News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

After server move wrong index.template.php

Started by Peter R, July 30, 2009, 12:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter R

Hello,
I am still using 2.0 Beta4, but just didn't had the time to do an upgrade.  I moved the site to an other server, and now my layout doesn't look good anymore. On the old server, I was using an templated that I derived from an other template, and that was working very well. After the move, a lot doesn't look good anymore. In the admin, the correct template is being selected, but index.template.php from the default template is being used. If I copy my new index.template.php into the default directory, this file works fine. Ofcource not everything works fine, but that is because some files of my new template are not in the default directory. I tried repair_settings.php, but that didn't improve a thing. A copied the html header. Maybe it rings a bell with somebody.  You can see multiple theme/default instances.
Thanks in advance
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "hxxp:www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd [nonactive]">
<html xmlns="hxxp:www.w3.org/1999/xhtml [nonactive]"><head>
   <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />
   <meta name="description" content="mysite, Scrapping on top of the world - Index" />
   <meta name="keywords" content="PHP, MySQL, bulletin, board, free, open, source, smf, simple, machines, forum" />
   <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="hxxp:www.mysite.com/scrapbook-forum/Themes/default/scripts/script.js?b4 [nonactive]"></script>
   <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="hxxp:www.mysite.com/scrapbook-forum/Themes/default/scripts/theme.js?b4 [nonactive]"></script>
   <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[
      var smf_theme_url = "hxxp:www.mysite.com/scrapbook-forum/Themes/mysite_forum_v1"; [nonactive]
      var smf_default_theme_url = "hxxp:www.mysite.com/scrapbook-forum/Themes/default"; [nonactive]
      var smf_images_url = "hxxp:www.mysite.com/scrapbook-forum/Themes/mysite_forum_v1/images"; [nonactive]
      var smf_scripturl = "hxxp:www.mysite.com/scrapbook-forum/index.php"; [nonactive]
      var smf_iso_case_folding = false;
      var smf_charset = "ISO-8859-1";
      var ajax_notification_text = "Loading...";
      var ajax_notification_cancel_text = "Cancel";
   // ]]></script>
   <title>mysite, Scrapping on top of the world - Index</title>
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="hxxp:www.mysite.com/scrapbook-forum/Themes/mysite_forum_v1/style.css?b4 [nonactive]" />
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="hxxp:www.mysite.com/scrapbook-forum/Themes/default/css/print.css?b4 [nonactive]" media="print" />
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="hxxp:www.mysite.com/scrapbook-forum/Themes/default/css/ie7.css [nonactive]" />
   <link rel="help" href="hxxp:www.mysite.com/scrapbook-forum/index.php?action=help [nonactive]" />
   <link rel="search" href="hxxp:www.mysite.com/scrapbook-forum/index.php?action=search [nonactive]" />
   <link rel="contents" href="hxxp:www.mysite.com/scrapbook-forum/index.php [nonactive]" />
   <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="mysite, Scrapping on top of the world - RSS" href="hxxp:www.mysite.com/scrapbook-forum/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml [nonactive]" /><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" id="index_css" href="hxxp:www.mysite.com/scrapbook-forum/Themes/default/css/index.css [nonactive]" /><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" id="forum_css" href="hxxp:www.mysite.com/scrapbook-forum/Themes/default/css/forum.css [nonactive]" />
   <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[
      // Create the main header object.
      var mainHeader = new smfToggle("upshrink", false);
      mainHeader.useCookie(1);
      mainHeader.setOptions("collapse_header", "b60d67a6ffec8937421c19c64ac99ee3");
      mainHeader.addToggleImage("upshrink", "/upshrink.gif", "/upshrink2.gif");
      mainHeader.addTogglePanel("user_section");
      mainHeader.addTogglePanel("news_section");
   // ]]></script>
</head>

greyknight17

Welcome to SMF.

Are you sure they are the same files from your older server? If you did a direct migration from old to new server, the contents of your files should not have bee modified in any way.

Advertisement: