News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Browser errors...urgent help!

Started by The -L-, September 04, 2009, 07:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The -L-

Ok my forum loads normally on Chrome And Firefox (as far as i know) the thing is i got this error on IE (windows default)
You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the forum-racunara.com home page.

You can click  Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer 

And this error on newest Opera

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Apache/2.0.54 Server at www.forum-racunara.com Port 80

What the hell is wrong????

Info:
Using: SMF 2.0 RC 1-2
PHP: Php info
Forum url: http://www.forum-racunara.com/forum/
Theme: Elit 2

Anything else???

Kill Em All

I can not load you site at all or your php info. Can you please check your site?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

The -L-

WTF...how can i access even if i logout...what should i do???? O.o

Kill Em All

What can you access? You need to be more descriptive. I can not load your page at all.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Norv

My Firefox doesn't seem able to load the page...though it's still trying for the last minute or more.

About the errors you received in Opera or IE: does your forum still have an index.php file?
You might want to make sure to connect witt FTP as soon as possible, and see if your files are still there.

On this note, perhaps you can also open phpMyAdmin as soon as possible to make sure you take a database backup. Don't overwrite your older backups.
Might be a host problem, temporary then. Might also be a hack happening.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

gbsothere

I can't even access his main site, without the /forum.   ::)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

The -L-

lol its the same dorum-racunara.com gets redirected to /forum/index.php

The -L-

I will just reinstall my forum... -.- i hope that it would work...

Norv

Why reinstall? It works now! It looks like it was a host issue. Your host's server must have had a hiccup.
Good to see it back on-line!
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

TheListener

darn Norv ya beat me to it  :)

The -L-

May I suggest you upgrade to the latest version of the portal.

Make sure you uninstall 2.2.2 first though.

The -L-

hmm...its still broken at me...nah ill just reinstall it...i got installation on my pc already and everything i need...

anyways can i get someones MSN in case i get something broken with happens alot in last few weeks? :D

Norv

Please check out the attachment.

On this note, I strongly suggest that you ask your host why everything was down today, not take on the poor forum. :)
Because it definitely looks like a host issue, not forum.
Also, about you you still not being able to access it: please try clearing your browser's cache. If that fails, you still should wait a while. If, by a random example, your host changed your forum to another server (that's just a random example), then for hours, until the new information propagate, some clients may be unable to access it.
Note that I have no idea what your host's problem was, but that's exactly the point: it looks highly likely they should know, and it is to them that you could find more useful to take the problem, instead of reinstalling...

roomeat

If it's a host issue.. then it still has problems.. won't load at all for me.
We were not given dreams, without also being given the power to achieve them.

Kill Em All

I can now access your forum, but it looks a little... messed up. Do you still need any help with this?

The -L-

I re-installed the forum and everything went fine...but again there is the problem when i try to access my forum in opera or Chrome...omg...what to do???

Please help me...

The -L-

I can access now only via Mozila Fire Fox and just me none of the members can...

I can access a page that isnt in /forum directory and also i mennaged to log in via Chrome when i copied this link:
http://forum-racunara.com/forum/index.php?board=104.0
bt the thing is that i can now see the forum when i logout...O.o

im soooooo confused please help ...

Norv

I can access your forum just fine via Firefox 3.5 and Opera 10. It works just fine.

The -L-

For me:

Chrome failed.
Opera 10 failed.
Firefox 5.0 Loaded.
Internet Explorer failed.

As for all my fiends all their browsers failed to load the main page...can this be fixed...?

Norv

This doesn't sound like a forum issue, The -L-, for all I've seen, your host is down at times...

However, please open a command prompt if you're on windows, and run

tracert forum-racunara.com

Paste here the result.

Also, please paste here what errors you have when you try chrome, opera etc, what does it say for you?

The -L-

Is this safe to post here???
[EDIT] IP trace route info

This is not problem at me...its almost all my forum members...

Tyrsson

Please link Norv to a hosted image and post the other info he is asking for.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Norv

Quote from: The -L- on September 06, 2009, 09:17:10 AM
For me:

Chrome failed.
Opera 10 failed.
Firefox 5.0 Loaded.
Internet Explorer failed.

As for all my fiends all their browsers failed to load the main page...can this be fixed...?
Quote from: The -L- on September 06, 2009, 11:31:33 AM

This is not problem at me...its almost all my forum members...

So, now, it works for you?

Please tell what error(s) you, or they, receive.

The -L-

QuotePlease link Norv to a hosted image and post the other info he is asking for.
http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/8854/cmds.jpg
o.o

QuoteSo, now, it works for you?
No just on Firefox...but what is it of use when just 3% of my forum members use FF...this needs to bi fixed...

QuotePlease tell what error(s) you, or they, receive.
I posted it in some post above but sure here are again:

Chrome:
Forbidden

Internet Explorer:
You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the forum-racunara.com home page.

You can click  Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer 

Opera 10:
Forbidden

Norv

For: http://www.forum-racunara.com
you say you have defined a redirection? please make sure you define a redirection to http://www.forum-racunara.com/forum, or http://www.forum-racunara.com/forum/index.php, as it seems there is nothing on your server at http://www.forum-racunara.com

Alternatively, you could do something else, instead of a redirection: in your host's cpanel administration tool, you can probably define to what folder does the domain forum-racunara.com point to. You can set there to point not to your web root, but to your web_root/forum
(where your web_root is probably named 'public_html', or 'httpdocs' or 'htdocs')

The -L-

Omg...it has no connection with what you just said...problem is somewhere in files...-.-

Forum worked perfectly and when i edited my theme it got broken i re-installed whole forum and installed theme and same stuff...

I didn`t go to host ACP or even phpmyadmin so that cant be the problem...redirection -.- how it could work a week ago then? Redirection has no connections with the problem...it could be just error in files i edited...like index.template or display template or something...

I don`t know what else could be the source...

If anyone wants to help i could give you ftp access and admin on forums...just make it work...

Norv

http://www.forum-racunara.com
results in the error listed by you, which typically means it is mapped to a directory with no default index file.

http://www.forum-racunara.com/forum/
displays the forum page. Your forum seems to be working perfectly. But only at this address.

If you do not get the same results, can you please tell what is your result of going to the address http://www.forum-racunara.com/forum ?

The -L-

Wow...didn`t notice that...
so all i need is to make forum-racunara.com/index.html/php witch will redirect..
...if its so that its cool cause i wanted to add a page before forum...heh..

lol,even works in IE...

So that was wrong whole time??? O.o

Norv

Quote from: The -L- on September 06, 2009, 01:25:45 PM
So that was wrong whole time??? O.o

Not exactly. Your forum was down at least a couple of times during this. Down as when the server is down. You might find useful to ask your host about these downtimes.

The -L-

Okay..i will...i will mark topic as solved but if i get any problems with this ill ask here for help ;)

Norv

Sure thing, please feel free to do so. Good to see it's all working fine! :)

The -L-

Advertisement: