Good Post/Bad Post Mod

Started by OutofOrder, June 17, 2009, 10:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oleson92

Is anyone looking at getting this mod updated for RC2?

OutofOrder

Please excuse me for the absence.
Okay, one by one.

Quote from: Mush Man on September 25, 2009, 11:47:34 AM
Is there a feature that allows administrators to see all historical voting actions?
Also, will updating the mod reset the vote-counts? I want to implement this mod soon! :D
1. Every vote is logged, although regrets (like voting down after voting up) are not logged, ony the final vote is. The voter id, the voted poster id, and the post id data are kept. A tool to review voting by user/thread/poster is planned.
2. Updating the mod will not affect your current votes.

Quote from: Mush Man on September 26, 2009, 02:56:45 AM
You can actually change the code to make it install for SMF 1.1.10.
Look inside "package-info.xml" and change "<install for="1.1.0-1.1.9">" to "<install for="1.1.0-1.1.10">" and it'll install fine (I'm pretty sure).
This is indeed the correct hack in order to make this mod work in SMF 1.1.10.

Quote from: piggeh on September 30, 2009, 09:21:02 AM
I installed this mod onto SMF 2.0 RC1.2 - I have done this on xampp on my memory stick and it worked fine (with SMF 2.0 rc1.2). However, when I have installed it onto my webserver, it installed but it cannot find the settings page (it shows in the dropdown box but with no image next to it). I get a HTTP 500 error when I click on the link to open settings. Any idea on how to fix please?
I can only guess that your problem was that the mod did not install correctly. 500 errors usually mean server misconfiguration though (it's very unlikely that a PHP script failed this way).

Quote from: diablo3x.dk on October 13, 2009, 09:46:53 PM
I am a noob at this so looking for some help...

If I can help with the translation into Danish I would like to offer this service :) I just don't know how to do it.
Unfortunately, you need to know some basic PHP/HTML/CSS in order to modify your theme as needed.
If you want to translate to Danish, please download this file, and edit the strings (after the equal signs).

Quote from: Mush Man on October 13, 2009, 09:49:26 PM
Also, if I updated to the next version of the mod which displays which members have voted on a post,  would the votes that have already been made then display who made those votes?
Yes.

Quote from: smldmr on October 26, 2009, 09:06:38 AM
Here is my edited version. You can copy-paste the text in the language files. It's not 100% correct, but better as before.
I was afraid this would happen. Thank you for your corrections. Or rather, teşekkür ederim :)

Quote from: genenj on October 28, 2009, 04:49:52 PM
I get this error when trying to install this on 1.1.10 default theme. Same when I use a custom theme. Any advice?
Chances are that you have another mod installed that conflicts with the modifications made by GPBP. So you have to edit both Sources/Display.php and Sources/Subs.php manually, following the mod's install instructions.
Please remember to backup your files before editing them. Also, before editing the files run the installer and choose to continue with the install despite the warnings. Of course, if you don't have experience with PHP code, i advice you request help in SMF Coding Discussion.

Quote from: Alleks on November 04, 2009, 06:54:20 AM
Is there any way to allow post voting only to users with "x" amount of posts?
You can do this using post count-based membergroup permissions ( Admin -> Permissions -> Settings -> Enable permissions for post count based groups ). Although this can be messy if you only enable this setting for the GPBP mod.
I'll consider this feature for a future update.

Quote from: Patriiick on November 08, 2009, 04:58:02 AM
I know my forum version is a bit out of date (I have 1.1.7), but I cannot upgrade there is a permission error.
I'm sorry but i'm not able to help you with this SMF version. Hopefully someone else managed to install this mod in a previous SMF version.

Quote from: oleson92 on November 09, 2009, 05:49:19 PM
Is anyone looking at getting this mod updated for RC2?
RC2 brought some changes that broke the GPBP installation. I can't tell you when the next mod version will be out, but i don't think it will be in less than two weeks.

Mush Man

I'm experiencing a strange bug.
For some reason, the value of Respect (I renamed it Smash Coins) doesn't show unless you click one of the arrows. I did edit "install_1.1.x.xml", but I'm pretty sure I didn't break anything.
Click here to view an example.
Link to edited installation XML file.

Mush Man

I've also discovered this error listing itself probably thousands of times in my error log. In fact, I've uninstalled the mod now that I know it's producing so many errors.

8: Undefined index:  gpbp_respect<br />File: /home/ninstar/public_html/forum/Themes/default/Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)<br />Line: 340

I've checked the original code against the current code and they both match. The code in Line 340 is:

', $txt['gpbp_respect'], ': <span class="gpbp_respect_count_', $message['member']['id'], '">', $message['member']['gpbp_respect'] > 0 ? '+' : '', $message['member']['gpbp_respect'], '</span><br />';

I'm using another theme, but it does not contain a different "Display.template.php".
Any ideas? :S

Sabre™

Could you double check that $txt['gpbp_respect'] = 'Respect'; is in your Modifications.english.php, and any other language you maybe using.
If youre using utf8, then it will also need to be added to that file eg. Modifications.english-utf8.php and so on...
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Mush Man

I checked, and the value reads $txt['gpbp_respect'] = 'Smash Coins';. The change from "Respect" to "Smash Coins" is intentional, as I was it to be called "Smash Coins" rather than "Respect".

Sabre™

Double check the edits for your load.php
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Mush Man

Actually, SMF did say that there was something wrong with load.php, but after backing up and installing, it appeared OK. Also, I didn't edit the installation area for load.php either.

From my "install_1.1.x" file...

<file name="$sourcedir/Load.php">
<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA[b.ID_THEME, b.override_theme, b.permission_mode, b.countPosts]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[,
b.enable_gpbp]]></add>
</operation>

<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA['posts_count' => empty($row['countPosts']),]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
'gpbp_enabled' => !empty($row['enable_gpbp']),]]></add>
</operation>

<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA[mem.usertitle' : '');]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
$select_columns .= ',
mem.gpbp_respect';]]></add>
</operation>

<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA[IF(mem.ID_GROUP = 0 OR mg.stars = '', pg.stars, mg.stars) AS stars, mem.passwordSalt";]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
$select_columns .= ',
mem.gpbp_respect';]]></add>
</operation>

<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA['local_time' => timeformat(time() + ($profile['timeOffset'] - $user_info['time_offset']) * 3600, false),]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
'gpbp_respect' => $profile['gpbp_respect'],]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

And I don't know what I'm looking for in load.php. Should I post it here?

Sabre™

Yeah, if you could attach that file to your next post, we'll check it for you.

Mush Man

Sabre™

Mush Man

Whoo! It works now! It fixed the error problem and the problem where the amount of Respect wasn't appearing! Thanks a lot for that! :D :D

Sabre™

My pleasure mate.
I knew exactly what wasn't working, and why.
It is a common thing with those that have the timezone mod installed.
Enjoy :)

OutofOrder

Quote from: Sabre™ on November 26, 2009, 01:18:53 AM
My pleasure mate.
I knew exactly what wasn't working, and why.
It is a common thing with those that have the timezone mod installed.
Enjoy :)
If you can afford the time, could you be more specific? It would be much appreciated.

Sabre™

Most mods edit the load.php without much hassle,
eg.
adding b.enable_gpbp   to   b.ID_THEME, b.override_theme, b.permission_mode, b.countPosts etc etc..

while others search for this line
'local_time' => timeformat(time() + ($profile['timeOffset'] - $user_info['time_offset']) * 3600, false),

The timezone mod re-writes that whole line to
'local_time' => $localTime,   etc.. etc.. etc..

I think it'd be better to select a line previous to that, just to cover that possibility. It doesn't matter whether the mod searches for another line, it will still function as designed.
This isn't the only mod to search for that line, which is why I'm familiar with it.

Angelotus

Hello,I have manually installed the plugin, as I use SMF 2.0 beta 3 (and not a release candidate).Problem is display.template.php which is heavily modified (please see attachment). Where do I have to put the codes in?

diablo3x.dk

I hope to see this mod compatible with RC2 soon. Great mod :)

smldmr

herace

IdanC

maybe there is a way i can help with the rc2.0 update? i'm too unctuous to wait
i'm not much of an expert, but i did fine

Advertisement: