News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Event Registration Mod

Started by pftq, August 15, 2009, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyBarnacle

I would guess that your theme is using a custom file for showing threads.  I think that file is display.php but I'm not 100% positive.  Look at the files in your theme's directory and compare them to the list of files that are edited by this mod.  If you see custom file names in your theme's directory that match file names that are edited by this mod, you will need to manually edit them.

VSharks

Thanks. I figured that was what I'd need to do but I was comparing with the SMF editor. Should maybe try with notepad. :)

DJHicks

Hi there....

First thank you for a great mod after a few alterations to some code on my custom template ive got it working etc...

the only issue is my template uses .css and seems your mod is displaying correctly within the event post on the forums...

i get a white box appear with faded test and then a username etc

im trying to look through the code as much as possible but if anyone could point me in the right direction of some of the code i need to edit it'd be most appriciated!!!!!

thanks again!

DJHicks

lol once again ive sorted it myself.... typical.. i try for hours with no success.. then i post for help after searching about... and then i actually do it lol!

so for all that may beed the same info... you need to modify the flowing section in the display.template.php of your theme

// timestamp in days
$time_left = (strtotime(date('d-m-Y', $event['start_timestamp'])) - strtotime(date('d-m-Y'))) / 86400;

if(count($event['registration']) > 0)
{
$count = 1;
$full = false;

echo '<br><div class="codeheader2">',$txt['register_mod_registered'],' (',$event['registered'],'):</div><br>
<div class="code2">';

echo '<table width="100%" bgcolor="#111111">
<tr><td width="65px">#</td>
<td width="100"><b>',$txt['register_mod_nameHeader'],'</b></td>
<td><b>',$txt['register_mod_statusHeader'],'</b></td>
</tr>';

foreach($event['registration'] as $reg)
{
if ($count > $event['maxAttendants'])
$prefix = "+".($count - $event['maxAttendants']);
else
$prefix = $count;

echo '<tr>
<td><b>',$prefix,'.</b></td>
<td><a href="',$scripturl,'?action=profile;u=',$reg['id'],'">',$reg['name'],'</a></td>
<td>',($reg['dateConfirmed'] == 0 ? $txt['register_mod_unconfirmed'] : $txt['register_mod_confirmed']),'</td>
</tr>';
$count++;
}
echo '</table>';
echo '</div><br />';

This code is also modified to to show the name of the person and then if confirmed or unconfirmed etc instead of the normal (un)confirmed then name etc

simply copy the original css tag and rename and edit the code

such as - copy codeheader css code... rename to codeheader2 and edit the colour etc

for the code above you need to add codeheader2 and code2 to the css file (again copy "code" css and rename to code2 and edit etc

hope this helps!!!

Jakobwolff

it is possible to edit in this mod, so you only have to fill out

title
date
length of the event

and not all the other stuff

Tyrsson

Hey Kripz, if your not looking to continue the development of this mod I would be interested in updating it to RC2. Just send me a PM and let me know.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

ExSpirit

Tyrsson™, kriptz wrote that someone else can take this project. He even made some new things and attached if they will be in any help for you:

Quote from: kripz on October 19, 2009, 06:45:20 AM
Personal things have come up/happened and i've lost interest in the mod.

I've attached what i've been working on, it has some code that is unfinished and useless, though it wont affect anything. I think the last things i added were optional T&C and some other feature.

If anyone wants to continue it, feel free.

I hope you can continue this project since it's great and make all improvements which ware written in this topic.

Tyrsson

Gonna give it a shot ;)

I have a mod I am in the middle of writing now so I need to finish it up first. As soon as that is done I will get to work on this one as well.

P.S. Thanks Kripz.

wilsy

Quote from: Tyrsson™ on November 07, 2009, 02:20:04 AM
Gonna give it a shot ;)

I have a mod I am in the middle of writing now so I need to finish it up first. As soon as that is done I will get to work on this one as well.

P.S. Thanks Kripz.

This is superb news, any timescales?

Busy RewindBikers offered to Good Home! 1000+ members, loads of mods, SMF Gallery PRO, TinyPortal installed with great use of blocks, ultimate profiles, PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS (works flawlessly), great theme, 1,500 posts per month - PM or email me if interested.

Tyrsson

I cant see getting to it within the next couple weeks.

IamCanadian

I love this mod, thanks so much for building this. I have 2 suggestions...

1. Is it possible to "not" have it attach to every event? (some events do not have attendees)
2. It gives the message "Registrations have closed" the day of the event. Is it possible to keep taking registrations the day of the event? (or am I not doing something right?)

Thank again for the mod - Brett

Tyrsson

I didnt code it originally but I will be updating it for the 2.0 version. I have been busy recently and have not had a chance to look into it much. Hopefully will in the next week or so.

IamCanadian

Quote from: Tyrsson™ on November 26, 2009, 11:56:56 PM
I didnt code it originally but I will be updating it for the 2.0 version. I have been busy recently and have not had a chance to look into it much. Hopefully will in the next week or so.
Thanks for taking the time to respond so quick. This mod will really be a life saver to community sites, I totally understand if you are busy. Thanks again - Brett

doughboy99

I'd just like to add my thanks for taking this on. It is something we've been looking for for a while to allow club members to register for both events and trips.

perplexed

Quote from: Tyrsson™ on November 26, 2009, 11:56:56 PM

great news, look forward to using it on 2.0 RC2 :)

edit:

Quote from: Tyrsson™ on August 15, 2009, 01:57:42 PM
Link to Mod

Get support here.

SMF 2.0 is not and will not be supported. Dont bother asking.

maybe you could amend the first post since you are now working on it :)

Uhura!

This mod is awesome, it works great!

As others have mentioned, I have no confirm button.

Can you assist me with this?

Thanks a million!
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

go-

Quote from: IamCanadian on November 26, 2009, 09:57:41 PM
1. Is it possible to "not" have it attach to every event? (some events do not have attendees)

I would like to have a solution for that, too.

And thank you for the modification. It really saved my butt.

ricardo35

Wonders why the registration closes on the day of the event..

Is there any way to turn this off?

Thanks.

go-

Quote from: shiinto on December 11, 2009, 10:06:11 AM
Quote from: IamCanadian on November 26, 2009, 09:57:41 PM

I would like to have a solution for that, too.

And thank you for the modification. It really saved my butt.

I figured out a temporary solution for this.

While posting an Event blank out every field for the registration. No 0s, nothing.
When you do that,, the posted event will likely to show "Registrations have closed".

If you're not satisfied with that, you have to edit the code, or wait for someone to put a professional solution, i fear.

sorry, my bad.
this didn't work out at all. (did an event on the very today, so....)

Coyote Keith

I have one site basically built around this mod. Can't upgrade SMF until this mod is working with it. Being able to bypass the terms and conditions would be a nice option. Also, being able to disable the confirm feature would be nice.

And (Here's the big one)

Being able to set each event with a reminder date that would email each person signed up with a reminder would be awesome. Right now, I have to do this manually.

Thanks for continuing to work on this. Cheers!

Advertisement: