News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Streaming 3

Started by 1948Pal, April 11, 2005, 03:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ride

Quote from: Royce on May 07, 2005, 09:08:05 PM
The width of windows media stuff stays the same no matter what value is entered when viewed with firefox.  It works fine in IE.  I haven't tried .mov or real files yet to see if they do the same thing.  Take a look.

http://www.fracturedmedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=186.0

Any fix for this?

Nitro

ok, i did it to work. uninstalled and install it one more time.
now it shows something but everything is pushed to the LEFT. i have mdified the settings but i guess there is no enough space for the media to show.

i wonder why is this happening.

any help please?

as you cen see in this picture, there should be the media player window and it's not there. Strange!
MPF Rocks!!!

brine

What do I put in the [stream] [/stream] tags? 

My test forum just shows a link to the clip.

What would I use for a clip named sample.wmv?

Nitro

somethin like this:
[stream]http://www.yousite-or-anyother-site.com/video.ram[/stream]

make sure to upload the video FIRST or if it is located somewhere else.
MPF Rocks!!!

dtm.exe

Quote from: NitroRich on June 04, 2005, 02:33:24 PM
somethin like this:
[stream]http://www.yousite-or-anyother-site.com/video.ram[/stream]

If it's a .ram file, don't you have to use the [real][/real] tags.

-Dan The Man

brine

Quote from: NitroRich on June 04, 2005, 02:33:24 PM
somethin like this:
[stream]http://www.yousite-or-anyother-site.com/video.ram [nofollow][/stream]

That is what I was using, but I still get a link to download the file and no player.   :(

Nitro

make sure you are using the right [real] or whatever for the right video format. it has to be a video, if it is just music it won't work. i made that mistake, i thought my video had video screen and it was just music so it didn't work.
MPF Rocks!!!

brine

Quote from: NitroRich on June 04, 2005, 06:06:21 PM
make sure you are using the right [real] or whatever for the right video format. it has to be a video, if it is just music it won't work. i made that mistake, i thought my video had video screen and it was just music so it didn't work.

I have tried 3 different movies:  .mov. .ram, & .wmv
I am using the correct options, but just getting links & no movies.

Nitro

are you using something like this?

[real=296,210]http://www.anysite.com/extras/video.ram[/real]

that is for a realmedia file. also did you check the features and options? to see if this is enabled?

MPF Rocks!!!

brine

Quote from: NitroRich on June 04, 2005, 07:55:46 PM
are you using something like this?

[real=296,210]http://www.anysite.com/extras/video.ram [nofollow][/real]

that is for a realmedia file. also did you check the features and options? to see if this is enabled?

OK.  I feel dumb!  I did not have the options checked in the features section.

Thanks

Nitro

np, that has happened to me before.
MPF Rocks!!!

Redsmurf

Doesn't seem to be compatible with SMF v1.0.4

After uploading .zip, then applying it:
"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

1948Pal

Fixed.
Please delete that one (3.0) and download the modified 3.1. It should work in 1.0.4.
"No matter how long the river, the river will reach the sea".
Eugene Fitch Ware

ivo2296

An Error Has Occurred!
2: file(D:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\bgpopfolk/Packages/temp/) [<a href='function.file'>function.file</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: D:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\bgpopfolk\Sources\Packages.php
Line: 174 

on 3.1 version
SMF 1.0.4

1948Pal

Did this happen when you tried to download the package or install it? Anyway, this is a permission error, you need to chmod, or change the attributes of the folder to be writeable. I hope this helps.
Eugene Fitch Ware

Redsmurf

I get the same error.  All folders are have write permissions.
This is how I attempted to install it:

1. Upload streaming_3_1.zip with package manager:

"Package has been downloaded successfully

Streaming"

2. Click "Apply Mod"

3. Next page shows:
"An Error Has Occurred!
2: file(C:\mydomains\mywebsite\wwwroot\SMF/Packages/temp/): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: C:\mydomains\mywebste\wwwroot\SMF\Sources\Packages.php
Line: 174"

Using SMF 1.0.4

squeeze

Anyone have installed this mod on SMF 1.0.5 Board'?
when i try to install it from package manager, find upload - install
an error say This mod is not compatible whit this version board or corrupted file.
Any suggestion?

ivo2296

Quote from: 1948Pal on June 18, 2005, 09:47:09 PM
Did this happen when you tried to download the package or install it? Anyway, this is a permission error, you need to chmod, or change the attributes of the folder to be writeable. I hope this helps.

This is on my local machine, i don't install the mod remotely - but anyway i have moved to 1.0.5 so i hope will come new of the mod soon.

Thanks!

ivo2296

Quote from: 1948Pal on June 18, 2005, 09:47:09 PM

Just i tested on new installation of 1.0.3 and it gives me same err.  The folders are not read only.

1948Pal

Ok, just updated the mod to install under 1.0.5. It willno longer work for versions prior to 1.0.4. The modified file should work for 1.0.4 and 1.0.5.
This mod tested only on a linux server, IIS I am not familiar with at all. Maybe unkown or someone else can help with the errors you guys are having. However, I always thought when it says "can not open stream" means some kind of permission issue, I could of course be wrong.
Eugene Fitch Ware

Advertisement: