News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Activitybar

Started by Suki, June 30, 2009, 11:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerrang!

I've skimmed through and might of missed this, so please forgive me.

The inspiration behind this mod, the orginal one created by Nas had either an edited version or alternative which have four levels. I know one was for how often the user had been logged in/active, one for posting frequency but I forget the other two. Is it possible with this mod? It was awesome and made my old community stand out. (Rather unique feature)
I'm my own worst enemy! :P

Css Help <--Having difficulty matching the look of the code function with the style of "quote".. =)

Suki

I didn't change any of the inner structure since I took this mod, I only applied a few changes, mostly hooks and storing the bar in a context value so it doesn't have to be called for every message.

I don't know if the features you mentioned were removed before I took over the mod.

I do recall a tip with 3 or 4 bars with an annoying gif, perhaps that is what you are looking for.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

kerrang!

Quote from: Suki on June 16, 2012, 10:41:51 AM
I didn't change any of the inner structure since I took this mod, I only applied a few changes, mostly hooks and storing the bar in a context value so it doesn't have to be called for every message.

I don't know if the features you mentioned were removed before I took over the mod.

I do recall a tip with 3 or 4 bars with an annoying gif, perhaps that is what you are looking for.
I think you're correct, I don't recall the annoying gif though.

Any chances of being able to achieve the four bar version with your mod? :)
I'm my own worst enemy! :P

Css Help <--Having difficulty matching the look of the code function with the style of "quote".. =)

Suki

Well this mod only calculates the activity, doesn't really perform any other calculations.  Don't really know what are the other 3 bars for.

Take a look at the tips board, perhaps you will find the 4 bar tip over there.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

N i g h t m a r e

is it possible to connect this mod to the
Aeva Media mod?

so when i upload videos to the media gallery it counts as activity? and gives me more %?
so say i have
"Activity: 0%"
and upload a video to the gallery it gives me about "4" more percent and now it says
"Activity: 4%" ...

Suki

The mod is tightly  related to the post count and the activity isn't stored anywhere, it is calculated on-the-fly, therefore, it would be really impractical to add a db entry just for that.

YoMismo

Hello, first of all apologize for my bad English.

I'd like to ask if it would be possible to modify this MOD reached a low activity level configurable, suppose 10% could send a private message / email to warn the user of low participation in the forum. And if it continues to drop, say 5% then managed to alert the delete your account, or you delete it directly if desired. Actually the main intention would be able to reset the message counter to user level and lower it to the forum, so that if your status remains active but if you stop participating for a long lost that status, but like this and if it's too complicated.

The idea is to use the MOD to try to improve the level of participation in the forum and second "punish" inactive users putting their counter to zero or removing that forum.

Unfortunately I have no knowledge to modify the MOD, and not if I ask is too complicated and something that could be done gently.

A greeting.

Me gustaría preguntar si sería posible modificar este MOD para que llegado a un nivel bajo de actividad configurable, supongamos un 10% pudiese enviar un mensaje privado/email al usuario para advertirle de su baja participación en el foro. Y si sigue bajando, supongamos al 5% pues avisar al administrado para poder eliminar su cuenta, o que la elimine directamente si así se desea. En realidad la intención principal sería poder poner a cero el contador de mensajes de los usuarios para así bajarlo de nivel en el foro, de tal modo que si participa activamente mantiene su status pero si deja de participar durante un largo periodo pierde dicho status, pero igual ya esto si que ya es muy complicado.

La idea es usar el MOD para intentar mejorar el nivel de participación en el foro y segundo "castigar" a los usuarios inactivos poniendo su contador a cero o eliminándolos del foro.

Desgraciadamente yo no tengo conocimientos para modificar el MOD, y no se si lo que pido es muy complicado o es algo que amablemente se podría hacer.

Un saludo.

Suki

No es posible sin agregar un impacto en el rendimiento del servidor, se necesitaría almacenar la actividad en una tabla y consultarla con una tarea programada y para cuando se ejecute esa tarea programada, puede que el usuario ya no esté dentro del rango de baja actividad.

La otra opción sería obtener todos los posibles candidatos en la misma tarea programada, de igual forma sería costoso.

YoMismo

Muchas gracias Suki, si no es fácil miraré a ver si encuentro algún MOD que me avise cuando los usuarios lleven un determinado tiempo sin actividad para borrarlos manualmente.

Una última cuestión, sería posible añadir una columna con la actividad en Administración-Usuarios-Todos los usuarios, por defecto salen estan columnas:
ID    Usuario    Nombre a mostrar    Dirección Email    Dirección IP    última vez en línea    Mensajes    

¿Sería muy complicado añadir una columna con la actividad?

Un saludo.

Suki

No, it shouldn't be difficult to add the activity, all you need to do is call the Activity_Bar() function which accepts a unique parameter, the User ID  and it will return an array of data, this array contains the width for the bar as well as the percentage, the function also creates a $context var which you can also use in this form:

$context[$user]['activity_bar']

where $user is the user ID

MoreBloodWine

Cool mod but a few things...

http://www.eojmarket.com/Dust514/index.php?topic=26.msg60#msg60

Would it be posible to add someone from the options menu that lets a user define the color of the bar and it's text ?

Post that links to shows why I ask.

As for the attachment... I dont know what edit makes this but it seems the divider line is out of place... tested this accross a few sites with the same results.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Suki

You can easily change the colors in your Sources/ActivityBar.php file:

function Activity_Bar_css()

The reason why I don't offer an option is because a lot of people doesn't know how to add css  or hexadecimal numbers or even the name of the color.

As for the bar, it is not a bug, it is there to separate this mod settings from other mods, lost of mods adds settings to that same page and mod authors can add a line separator, if you don't want it, o to Sources/ActivityBar.php and find:

$config_vars[] = '';

and delete it.

ramooo19

when will this version of the plugin for version 2.1 of smf be released or improved?

Suki

sirfpsycho

I want to change activity bar filling color. How to do?

shadav

Quote from: sirfpsycho on September 22, 2019, 10:45:57 PM
I want to change activity bar filling color. How to do?
in sources > ActivityBar.php
find
<style type="text/css">
.activity_holder
{
height: 15px;
border: 1px solid #fff;
}

.activity_bar
{
background: url('. $settings['default_theme_url'] .'/images/theme/main_block.png) 90% -200px;
}

.activity_percentage
{
color: #fff;
text-align: center;
}
</style>

pocttopus

Hello,

Any chance to have this mod for 2.1RC2 version?

pocttopus

Thank you... should I continue with installation because some files are missing?  ???

1.    Execute Code    configInstall.php    
2.    Add Hook    Adapting hook integrate_load_theme    Test successful
3.    Add Credits    Credits: Activity bar mod    
4.    Extract Tree    ./Sources/ohara    File not found
5.    Extract File    ./Sources/ActivityBar.php    The file that handles everything
6.    Extract Tree    ./vendor    File not found
7.    Extract Tree    ./Themes    Theme files

Suki

The code on github isn't ready to install as a couple more steps are needed.

You can try the 2.0 version, it will install with emulation, however, since 2.1 has had some heavy changes I think both ActivityBar versions (for 2.0 and for 2.1) will no longer work properly on github's SMF 2.1 code.

Advertisement: