Good Post/Bad Post Mod

Started by OutofOrder, June 17, 2009, 10:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snogmarr

Ah Ah sussed it

wow its a clever mod

KensonPlays

doesn't work for me! I did edit that failed in admin.php, and nothing changed in admin!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

IdanC

it looks like its working on rc3, i'm still testing, updates soon...

Sabre™

It should work as it did in RC2.
There are no immediate changes needed to the code for compatibility, only to the install file to accommodate for RC3.
But even that isn't needed because of the 'advanced' feature in the SMF2 series.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

KensonPlays

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

IdanC

nevertheless, i came across a few issues, but managed to overcome them.

for the chance that i'm not the only one, here are my tip & tweaks -

• it is recommended to install on a fresh copy, the installer is sensitive to other mods, but if it is not a possibility, just try to manually do the changes in the php the installer couldn't do, it should work fine.
  • I've used a previous version, and after installing the 2.0 version nothing worked. it appears that there are some "fossils" in the db: make sure you add the "log_time" field in the "log_gpbp" table, for some reason the installer doesn't add it if the table already exists.
  • finally, voting down gave a huge number, just change the attribute value of the field `gpbp_score` in the `smf_messages` table. it should look something like this
ALTER TABLE `smf_messages` CHANGE `gpbp_score` `gpbp_score` SMALLINT( 6 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

Sabre™

Nevertheless your issues have risen from a previous install, and not the version available.
It seems whatever version you were using, either didn't have a call to remove the db additions, or failed while uninstalling.
For those that do not know how to add fields etc into your db, just drop the old tables etc and install the new version of the mod.(if following the above post)

EDIT:
Quote from: IdanC on March 09, 2010, 11:22:54 AM
  • .... voting down gave a huge number....

I didnt check this, and you were right!
Thank You very much for the info :)

@ Kcmartz
Are there any errors in your log pertaining to this mod?
Are you using the default theme or a custom theme?
Did you install it manually or through the Package Manager, if so, were there any errors on installation?
Have you checked that the edits to your templates were made correct?
What exactly isn't working for you? Do you mean that a certain area isn't working, or the complete mod itself isn't?
And last but not least, if you think the sky was blue the last clear day of mid January, will Friday of the second week of next month at 7am be fine or overcast?
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Bugo

Errors in Log:

QuoteUndefined index: gpbp_score
File: /Sources/Display.php
Line: 1409

Line 1409:
Quote'gpbp_score' => $message['gpbp_score'],

KensonPlays

Are there any errors in your log pertaining to this mod? Not that I can see
Are you using the default theme or a custom theme? Raven Theme, as well as default, and about 10 others
Did you install it manually or through the Package Manager, if so, were there any errors on installation? Through package manager, except for admin.php, which I had to try manually :(
Have you checked that the edits to your templates were made correct? Yes, I am sure (at least, 75%)
What exactly isn't working for you? Do you mean that a certain area isn't working, or the complete mod itself isn't? Maybe the whole mod, but it is the admin area that won't show!
And last but not least, if you think the sky was blue the last clear day of mid January, will Friday of the second week of next month at 7am be fine or overcast? I don't know!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Snogmarr

Just spent two hours checking this mod in RC3

It works perfectly well

Except for one minor issue.

If the voting is zero and you give a member a negative vote, the mod does not recognise -1
(minus one) so it defaults to the database max byte value!.... Ie it sets itself at +65535 or whatever 64bit systems max at.
So you get +65535 votes lol

Every time you give a + vote it increases this value by one and will not zero back, it jumps between 65534 and 65535.

whoops did not see IdanC had already put this!

OutofOrder

People, DO NOT ASK FOR RC3 SUPPORT until the next GP/BP version is out. Or you're on your own.
That said, I want to thank all the brave RC3 compatibility testers. ;) I noticed there were some changes in Display.php and also in the Db-xxxxx.php sources which may have affected the mod's intallation and performance.
I hope to release an update soon.

Quote from: Ryoki on March 07, 2010, 06:00:10 PM
I have installed the mod without errors but nothing changed.
*snip*

http://www.weg-des-stifts.de/smf/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install2;package=GoodPostBadPost.2.0.zip;pid=0
8: Undefined index: theme
Datei: /var/www/web1168/html/smf/Sources/Packages.php
Zeile: 935

Hmm this error message doesn't really tell me anything :-X Looks more like a SMF bug.
After looking at the mentioned line Packages.php in RC2, I would guess that the mod did not install in any of your themes (or rather, in Curve). You're most likely going to have to edit the theme(s) manually.

Quote from: smldmr on March 08, 2010, 07:40:03 PM
but i can't chose the thumbset. i must do it manualy in phpmyadmin.
What happens if you try to change the button set? Does it give you an error or log an error?

Quote from: xnathansxdadx on March 08, 2010, 08:58:45 PM
Ah Ah sussed it
Meaning you solved your problem?

Quote from: Kcmartz on March 09, 2010, 11:10:39 AM
Still doesn't work :( :( :(
The only failed edit was in Admin.php? Then please upload this file, and maybe someone will look into it. Only if you're still using SMF 2 RC2. Otherwise, please wait for the next version.

Quote from: Sabre™ on March 09, 2010, 11:43:54 AM
EDIT:
Quote from: IdanC on March 09, 2010, 11:22:54 AM
  • .... voting down gave a huge number....
I didnt check this, and you were right!
:o

Sabre™

:o Problem? :o
If you cannot understand the comment, then read the complete post(s)

OutofOrder

Quote from: Sabre™ on March 10, 2010, 12:43:47 AM
:o Problem? :o
If you cannot understand the comment, then read the complete post(s)
I did understand. Was just being surprised because of that bug. ;)

Quote from: xnathansxdadx on March 10, 2010, 12:48:25 AM
One more thing to make note of is that guests cannot vote,,,,,, all they see is a number,,,, and the voting list locks up,,,, check it out
Guests can not and will never be able to vote. This is not a mistake or a bug, it's how it was meant to be.
About the voter list problem, I can't figure out if your problem is because of permissions of because of sessions (or something else): please check your error log when a guest tries to access the voters list and paste the error here (there should be an error).

KensonPlays

OutofOrder, I will wait until update anyway...

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

OutofOrder

A first impression is that SMF 2 RC3 is specifying the unsigned attribute to numerical columns when adding/updating columns. I've checked Db-packages but the code seems to be alright.
This is baffling. I've tried to explicitly set signed columns (as opposed to before when I just left it to the default value) but the result is the same: the new columns are always saved as unsigned numericals  >:(
I'm trying my best to find the problem in my own code before assuming it's a SMF bug. Oh well.

(Does anyone know if similar problems have arised in other mods that modify SMF database tables in RC3?)

OutofOrder

In the end, I had to resort to a (not so elegant) workaround for this problem.
The new version GP/BP 2.0.1 is out, supporting RC3 and addressing the problems arised.

To all SMF 2 RC3 admins that had already installed this mod and experienced the "huge number" problem:

• Upgrade to the latest GP/BP version. The affected MySQL database table columns will be fixed.
  • Go to the Administration center > Forums > Good Post / Bad Post > GPBP Tools > Recount totals. This tool will analyze each vote sent by the members and recount the numbers of post score and Respect. Values will turn back to normal after this.
Please have in mind that the recounting process may be demanding for your server, depending on your server load and amount of votes sent (hundreds to thousands of votes). Enable Maintenance mode before attempting to run this tool.

Enjoy another GP/BP release.
And please report back of any problems, which hopefully there should be none. :)

Snogmarr

doubled up on everything,,,,
been through files just cant find script to remove?

see pic

IdanC

Quote from: xnathansxdadx on March 16, 2010, 06:33:42 PM
doubled up on everything,,,,

shouldn't be too hard: most likely an uninstall couldn't remove the changes in display.template, and the reinstall just applied them again.

try editing Display.template.php, find the double piece of code and remove one of it...

but - i could be wrong...

Snogmarr

looked in every associated php file ,,, that's why I posted but will go look again just in case

Note
well bugger me must have missed that

Thanks  IdanC

Snogmarr

well bugger me, must have misswd that

thanks a lot  :-[

Advertisement: