I need all help i could get

Started by The -L-, September 01, 2009, 08:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyty1234

Hm, this doesn't stretch all the way down, and it seems to touch the post content.

Code (Find) Select

.postarea
{
margin-left: 16%;
}

Code (Replace With) Select

.postarea
{
margin-left: 16%;
border-left: 1px solid #000000;
}
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

The -L-

hmm...how to do it for whole post? including signature...

Arantor

The -L-

Its more like misery than issue xD

I can live without a line.. If you know how to add it say,if you need more than 10 min than forget it,its not worth of it...

Arantor

Well, I'm not a style person, but it looked to me as though the comments earlier in this thread should have done it.

tyty1234

He actually was asking for some sort of line or border to run down from the top of the post area, to the bottom of the signature which I can't a way to do, separating the poster info from the post itself.

The -L-

I supposed it couldn`t be done... don`t bother about this, i will mark topic solved ;)

Arantor

Oh, I'm sure it can be done, I'm just not sure how. Though I know boards on table cells can be tricky if border-collapse is in play (which it usually is)

tyty1234

Plus we would have to think semantically, since i think Display.template.php is semantic....right?

Arantor

Depends on the theme. If it's based off the core theme, it's strongly table bound which isn't semantic at all.

The -L-

Could i edit my theme somehow and make grid around post like this one...

Norv

* Norv wonders if this thread would be better moved at Graphics and Templates, it seems more likely for the OP to get advices, as it is more likely to be read by people interested in ... well, in graphics and templates.
(please don't make duplicate topics though, we can simply move this one if you agree)
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

The -L-

Sure,go on. And sry for double posting,it will not happen again ;)

Advertisement: