News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

If post in a topic, the topic won't move in the topic list?

Started by n-joy, August 11, 2009, 04:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n-joy

Is this possible? :)
EDIT: But I want this in a specific board..

Arantor

It's possible if you rewrite the message index code.

Please provide more details, such as which SMF version you're using.

n-joy

-I use the overview light theme
-I use SMF 2 RC2
-I want to have it working in 2 Boards
-Messageindex attached

Arantor

Which two boards?

Is this likely to change? Do you want it configurable in case it does?

n-joy

Board 22, Board 23.
Hmmm...normally I won't change the settings. But if it's possible to ad an option in de admin area I think some people out there will be happy :)

Arantor

I'm sorry I didn't reply to this before; been kinda busy.

I'll try and see about writing this in the next day or so. Once done it'll go onto the Mod site where there will be a delay of a few days while the mod gets approved.

Arantor

I'm sorry, I haven't had time to do this yet - though it is on my list of things to do still.

n-joy

Our site will be released next saturday.
will it be ready next saturday?

Thanks! :)

Arantor

I'm sorry, I didn't realise there was a time limit. I still haven't had time to do this due to paid mods being ahead of the queue.

n-joy

Quote from: Arantor on September 05, 2009, 06:54:48 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't realise there was a time limit. I still haven't had time to do this due to paid mods being ahead of the queue.
I understand it! :)
Thanks

n-joy

Arantor

It isn't ready. I have had other priorities over the last few days to attend to. This is the mod I am working on tonight after another one.

n-joy

Quote from: Arantor on September 08, 2009, 03:22:19 PM
It isn't ready. I have had other priorities over the last few days to attend to. This is the mod I am working on tonight after another one.

n-joy

Arantor

Been digging through the code a lot on this one as my paid project took longer than expected.

Users can select a sorting order on the message index, be it by last post date, starting poster, name of thread.

Should it prevent that too? The problem with doing that is that it adds a scary amount of work to modify the theme.

You'll have this later on today from me though - but it'll be attached to this thread, rather than on the mod site since the queue is currently over a week I understand (I have two mods still waiting to be approved)

n-joy

Quote from: Arantor on September 11, 2009, 11:42:56 AM
Been digging through the code a lot on this one as my paid project took longer than expected.

Users can select a sorting order on the message index, be it by last post date, starting poster, name of thread.

Should it prevent that too? The problem with doing that is that it adds a scary amount of work to modify the theme.

You'll have this later on today from me though - but it'll be attached to this thread, rather than on the mod site since the queue is currently over a week I understand (I have two mods still waiting to be approved)
No, I want just an option to automatically sort the topics by date in some boards, nothing more. ;D

Advertisement: