News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1 to SMF help!

Started by Seraphina, April 20, 2005, 12:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seraphina

I am trying to convert my Yabb forum to SMF.  This version is cgi based, so I dont know if it will work or not.  I have not been able to get the converter script to detect the yabb settings.

Can anyone help please??

[Unknown]

Well, it should work fine with your version of YaBB.  The CGI/Perl based one, indeed.

If you put the converter in the directory YaBB is in, it will detect the path for you automatically.  However, because YaBB may be in cgi-bin, this may not work.

Do you have cPanel, or similar?  Knowing what setup you have can help me help you guess the path.

-[Unknown]

Seraphina

It is in the cgi-bin.  The cgi-bin is outside of the www folder though, could that be the problem?   I do have shell access to our server, if that helps.

The path SHOULD be: /cgi-bin/yabb  but that isnt working.  I have also tried ../cgi-bin/yabb

No cpanel.

I will try running the script from the yabb directory to see waht happens!   I will keep you posted.

Seraphina

Hrm...I get an internal server error if I try to run the converter from the yabb directory.

Any ideas?

[Unknown]

I would recommend against using a relative path.  The default value in the box should be the path to where ever the file is.  For example, if you have:

/www/smf
/cgi-bin/yabb

It's likely that the box will default to something like this:

/home/seraphina/www/smf

Or:

/home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/smf

In which case, the path would be:

/home/seraphina/cgi-bin/yabb

Or:

/home/virtual/site1/fst/var/cgi-bin/yabb

Different hosts set things up differently, so it's not always possible to tell.

Quote from: Seraphina on April 20, 2005, 01:22:26 PM
Hrm...I get an internal server error if I try to run the converter from the yabb directory.

Any ideas?

This is probably because it isn't a CGI script.  You could try adding the following to the top of the .php file:

#!/usr/bin/php

Which may or may not work.

-[Unknown]

Seraphina

I figured it out..I feel dumb now ;)

I finally found the correct path.
It worked awesomely by the way!

Advertisement: