Permissions - Paid Subscriptions

Started by urbanyoung, August 25, 2009, 02:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbanyoung

Hey,

I'm wanting to give members a paid subscription, I can do this by giving their membergroup the Administrate forum and database permission, but this gives them too much authority. I'm wondering if there is a way and/or a plugin to allow a membergroup to give another user a subscription, without having to give them all of the authority that comes with Administrate forum and database permission.

Any help/tips would be appreciated.

REDSEW

urbanyoung

I've already looked there, I can't find anything to narrow it, the permission that enables it is too broad.

Arantor

Inside the Permissions area you should be able to configure which groups can move people around - e.g. set the Global Moderators to have permission to change usergroups, which would cover this.

urbanyoung

If I set that permission, they can view the paid subscriptions for a user, but if they click "Add this subscription" they get redirected to the administration centre, with only a few items visible (which is what I want).

Arantor

When you configure a subscription you add users to a group. Just have them add users to that group through modifying their profile.

urbanyoung

Yeah, but the way I'm trying to set it up is so that I can give a user the authority to handle subscriptions for people who can't use paypal. By changing a user's group, they won't expire after the subscription is meant to end, and they will remain there indefinitely.

Arantor

That's the only way you can do it for now other than allowing them admin level access.

urbanyoung

Advertisement: