Question about "quote" feature

Started by someone2, March 29, 2005, 01:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

someone2

I absoutley HATE (no offense) the quote feature that has it set up to a reply so that there is a quote INSIDE a quote box.

By the 2nd or 3rd quote.....the thread becomes unreadable. Is there a way to alter this in the script so that each quote can have its own seperate quote box?

thanks

Trekkie101

Yeah

Quotequote1
Answer 1

Quotequote 2
answer 2

Quotequote 3

[quote]quote1[/quote]
Answer 1

[quote]quote 2[/quote]
answer 2

[quote]quote 3[/quote]
Hello

someone2

yeah, but thats for each individual to do on their own, right?  Is there a way to make it so that the board script automatically does it for each user when they reply with a quote?

Thantos

You can also set it up so nested quotes are removed...

Ben_S

Disable nested quotes in Edit Features and Options.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

someone2

someone2

Quote from: Ben_S on March 29, 2005, 01:44:11 PM

ok, new problem...when I do that, all the quotes are now stored in ONE big quote box

that doesnt look right, Im looking for each quote to have its own seperate quote box instead of a quote box in a quote box in a quote box

someone2

Quote from: someone2 on March 29, 2005, 03:35:49 PM

ok, new problem...when I do that, all the quotes are now stored in ONE big quote box

that doesnt look right, Im looking for each quote to have its own seperate quote box instead of a quote box in a quote box in a quote box

As you can see above, Im looking to make the quote feature so that each quote will ave its own, seperate box because after the 3rd quote everyhting gets hard to read and hard to know who posted what.  When I disabled the function, it puts everything in one big quote box

So below, is what Im trying to set up....

Quoteok, new problem...when I do that, all the quotes are now stored in ONE big quote box

Ben_S

Disable nested quotes only quotes one level, it removes quotes within quotes, there is currently no way to do what you are asking to my knowledge without modifying some stuff.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

someone2

Quote from: Ben_S on March 29, 2005, 03:50:24 PM
Disable nested quotes only quotes one level, it removes quotes within quotes, there is currently no way to do what you are asking to my knowledge without modifying some stuff.

argghhh! that stinks BIG TIME

[Unknown]

I'm not sure why you'd want to do this, but using css it is theoretically possible.  Still, some people nest quotes in a logical fashion - in fact, I'd like to think I do - and it isn't hard to read.

You can also alternate the background of quote boxes if that helps your eyes.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: