News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Event Registration Mod

Started by pftq, August 15, 2009, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrsson

My point is this, and has been stated several times through out this thread. The mod will be updated, and the code is underway, and there has been progress made on it, however, if the update was finished tomorrow I would still not update and release the mod UNTIL 2.0 goes FINAL. If I did it any other way then I would be updating the mod again before long. Which for me doesn't make much sense, however, I can see how it makes plenty of sense to those that just want the mod, regardless of the time it takes or the work it takes to support a mod through multiple releases etc.

Just for the record I am not updating any of my mods until 2.0 goes final, its not just this one.

Now, as far as defensive, nah not really.

Its this simple, either wait on 2.0 final and the update of this mod, or code one like it yourself, I don't care which.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

wilsy

Quote from: Tyrsson™ on November 14, 2010, 05:46:08 PM

Its this simple, either wait on 2.0 final and the update of this mod, or code one like it yourself, I don't care which.

...or you can hand it over to someone who has time ;)

Busy RewindBikers offered to Good Home! 1000+ members, loads of mods, SMF Gallery PRO, TinyPortal installed with great use of blocks, ultimate profiles, PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS (works flawlessly), great theme, 1,500 posts per month - PM or email me if interested.

Sakae

Kinda selfish, Tyrsson.

If you have a life (different than us, right? :P), you could allow other people with no life, no friends, no personal problems, no wife, no kids like us (remember always that you're the only one who have a life here) to code this for you.

But no, you don't want people coding for you. You don't code yourself. You don't people with no life get this MOD updated.
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

Tyrsson

I am not going to argue the point. The mod will be updated when 2.0 goes final. Period.

And to be honest this thread is really about to tick me off. How about I just remove the mod from the mod site so I do not have to deal with this at all? You know that is an option.

xtu

I agree with the others.

I got tired of waiting so I installed Joomla, bridged it to SMF 2RC3/4 for user sync, and bought JEvents Gold, and a bought custom theme. (that's right, I would have paid you $150.00 alone, I even offered up money many MANY many months ago)

We all understand you're trying to make a name for your self, while having fun with it. But I think it's starting to work against you, considering how busy your life is and how many projects you have going on.

I intend to post a request for a Joomla calendar to SMF calendar sync/bridge (or Joomla to Google cal sync/bridge) on the forums here, or have it custom coded outside of the SMF community if it gets no attention. Using this method will stomp this mod out of the water, especially when you consider it would all be sync'd, and taking into consideration the amount of features JEvents gold has.

At this point, I doubt any work has even been done to the mod, since Tyrsson has made it clear many times he wont release this until 2.0 goes final and he does not want to update on each release.

I am not trying to be rude or ruin your reputation (you're doing that your self) but it's just how I and many others see things right now with regards to this mod)

As for threatening to remove the mod as a whole (see point above), isn't that a bit selfish of you? I guess it doesn't matter. In fact, I think if you remove it, you will enable someone else to take it over as you would have officially "abandoned it". Or we could all just group our donations together and request someone else make a similar mod with a different name :)

Tyrsson

Or we could all just group our donations together and request someone else make a similar mod with a different name

To be honest I wish you all would, as it would make my life much easier. And as for the money you offered, I don't care about that. I do this because I enjoy it, but I do not enjoy dealing with those like you that think I owe you or anyone else here anything, because I don't. I do not owe you an updated mod or any code of any kind. That is what you all miss within this. It shouldn't matter if I ever update this mod or any other mod I have coded.

There is no thank you, there is never a "We understand".

Threads like this is what has made me consider leaving this team and never doing any type of free development again. Not that I am in it for any money, but because with that comes an obligation, a contract, which by the way I do NOT have with any of you. Can you not understand that??? I mean is it really that hard to understand I do not owe you or anyone else anything, not one single update do I owe you or anyone else.

improv

I understand you.
Life is priority and consumes more energy then anything else.

I would like to see this mod in action, but I'm waiting patiently and just checking for the status.

cwhchew

Quote from: Tyrsson™ on November 16, 2010, 12:57:18 PM
Or we could all just group our donations together and request someone else make a similar mod with a different name

To be honest I wish you all would, as it would make my life much easier. And as for the money you offered, I don't care about that. I do this because I enjoy it, but I do not enjoy dealing with those like you that think I owe you or anyone else here anything, because I don't. I do not owe you an updated mod or any code of any kind. That is what you all miss within this. It shouldn't matter if I ever update this mod or any other mod I have coded.

There is no thank you, there is never a "We understand".

Threads like this is what has made me consider leaving this team and never doing any type of free development again. Not that I am in it for any money, but because with that comes an obligation, a contract, which by the way I do NOT have with any of you. Can you not understand that??? I mean is it really that hard to understand I do not owe you or anyone else anything, not one single update do I owe you or anyone else.

Hi Tyrsson.

Thank you for your awesome mod.
I understand your pain of updating the mod to cater for version RC4. I have taken up the pain of updating your mod myself as i really needed to use it. i hope you do not mind.

For those of you who have been complaining about Tyrsson, I would say please be understanding as the code changes now are really really big. The code change between RC3 and RC4 is enough to break any mod.

Lastly, if you really need to use this mod, here is a link: hxxp:dl.dropbox.com/u/1145024/ERM_0.17BETA.zip [nonactive] . It will only run on RC4.

All credits goes towards Tyrsson. All I did was spent a few days comparing SMF's framework changes. Do not ask him or me for support of this mod.

interzis

hello and thank you

just installed on RC4 and seems to be working as expected.

thank you again, both of you, Tyrsson and cwhchew

Sakae

Quote from: interzis on December 01, 2010, 04:57:01 PM
hello and thank you

just installed on RC4 and seems to be working as expected.

thank you again, both of you, Tyrsson and cwhchew

Didn't worked on my fresh installed RC4. What's your SMF, interzis and cwhchew? May I take a look how it works?
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

interzis

as I said before, SMF 2.0 RC4
you can take a look here: http://fiatissimo.com/board/discutii-diverse/test-event/

it seems to be working OK except the events specific fields which now appear on every normal posting page, even for regular members

exteeyou

Excellent work! With respect to the above comment on the fields, all is well on RC4.

And for the record - the issue is not that he doesnt have time. According to what I have read and seen, he took over the mod and then said he will not touch it until SMF2 goes final (never). This was many months ago, so most of us are more/less just frustrated that someone took the rights to a mod they would not work on for an undisclosed period of time. ... Oh wait, I already said all of this many posts ago but he flipped out and didnt actually read the posts for what they meant.

Anyways -- Nice work mate, keep it up ;) Send me your paypal/email addy and I'll toss some donations at ya.

RustyBarnacle

Wow, I've been away a while but some things don't seem to change.  Hostilities towards devs don't help things get done faster.  I understand, and quite happy to wait as I know when I tried to make a mod I had a heck of a time.  I had a V1 working model but never submitted it because I couldn't make heads or tails of how to get it into V2 and didn't want this kind of headache.

pftq

Quote from: oridyne on November 01, 2010, 04:02:56 PM
Found a workaround for the errors in the log by adding 'isset' to the code in calendar.php

'maxAttendants' => isset ($_REQUEST['maxAttendants']),
   'daysSort' => isset ($_REQUEST['daysSort']),
   'daysConfirm' => isset ($_REQUEST['daysConfirm']),
   'daysClosed' => isset ($_REQUEST['daysClosed']),
   'termsAndCond' => isset ($_REQUEST['termsAndCond']),

But the problem is when you click on a date in the calendar the values are not set to the defaults but blank. (Picture Attached).

Sorry I missed this post a while back.  If you're still running into the issue, it's from not copying the mod changes to your custom theme (the mod will only apply changes to the default theme during install).  In particular, look at the parts of the code that modify the *.template.php files in modification.xml

This problem would be caused by nothing being sent from the Post.template.php file (when you first create an event), so you want to copy over the block of code that sends hidden input fields.

Hope that helps.

I'm also considering to allow Guests to sign up and input their own names - or allow members to sign up additional people... will have to play around with it when I get a chance.

@Tyrsson: I hope you don't mind these changes made to the mod? A bit late but it just occurred to me I was making a lot more changes than I expected sorry... and just now seeing all the recent comments about rights to the mod - I don't particularly want to get caught up in it. -_-

oridyne

Quote from: pftq on January 01, 2011, 09:52:54 PM
Sorry I missed this post a while back.  If you're still running into the issue, it's from not copying the mod changes to your custom theme (the mod will only apply changes to the default theme during install).  In particular, look at the parts of the code that modify the *.template.php files in modification.xml

This problem would be caused by nothing being sent from the Post.template.php file (when you first create an event), so you want to copy over the block of code that sends hidden input fields.

Hope that helps.

I'm also considering to allow Guests to sign up and input their own names - or allow members to sign up additional people... will have to play around with it when I get a chance.

Thanks for the reply, my theme does not replace those files, also I get the same result using the default theme.

I like the sound of allowing members to sign up additional people that would be very useful for my forum. Thanks for everyones efforts on this mod it is very much appreciated, I can only imagine the hard work that must go into coding these things.

Cheers.
<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Big Bang Burger Bar

cwhchew

no reply from mod author, so i'm assuming its okay for me to put up modified versions of this awesome mod.

This is the latest version modified by me as of 05-11-2011.

dl.dropbox.com/u/1145024/ERM_0.17BETA_05012011.zip

I have fixed the fields issue.. It looks fine now. I realise i'm not able to modify an event.. anyone facing the same problem ?

pftq

Ugh, I just realized I've had the wrong version uploaded all this time (it was an earlier test version that didn't work).  Anyone who downloaded between September and December 2010 should redownload - please contact me for the link (renamed it this time so I don't get them mixed up)

Sincere apologies on my part and thanks to oridyne for bringing that to my attention.

cwhchew

oooh, thanks alot for your work.

i didn't notice your post earlier=, otherwise i would have saved a ton of effort converting the plugin.

damn...q

impreza

an interesting addition, perhaps it will test
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

pftq

Quote from: pftq on January 01, 2011, 09:52:54 PM

I've finished adding both of these features, along with a number other useful changes.  They come as options you can set on the post-event page (which is also cleaned up now so that there's less scrolling).

Please contact me via PM or email if you want a link (not allowed to post it here).
Not sure what the procedure is for helping update the existing 1.x version on the SMF site, but let me know if you think the changes are worthwhile.

The total changes in addition to .17beta are:
- Allow multiple registrations from the same member, to allow them to sign additional people up.  Optional per event.
- Allow registrations from guests.  Optional per event.
- Allow comments to accompany signups (for additional information such as event needs, etc).
- Admin Register button added, allows you to register or delete other members from the event.
- Admin buttons always visible now, even if Admin isn't registered for the event.
- Allow members with moderating permissions to administrate event sign ups.
- Event administrator can also confirm or cancel any signups on the topic view.
- $timeleft fixed, was originally not ever getting the option to confirm. (Display Source and Template)
- Show number of days remaining before you can confirm. (Display Template and Language files)
- Setting days before confirmation to 0 disables confirmation for the event (hides confirm buttons).
- Setting max attendants to 0 will disable registration for that event (not every event needs signups).
- Post Event page (the one with just event title, no post) does not show event data; sometimes too much clutter when you might not want to link the event to a topic. (Calendar template)
- Event registration options on post event page combined on same lines to save space. (Post template)
- Terms and Conditions don't show if they are blank. (registerEvent.php)

Advertisement: