MessageIndex.php Errors? (Undefined variable & invalid MySQL result)

Started by Urbanite, September 08, 2009, 02:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanite

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to fix this please? The errors happen when users or guests access the MessageIndex.php file, I am getting dozens of error messages in the log.

Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message 2: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
  Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message 8: Undefined variable: request5
  Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message 8: Undefined variable: row5

It seems to indicate something with the SMFBuy, but this feature is currently unused.

Just when you finally get it idiot proof ...along comes a bigger idiot!

Norv

Its code is executed, so yes, at least part of the problems seem related to it. Please try uninstalling the mod, and see if the errors still appear, and which of them specifically.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Urbanite

Thanks for the prompt reply Norv, needless to say removing the mod also removes all errors. Sadly re-installing SMFBuy brings them back same as before.

If I were to assume that the mod is ok, should I be looking at the database for an error of somekind?

Norv

Could you please post a ./Sources/MessageIndex.php file when the mod is installed?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Urbanite

Norv

Do you refer to the mod http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1083 ?
It's only for 1.1.10, please note. You seem to have SMF 2.0.

Though it seems there's more than the code of the mod as posted on the mod site. Can you please confirm what mod exactly are you trying to use?

Urbanite

Well yes that's the Mod with the exception its the Pro version (
SMFbuyPRO3.9). It is SMF V2 compatible.

<package-info xmlns="http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/package-info" xmlns:smf="http://www.simplemachines.org/"> <id>MonoTiz:SMFbuyPRO</id> <name>SMFbuyPRO</name> <type>modification</type> <version>3.9</version>  <install for="2.0 RC1.2"> <readme type="file" parsebbc="true">readme.txt</readme> <modification type="file">install20.xml</modification> <require-file name="SMF20/SMFbuy.php" destination="$sourcedir" /> <require-file name="SMF20/SMFbuy.template.php" destination="$themedir" /> <require-dir name="Themes" destination="$boarddir" /> <code>SMF20/smfbuyinstall.php</code> <redirect url="?action=admin;area=smfbuy;sa=admin" /> </install> 

Urbanite

Norv

Please consider taking the problem to the mod support. We cannot really provide support for all mods out there, even less for a payed mod for which we don't even have the code.

Urbanite

Fair point Norv, it is doubtless an issue with SMFBuyPRO it is appropriate the the Mod author sorts it out, thanks for your efforts thus far.

Arantor

Have you been able to speak to the author of SMFBuyPRO about this?

Urbanite

Thanks for your continued support on this Arantor; removing and reinstalling removed the errors, I have also installed an upgrade that I am monitoring closely.

I wouldn't necessarily mark this as solved, notably its more appropriate that issues that have been identified as belonging to a particular mod are directed to the author and seek support there, I don't think further comment is necessary here.

Thanks again.

Arantor

Understood - please keep us advised if there are problems though.

Advertisement: