News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

UpgradingFrom RC1-1 to RC1-2...

Started by Chaos Dragon, July 15, 2009, 04:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos Dragon

Trying to upgrade from RC1-1 to RC1-2 and I get:
Could not upload package, please check directory permissions!

All directory permissions are set where they need to be. chmod 755...
So I went ahead and manually installed the package through FTP and now I get this.....
The upgrader found some old or outdated files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package.

Any Ideas?
"Never stop exploring new ideas, concepts and techniques, but never forget the old ones, they just may come in handy someday!"
"Don't give up! Otherwise you do not win and nothing gets accomplished!"
Einstein "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results..."
Do Not PM me for Support. They will be Ignored. Use the Threads the have been provided.

Chaos Dragon

Figured out the problem. It was due to the language packs. I have all the UTF-8 Languages and installed all the RC1-2 versions and the upgrade went well from there.
"Never stop exploring new ideas, concepts and techniques, but never forget the old ones, they just may come in handy someday!"
Einstein "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results..."
Do Not PM me for Support. They will be Ignored. Use the Threads the have been provided.

Ben K

QuoteFigured out the problem. It was due to the language packs. I have all the UTF-8 Languages and installed all the RC1-2 versions and the upgrade went well from there.
I did so too, but it didn't help :(

KiCR

I also have the same problem. Automated upgrade doesn't work (first time for me that this doesn't work!). First i tried the update, then the upgrade and uploaded also the language files (german-utf8). But every time i open upgrade.php i get "The upgrader found some old or outdated files. Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package. "

Can someone help?

Norv

For upgrading to 2.0 RC1.2, with the manual upgrade packages, please do the following:
In the file upgrade.php, find:

// Version information...
define('SMF_VERSION', '2.0 RC1-1');
define('SMF_LANG_VERSION', '2.0 RC1-1');

and replace it with:

define('SMF_VERSION', '2.0 RC1.2');
define('SMF_LANG_VERSION', '2.0 RC1');

To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Chaos Dragon

I went a head and redid the update that way by replacing:
define('SMF_VERSION', '2.0 RC1-1');
define('SMF_LANG_VERSION', '2.0 RC1-1');

With:
define('SMF_VERSION', '2.0 RC1.2');
define('SMF_LANG_VERSION', '2.0 RC1');

And The upgrade went by far much better. All Tables got updated instead of some....and all other modifications that were needed were completed and not skipped.....Now Running a lot smoother than i was, just need to reinstall all my mods and I should be done. Thanks for the advice.

KiCR

Thanks norv, but now I'm only one step closer :/ The cache directory could not be find (" The cache directory could not be found. Please make sure you have a directory called "cache" in your forum directory before continuing.").

But i have a directory called cache in the forum root directory mit 777 permissions.

Norv

Just a thought: is the directory chmodded 777 if you check now? Sometimes when hosts don't allow 777, the change is silently ignored. In that case, 775 or 755 should do just fine, if after setting it, you can come back and check that it was indeed set.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

KiCR

My host allow 777, although i chmodded the cache folder to 775, test it and change i to 755 and test it once more. Same problem :/

Norv

I'm not sure what the problem is. In order to debug, can you please do the following:
after uploading the large upgrade files, in the file upgrade.php from your forum directory, find:

// Check the cache directory.
$cachedir_temp = empty($cachedir) ? $boarddir . '/cache' : $cachedir;
if (!file_exists($cachedir_temp))
@mkdir($cachedir_temp);

[/code]
And replace it with:

// Check the cache directory.
$cachedir_temp = empty($cachedir) ? $boarddir . '/cache' : $cachedir;
if (!file_exists($cachedir_temp))
@mkdir($cachedir_temp);
echo "<br>boarddir = $boarddir <br> cachedir = $cachedir <br> cachedir_temp = $cachedir_temp <br>";

Then run upgrade.php again. Please check the top of the page, and post here the three lines that should be displayed.

KiCR

Thank you Norv! I don't know why, but my cache directory was set to 

$cachedir = '/home/www/forum3/cache';

in Settings.php file. Now the upgrade went smootly and in the way I know and love it  :D

Norv

Great to hear you got it sorted out!
And thanks for letting us know, it will be useful to know what to suspect when it happens to others!

KiCR

That is the least i can do for the community!!

Advertisement: