doing to mess up this search bot, but it is.

I'm using separate databases for my smf and joomla.  But this has been working perfectly until I stumbled on this issue.

If anyone has a clue to this, I'd appreciate some help.

Kindred

the smf header bot is not initialized in the backend...   which means that SMF's SSI is not run, so the search routine has not idea what the variables $db_name or $db_connection are...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

imrich

Kindred,

Thanks for this clue. I'm still learning SMF and Joomla coding, can you give me a hint of what to look for so I can fix this?

This is a great addition for those who have bridged joomla.

I now have SMF bridged to joomla as well as Coppermine (with Stramm modpack). After fixing these errors my next step is to work on a coppermine search bot (which was started in this thread.

Advertisement: