News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

USER INFO and Search

Started by anunlike, April 12, 2005, 01:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anunlike

Hi.

I have 2 quick questions that I don't think will be too hard to answer.

The first is in regards to the USER INFO box. I'm trying to customize it and I'm not too sure as to how to put spaces between the various lines. Mine looks like:
"Hey, AUW, you have 0 messages, 0 are new.
Total time logged in: 1 days, 1 hours and 40 minutes.
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
April 12, 2005, 12:23:20 AM"

My question then is how can I make extra spaces between the lines:
"Hey, AUW, you have 0 messages, 0 are new.

Total time logged in: 1 days, 1 hours and 40 minutes.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

April 12, 2005, 12:23:20 AM"

The second is in regards to the Search function. I searched here on how to center it and I found and put in this code: <td width="100%" valign="top"> in index.template.php where I was instructed and it works perfectly. However, I don't have the KEY STATS box or NEWS BOX showing and because of that, it's centered. I noticed that when I show the KEY STATS box or NEWS BOX, it centers only with the USER INFO box and because the USER INFO box naturally gets smaller, the Search is no longer centered on the page. My question is then, how do I get it centered on the page (in the same place) despite whether the KEY STATS box or NEWS BOX is shown or not?

I appreciate the support and I LOVE this forum software! Thank you.

OvermindDL1

<br /> is the html code for a new line.  Put it in the template where you want in the text.

anunlike

Thanks! Got it.

One more question, actually. How do I get the date and time ', $context['current_time'];'

&

the 'Show new replies to your posts.' <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['show_unread_replies'], '</a> formatted like they are here?

I'm just new (but getting the hang of it).

[Unknown]

You can look at the HTML we use here.  I think it's a table or floats or something.  Been too long.

-[Unknown]

anunlike

Apologies, but that doesn't help much. I'm still too green. I only get Template Parse Errors.  ::)

I'd very much appreciate any further explanation.

For the Search thing, I'd still appreciate the help, with centering it. If I could get the code to center the USER INFO box, that would also work, though it would still make the Search not centered if a user views the KEY STATS box.

(If I could just get the little snippets of code to do this, I'm sure it's overly easy)

Thanks again.

EG

check the html code as [unknown] says

it really helps wiht a lot of odd queries... gives you an idea of what files are being used, and how they are formatted...

paste the code into a html editor, if it helps.

the "show new replies to posts" here is over there on the right, because its all set in a table

<td width="60%" valign="top">
Hey, <b>EG</b>, you have <a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=pm">19 read messages</a>.
</td>
<td valign="top" align="right">April 14, 2005, 05:24:00 PM</td>
</tr><tr class="windowbg2">
<td colspan="2">
Total time logged in: 1 days, 23 hours and 19 minutes.
</td>
</tr><tr class="windowbg2">
<td>
<a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=unread">Show unread posts since last visit.</a>
</td>
<td align="right" valign="bottom" nowrap="nowrap">
<a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=unreadreplies">Show new replies to your posts.</a>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2" class="windowbg2" style="border-width: 1px 0 0 0; border-style: solid; border-color: #FFFFFF;">
<b>News:</b>  If you&#039;re not yet using <a href="http&#58;//www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=31337.0">the latest version, SMF 1.0.3</a>, please upgrade as soon as possible.
</td>

anunlike

Thank you all for the help. The support is very reassuring  ;)

I decided to do some different stuff with all of what I asked about and those questions no longer apply. I figured out each thing I wanted to implement.

anunlike

Uh, well, I do have one more very simple question. How do I change the font color (not the links) in the USER INFO box?

I've went into index.template.php & style.css, but I can't seem to get the code to work, it stays as the default.

[Unknown]

Hmm.. you could add an inherit for the color in your td rule.

-[Unknown]

anunlike

Thanks. Yes, I'd already done that, but typed it in wrong. It's fixed and working now.

Advertisement: