News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Users Logged In Today per Board for 1.1.10 MOD

Started by jossanaijr, September 17, 2009, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jossanaijr

I would like to have the option to show users logged in each board.  Any mod?

Arantor

Admin > Current theme > Show who is viewing the board index and posts > select Member names

jossanaijr

Thanks Arantor, I know this but what I want is a logged history, I mean all members that logged in a specific board will be shown during a 24 hour period.

Arantor

Doable but potentially gets big in terms of log.

If you have 20 boards and 100 regular visitors each day, they might be likely to hit 2/3 of the boards, say... that's 1400 new rows in a database per day, soon mounts up.

There are other ways, but likely not so efficient in speed terms.

jossanaijr

Okay but my forum is small and I would like this for only one or two private boards.

Arantor

That would be more doable.

Is it something that would be likely to change over time in terms of what boards you're recording?

Where would you want that information available? Permission based to see it?

(As per the sticky topic in this board, the more information there is, the easier it is for a potential mod author to work on it; no mod went unwritten just because the requester was too detailed)

jossanaijr

Well the best would be a possibility to include and exclude one or more boards, to have permissions or not setup and to show the logged in the main forum page or just in the main board page...

But to start I would be very happy if I got one working for one specific board, shown only in the main page of this board and public to all members allowed to enter this board.

Advertisement: