Resend activation e-mail and delete member if ignored

Started by thunderbirdsei, April 04, 2007, 06:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunderbirdsei

I'm searching for a mod who sends an e-mail to members which doesn't have activated their registration (resend the activation details) and delete the member after certain time when he doesn't react...

Does it exist? I couldn't find it here, but somehow I can't believe that this feature doesn't exist...many admin needs that I think...was I (one more time) just to blind to find it in the admin-centre?

青山 素子

There is nothing automated, but you can do it manually.

Admin -> Members -> Awaiting Activation

Check the people you want to send to. On the dropdown, select "Remind and send email".

To delete, you do the same, but selecting one of the deletion options.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

thunderbirdsei

But I have set the registration method to "Member Activation" and not "Member Aproval" so there is nothing listed on Admin -> Members -> Awaiting Activation

青山 素子

I use Member Activation as well. That area will appear if there are users that haven't activated themselves. If you don't have it, then there are no pending activations.

(This is true for at least the 1.1 series. I don't currently have an active 1.0 board to check against.)
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

thunderbirdsei

Hmmm...I have SMF 1.1.2..

But I have users they were never online...(and I'm sure that some have even not received the activation e-mail because the e-mail bounced back)

...I have now registered a new (test) member. I have not clicked on the activation link but he is still not listed in the "Awaiting Activation" section...

What's wrong?

thunderbirdsei

uhm, is it maybe because I'm using the Joomla-Bridge?

青山 素子

Yes, that is very much possible. I don't know the bridge too well, though.
Motoko-chan

Advertisement: