News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Register Page

Started by cipher_nemo, April 26, 2011, 10:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cipher_nemo

Greetings.

I'm working with SMF 1.1.13 and looking to add more to the registration process (index.php?action=register). For example, adding a few more text boxes and such which I will grab and work with. I could just put this in the agreement.txt file since it will be included in the form passed back to the server, but I'd prefer to do this cleanly and permanently add this to the source for my install.

But I'm having trouble finding everything that gets displayed in the register page. Here's what I found so far...

• \Themes\default\Register.template.php
  • \Themes\default\languages\Login.english.php
  • \Sources\Register.php
Where else does the registration page pull from?

Thanks in advance for the help.

kat

Hi, man! Welcome to the forum!

If you want to save yourself a bit of work, have a browse around the mod site.

There are a few mods, there, that do what you want, I believe.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/

cipher_nemo

Quote from: K@ on April 26, 2011, 12:27:57 PM
Hi, man! Welcome to the forum!

If you want to save yourself a bit of work, have a browse around the mod site.

There are a few mods, there, that do what you want, I believe.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/

Thanks. I haven't found any mod to do what I want, but I did find a couple that add something specific to the registration page, so I'll look at these mods as an example of how they do it. :)

Illori

maybe if you explain a bit more on what you want to do, we may be able to give you some ideas.

cipher_nemo

Quote from: Illori on April 26, 2011, 01:14:41 PM
maybe if you explain a bit more on what you want to do, we may be able to give you some ideas.

Thanks for the offer! :)

Fortunately, though, I think I found what I was looking for. The LocationOnReg mod by Peludo_08 adds a field to the registration page. I'll take that example and expand upon it.

kat

Advertisement: