News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Member Referral System

Started by VanGogh, March 09, 2005, 01:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanGogh

Hey,

So, I'm looking for a way to track who was referred in by whom.  In other words, if I have a current member of the forum who tells his buddy about my site, and his buddy signs up to the forums, is their any way that I can track\display that my member has one referral?

The reason I ask is because I'm looking at running contests in which the members of my board have a chance at winning prizes based upon how many new members they have referred in over the past month.

Additional useful features might be the ability to list all members referred by someone, and the ability to view referrals over a time span. (Thus, I could call up the past thirty days and see who brought in the most new members.)

And if it can't or won't be modded, does anyone have an idea of how I might be able to achieve this otherwise?

Thanks,
VanGogh

Mento

I'd also be interested in something like that, great idea.

umiya

I had asked for this some time ago and someone said they were gonna try it out, i think it was kirby

but any who i still would like to see this come to life

Michael-Ripper

Hello Umiya, its Ripper from hiya-host

I would also like to see this happen would be good to see it on hiya-host  :D

dtm.exe

If someone could make a referral mod for SMF, I would greatly appreciate it :).

-Dan The Man

TarantinoArchives

great idea. also a way to reward members for getting more people sign up

lupus

Yeah i agree this would be great, i run a place that needs members and a lot come in from Demo's run by the guys i'd love to see whose demo's were bringing in the most people...Though i doubt if the guys would get anything for it as we have zero funds most of the time....

Monopoly

Quote from: umiya on March 17, 2005, 12:45:35 PMI had asked for this some time ago and someone said they were gonna try it out, i think it was kirby but any who i still would like to see this come to life

This seems like a pretty good idea.  For example, if you run a game site, this could be benificial for reward points.  Maybe this is still being considered?
Monopoly's first commercial promotion took place in the 1930s with a hxxp:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Stamp-ctc-monopoly-game.jpg [nonactive].

Advertisement: